In character past this point

TessaKitty

For context: For anyone that doesn't know, text screens have been put up in the doorways that lead into the bunks area. Not the individual bunks, but the entire lobby. Textscreens that say "In character past this point, al rules still apply".

I think that this is kinda DUMB for a number of reasons. Firstly, this sign implies that the bunks lobby itself is no longer in character. And even though thats not the case, having a big sign that suggests that it is could be easily trolled and fucked around with. Within the first 30 minutes of the sign being there, I've seen people RP about seeing an empty void at the end of the corridor. From what I understand, roleplaying in the lobby is optional and not a necessity, but that implies that anyone is welcome to ruin other peoples roleplay. Seeing a big sign that says in character from here removes any existing immersion, and goes back on the recent forums post about an upcoming emphasis on roleplay. As we in CG are trying to work on keeping things a little stricted and a little tighter and focusing on enforcing roleplay, placing these signs is just gonna get in our way honestly. I don't think think this is a good idea.

• Optimistic 1

Ex - Minge, Commander Fox, 14th RCMD

spacer.png

Im alright with there being signs, but personally, I believe they are worded in a very open ended way. As Tessa has stated, having a signed notifying "In character past this point" implies that before the point, its acceptable to be out of character. When the sign was first placed down, people were purposely standing before the sign / running back and forth between the "in character" and "out of character" zones being serious and dumb respectfully. 

If the signs were reworded to something along the lines of "Conduct yourself in a serious manner at ALL times" would be better for enforcing more serious RP through textscreens.

Just my thoughts on it.

• Agree 2

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png

Banned
9 minutes ago, Maddoxx said:

@Donomade the signs. All his ideal so we can blame him. 

:redsweat::redthumbsup:

Banned

I'll be positioning bunks into a new area next map update, which should be very very soon due to some bugs. This will both assist this matter, and also fix the issue where EJs have to run through bunks to get through the base 

• Winner 1
  • Informative 1