Remove VIP requirement for event jobs

Ccmonty

Name: Monty

RP Rank: CSM

Suggestion: Remove event jobs from being VIP only. I know event jobs have long been part of the VIP package but hear me out: It is SO hard to get event jobs who aren't admins. I see basically no advert calls for event jobs because people have just given up. The main reason people buy VIP is for naval and jedi (mainly jedi) and with the (hopefully) new influx of players we will be getting having event jobs not locked behind VIP rank could be very helpful. Just consider it

Implementation: Remove VIP requirement for event jobs

• Dumb 5

-1 …..

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Between the huge GM team, all the staff members, and the large amount of VIPs, if you can't find any helpers that's on y'all to encourage it tbh.

• Agree 1

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

I always thought this was a good suggestion

Users can apply for staff without being VIP and they are super cucked out of actually ranking up, the idea of being a EJ is a incentive is like 2016 SWRP talk, there is not a single person on the server that bough VIP for EJ, even then i think it would be awesome for newer players to fall in love with it, its a small risk to deal with minges but half of our server is staff, the moderation is there, id rather take a risk to get a better reward for the player experience 

+1 :) 

• Dumb 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

30 minutes ago, Dirty said:

Not gonna +1 or -1 but he is right it is extremely hard to get helpers as it is vip or no vip.

True, it is hard to get event jobs, specially for big events with multiple EJ's. That being said, given that almost everyone on the server is VIP, I don't see this being as much of an issue as is maybe suggested. I don't think allowing non-VIP's to get EJs is going to make it easier is what I'm saying, since that would only free up... what, 2 or 3 more people in the normal pop rotation to be eligible for it? Doesn't mean they will automatically take it though.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Lovestruck said:

Between the huge GM team, all the staff members, and the large amount of VIPs, if you can't find any helpers that's on y'all to encourage it tbh.

people dont wanna be helpers because they wanna be able to play in the event

Couple of things:

• Very few people are not VIP.    There's always someone gifting it to others so this wouldn't change much if nothing at all.
  • Trusting people with this on the new system will be hell by making these public.  Very few minges actually put money down for VIP regardless so expect this to be abused.   This is likely the main reason why this will be denied straight up by a founder.

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 4:52 PM, Cubby said:

-1 some dumass is gonna come on the server and just rdm as a commando droid bruh, man could literally get on a sith job and enter DB and kill all. I want to feel special I bought VIP and they didnt

Dont event jobs spawn in the admin room? How would they get out to RDM if they weren't staff?

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

55 minutes ago, Comics said:

Dont event jobs spawn in the admin room? How would they get out to RDM if they weren't staff?

There's now vents in the admin room for event jobs to access different parts of the base, so they can just use those to get out of the admin room.

• Informative 1
39 minutes ago, Taz said:

whitelists like its candy

The way the whitelist system works is that every VIP on the server has access to the event jobs. As staff, we don’t whitelist people anymore (for events). 

As for the other comment, that’s just me being dumb, I’m not necessarily complaining about anything. I also didn’t purchase VIP with my own money, so it matters even less. 

Edited by Cubby
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.