Finn's Attack Regimental Reapp (5th Sector)

Finn

Steam Name:  Metacrisis

RP Name: Finn

Steam ID (SteamID Finder):  STEAM_0:0:51113824

Regiment you are applying for:  5th Sector (Formerly Attack)

How many terms have you held the position?:  2

How do you feel your previous term went?: I think my term went well.

Why do you wish to remain a Regimental Commander?:

I want to remain as an RCMD because I think I can still offer my experience and support to the new battalions under me. I was a major advocate of the regiment changes, and I want to stay on and make sure these new changes run smoothly, and to help with the (hopefully) revitalization of the battalions. I’m also enjoying myself as a HC member, and think I can do more good for the community as a regimental than as a trooper in a battalion.

Current availability:

Mon-Fri 6PM-12AM

Sat-Sun 12PM-12AM (Generally)

What have you achieved within your regiment during your past term?:

My second term was all about updating the backend of the battalions, and trying to soften the decline as best I could. I think that all 3 of my battalions maintained a good amount of activity, consistency, and maturity during my term. The early summer crash hit everyone hard, but I’m confident in saying the battalions I oversee did better than most.

What improvements or changes do you plan on making within your regiment?:

I think overall battalions need to refocus on some of the basics

-Recruits

Everyone should be focusing more on recruitment, now that the issue with the server listing is fixed, and we should be seeing an influx of new members. This is something I plan on making a high priority for all my battalions.

-Engagement

Everyone’s had a rough few months with the server, and a lot of people are bored or burnt out. The focus needs to shift back to making the server more engaging for long term members, and get the core of the community back into the server swing.

-Retention

This has been something that I think everyone has done the best they can with, considering the circumstances, but it’s something I want to emphasize in daily battalion activity. Keeping the battalions happy should always be at the forefront of a HC team, and it’s the 3rd general goal I want all battalions to think about.

Of course, I also have things I’d like to see from each battalion.

212th

As the only battalion that’s the same, I have no immediate goals with them. They’re in a stable position, and their leadership is addressing any issues they need to right now. My only long term goal for them is to increase the interaction they have with other battalions.

Galactic Marines

My goal for GM is to work with the next Bacara and establish the battalion as a stable place for people to be. Bacta did a great job at fixing a majority of the issues that have been plaguing the battalion, and I aim to work with them now to help finish up any issues that might be there, and help them navigate through any issues that might arise in the future. 

Republic Commandos

RCs have always been one of the more independent battalions, and I don’t intend on changing that. My goal with RCs is to try and promote more RP opportunities for them to be involved with, and try and show off some of the more unique qualities they have and can do.

As always, I’m available for anything the battalions might need my help for, whether it be tryouts, admin sits, recruits, etc. My primary objective will still be to allow battalions to thrive without an overbearing boss micromanaging them, and giving battalion the freedom to decide how they want to grow on the server.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Edited by Finn
  • Dumb 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

+1. The only ATK Reg i know and love.

sorry.... 5th Sector

• Funny 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Sigh... +1

You're a great reg, and you have the balls to stick it to the rest of the hicom. You listen to the players. You're one of the good ones.

• Friendly 1

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

+1 Finn has done amazing for his Regiment and I easily believe he'll continue to do great

• Friendly 1

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

Veteran Admin

+1 round 5! thats crazy 

• Friendly 1
Banned

-1, now I am about to be controversial but I have had more bad experiences with you than I have had good ones, the way you act with bounty hunters is well on just the surface horrible. I have seen you break so many rules and honestly I don't really see you as a good fit anymore. While you have experience I cannot discredit you on that, its really just the way you act that is the main problem. As a REG and you know this cause you have done 4 terms you should act like the best of the best and you don't. I will not specify but if you would like to talk about it DMs and explain to me about how you plan to change than I might change to a +1 but for now I am -1ing.

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Informative 1
  • Confused 3
  • Dumb 3

Records I hold: Fastest time to return and resign 4 minutes | Most returns and resignations 6 Times 

Banned

The way you act with bounty hunters is amazing. Huge +1

• Winner 1

r4ymo.gif

6 hours ago, Dirty said:

-1 im sorry your activity just isnt enough

I’ve never had a problem reaching out to him? He’s 41st intel director and a somewhat mentor for many and I’m able to contact him about almost anything and he responds within a hour unless it’s a ungodly late time for him. If we are talking about in game activities I can say he hasn’t been removed yet so he must be hitting the required hours and yea he may not go above and beyond and spends his life on the server but he’s always available if you need him either in ts or discord, he’s one of the few regimental I can talk to comfortably huge +1

• Winner 1
  • Confused 1
15 hours ago, Valakyth said:

-1, now I am about to be controversial but I have had more bad experiences with you than I have had good ones, the way you act with bounty hunters is well on just the surface horrible. I have seen you break so many rules and honestly I don't really see you as a good fit anymore. While you have experience I cannot discredit you on that, its really just the way you act that is the main problem. As a REG and you know this cause you have done 4 terms you should act like the best of the best and you don't. I will not specify but if you would like to talk about it DMs and explain to me about how you plan to change than I might change to a +1 but for now I am -1ing.

5 terms lmao, this is his 3rd term, he's applying for 5TH SECTOR ARMY, not his 5th term

• Funny 2
  • Dumb 1

hi.

16 hours ago, Valakyth said:

Hi Valakyth, thanks for the input. I'm not sure about any rules that I might have broken, but I do my best to follow base procedure when it comes to Hunters. I'm interested in what you think I might have done wrong, and I encourage you to tell me if you think I'm overstepping, as it's rare that I'm told I truly overstep, and this might be just a misunderstanding of what the rules are.

As FYI stated, I've only been a RCMD for 2 terms, not 5, but I can understand the confusion in the thread title.

• Optimistic 1

j5VeS9D.jpg

Banned

After have having a conversation with Finn about my -1 I have decided to change to a +1 the issues have been chalked up to things being blown out of proportion. I think Finn will do well in this position I mean he has the past 2 times thank you for correcting me FYI. So I am changing to a +1.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Records I hold: Fastest time to return and resign 4 minutes | Most returns and resignations 6 Times 

18 hours ago, Dirty said:

-1 im sorry your activity just isnt enough

He's probably one of the most active regimentals as of late, what are you on about

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 4

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

-1, I have found your style of leadership highly contradictory and bad for battalions. While those that willingly go along with you seem to do just fine there are bouts where battalions don't want to do what you ask and so you just force it upon them whether they like it or not. 41st is the absolute best example, you had an enormous fight with 41st after you just took their roster access without seemingly consulting the battalion. Which lead to Mexico having to demand access back against your best wishes, but Mexico never actually owned the document, and access still remains pretty limited still. I also know of your strange demand to control the 212th roster, you say it's owned by the "cody email" and yet the only people with access to the roster are you, Jova, the cody email (which you have mobile verification for), and 2 intel officers. 

You make huge claims about being hands off and not being a shadow BCMD, to which I agree you never truly were a shadow BCMD. But your actions speak to a desire to retain control specifically over documents in the way a BCMD would. It's really strange and completely goes against the persona you try to push about being a hands off advisor type. You do all this dictatorial roster stuff as a way to "automate" and make things better for battalions but it seems to really be expanding your singular control over all these collective battalions' things. Not sure why you alone are obsessed with protecting a battalions documents from everyone including the battalions, seems a tad controlling for someone all about being hands off as a reg. 

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Confused 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

2 hours ago, Comics said:

-1, I have found your style of leadership highly contradictory and bad for battalions. While those that willingly go along with you seem to do just fine there are bouts where battalions don't want to do what you ask and so you just force it upon them whether they like it or not. 41st is the absolute best example, you had an enormous fight with 41st after you just took their roster access without seemingly consulting the battalion. Which lead to Mexico having to demand access back against your best wishes, but Mexico never actually owned the document, and access still remains pretty limited still. I also know of your strange demand to control the 212th roster, you say it's owned by the "cody email" and yet the only people with access to the roster are you, Jova, the cody email (which you have mobile verification for), and 2 intel officers. 

You make huge claims about being hands off and not being a shadow BCMD, to which I agree you never truly were a shadow BCMD. But your actions speak to a desire to retain control specifically over documents in the way a BCMD would. It's really strange and completely goes against the persona you try to push about being a hands off advisor type. You do all this dictatorial roster stuff as a way to "automate" and make things better for battalions but it seems to really be expanding your singular control over all these collective battalions' things. Not sure why you alone are obsessed with protecting a battalions documents from everyone including the battalions, seems a tad controlling for someone all about being hands off as a reg. 

To correct this because you clearly aren't in the know for 212th Intel as someone whom was deputy director for nearly 1.5 years:

Long before Finn even wanted to become an regimental,   We started working on automating the roster to lower Intel's numbers due to so many people joining to have an excuse of "doing something".    It became a problem when normally battalions have 1-2 people working on rosters and we had like 15 people doing it.    This was something a past Cody wanted to change in 212th as well.    I don't recall if you were still kicked out of discord when this was going on.  

The problem was that people were causing issues by breaking the fucking roster.    Kelso, Cabrera, Finn, and Me still have control in case something breaks.   As you know,  Cabrera and Kelso have been still doing backend work even after leaving the server....

spacer.png

I do know Finn is likely one of the most active regimentals I've seen on the server so far and one of the most outspoken ones.   I'll agree with Vala that some of the shit being mentioned is stuff taken out of context. 

+1

Edited by Zensras
rephrased this to be less confusing for people lmao
  • Winner 1
  • Confused 3

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

3 hours ago, Comics said:

Hi Comics. Not sure where you got your info from, but it's not entirely accurate. The situation with 41st isn't nearly as explosive as you're implying it was. I, with the consultation with my Intel Officers (one of who was the XO) decided that since the roster is almost 100% automated, no one really needed to edit the roster for anything, so we removed the access. A few of the Senior Officers thought that they should be able to edit it, we discussed it, and when Mexico said he agreed with the SOs, we restored their access. That wasn't a decision I made as a RCMD, but as their Intel Director. 

As for the 212th, I've never said it's owned by the Cody Email. I was pretty open about that being the only 212th document I own, and it's because no Cody has had an issue with me owning it. 

I can somewhat understand the angle of me being controlling, but it's a narrow view of the situation. Everything I do with 41st and 212th , I do with the consultation of the Intel teams in the respective battalions, and I only do that in those battalions. I didn't have any control/influence over the 501st intel team, nor do I in GM/SOBDE.  And everything I do in my capacity as ITD is to try and make things as simple as I can for regular members to deal with roster/intel stuff. 

If you want to discuss this further, my DMs are always open.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

j5VeS9D.jpg

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING