Arizona's BCMD Fox application

Arizona

Steam Name: Arizona

RP Name: Arizona 

RP Rank: CPT

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:146899122

Battalion you are applying for: CG

Experience:  I have about 4 years of experience in synergy however my track of time with where I was and who was who isn't crystal clear but with going back and looking at old documents and discord DMs these times are pretty accurate. 

501st

PVT-1stLT 2019

2019 was my first-time playing synergy seriously and the first battalion I joined was 501st where I joined during the term of BlueJay and where I stayed until stormzys term. During my time I helped build up the ARF branch into an active and organized regiment that when I joined was the smallest and most inactive branch and to this day, I see that as a pretty good achievement considering I was so new to the server and how everything worked. My time in 501st really got me acquainted with what was expected of branch leads and officers in synergy. 

CG 

PVT-WO 2019

After 501st I joined CG under Anderson during his 1st time as fox. During that time, I had joined the Vanguard branch where again it hadn’t been in the best shape and when I joined and rose to the rank of Vanguard Lead, I took the reins of the regiment and started to make all documents, tryouts and roster from scratch and organize them into folders. Next step for me was to get players into the regiment. I started off doing heavy advertising of my branch and show off the best parts of it and make the regiment look better then everyone else’s advertising our structure, officer activity and organization to provide a structured experience for players. I made sure that all officers and CG HC had the proper access to these docs because unfortunately I was dealing with a lot of mental health issues during that time, and I had anticipated having to leave to get everything together. Which I did. 

CG 

PVT-CSM 2020x2

I joined back during Andersons second time as fox and was active during Grets terms as well. So, this was a running gag in CG I came back and left twice never surpassing the rank of CSM. The main reason for this was that I had picked up too much regimental work and burned myself out I pride myself on bringing care to a regiment and when I want to get a regiment to the goal of “re active” I do my hardest to do so and with the exception of one time I did exactly that. More of the same Organization, advertisement and structure. Shortly after vanguard was dissolved in favor of Riot I moved toward Trackers with Jad and Trad as lead and officer. While they were focused mainly on their Server HC roles, I took on the load of maintaining the server wide massiff trainings and the recruitment of new players and CG HC would occasionally ask for my help for CG documents such as tryout docs and body grouper rule documents. Every time I joined CG, I learn something new and this time it was how to pace myself with synergy work that I don't think is necessary to go into detail here if anyone is curious, please feel free to ask about it in the comments. 

CG 

CSM-CMD 2021

Last year was the best year for me on synergy. Where I finally took all the lessons and trial and error to focus on CG and of course every time I came back to CG I made it my mission to change something for the better. But no other time came close to my run to CMD. I made suggestions that later became very successful parts of CG to this day. For example, CG had been suffering from lots of enlisted troopers not joining regiments because of not knowing what each regiment does or just only being focused on one and not expanding their horizon. For a fix I suggested a “Regimental Advertisement'' Channel that let all regimental Officers and Leads show off their regiment and everything it has to offer and have all new troopers have 1 tag that pings them and they can get an idea of what each regiment does. This has been a very successful implementation as I have not seen something like that put into use for any other battalion (Please correct me if I'm wrong down below) and it seems other battalions have adopted the same or similar idea that we still use such as 104th. 

One update I made during my time as the SPEC Overseer to combat the lack of numbers in CG’s specializations was the removal of rank requirements to join a specialization. This was a controversial move as having rank requirements had always been a part of CG however, I saw it necessary for the battalion's continued success/growth. Along with that came not a “mandate” but a heavy suggestion to move away from the ability to fail someone during a tryout to instead train the trainee to understand and learn from their mistakes and allow them to develop their skills in RP or Combat after being taught the basics instead of giving up on them. 

Now onto a subject that I am proud of and hope to recreate on a larger scale. The Golden Age of the tracker branch within CG was the best the branch had ever been. Organization of documentation, Numbers of people joining and Quality of players joining was at an all-time high. We had all of our possible spots filled and our roster was full to the point we had to make a “Waiting for tryout” document and even then, we were banned from doing any more recruiting/advertising. I made sure that our officers were on document upkeep duty and Massiff training duty as much as possible. Our numbers made up a little more than 32% of CG at the time which is an incredible number.

Shortly after that I was promoted to the SPEC overseer position where I remained until I resigned because of the duel of Ren vs Noodles, and I felt like I had done so much for the battalion that I was comfortable with the impact I had made. 

I have been in CG many times but each time my focus is on how I as an individual can improve the battalion in any way I can. Weather that's being Intel, IRO, branch officer, officer, SPEC Overseer or offering my help with anything or to anyone. My goals are not motivated by rank or anything of the sort I'm motivated by results.

CG

2022 CSM-CPT

So far as CPT in CG I along with a couple officers in CG such as Opa, Rhino and Deathtiger have been able to do some really great work in changing CG policies to catch us up with the rest of the server via battalion suggestions and officer meeting votes. This put important changes in such as reinstating our enlisted timeframe of how long a person has to reach SGT which before this was not a thing we had in place for a year or 2 now. (When enlisted time requirements were a thing it was 15 days and now it's 20) With that we hope that it will encourage enlisted members to join the branch and get to know synergy as a community. 

Currently we’ve seen an uptick in people applying for intel which is our most lacking area in CG and we've seen an uptick in people applying for Interrogation leads and officers. We also currently have a suggestion in the pipeline that would change the time someone spends as WO from 30 days down to 1-2 weeks.  

These changes are the doing of just a couple officers having an opportunity to be BCMD and help implement future changes even better is something I'm incredibly excited for.  

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: 

Because the drive and dedication I have to make this battalion better and more consistent is bigger than ever and I have the ability to do a LOT of documentation work on my own without wasting people's time on little things like that so they can focus on larger tasks. Things that I can change if BCMD is listed below. 

Officer/HC Quality. 

I also have a high standard of what an officer/HC should be in a battalion and I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty and removing people who are not up to the standard of: Activity, Responsibility and doing your job and doing it well. If an officer is inactive or isn't doing their officer duty of making sure the battalion has things to do such as training and handling lower severity problems responsibly then they are taking up a spot of someone who CAN uphold the officer responsibilities. 

Improve Enlisted/NCO to player interaction quality. 

With the high standards all across the officer corps from Junior all the way up to HC I also have standards of my Enlisted, NCOs and SNCOS. These are the people that YOU interact with regularly and no one wants to have a bad experience with people who are supposed to be upholding the rules of the server. However, people blur the lines between CG doing their job and standing their ground to them “Just being jerks” That's where I want our officers to step in and diffuse situations like that like they are supposed to and explain to others if our people were in the right or in the wrong. 

Organization and “Roadmap” Like mentality. 

I'm not like other battalion commanders who promise something just to go to sleep and forget about it the next day like it never happened. I keep a detailed list for myself on things I have to do by the end of each week and if I don't get it done then it becomes a major priority for myself and my HC around me. I'm also going to be straight with all of you reading this now Not everything wrong with CG might not be fixed over 1 term, but many things will be fixed and improved over my first term. There will also be NO promises of any new systems implemented into CG or any “Bloat promises.” Our focus will be to fix and improve what we already have. I enjoy taking outsider perspectives on the battalion because WE interact with YOU and your input matters. 

I'm not a fan of dismantling/reworking parts of the battalion just to throw some small, complicated crap into the mix. Dismantling to me is just closing down a major highway for a month just to fill 1 pothole. It makes the battalion more complicated and adds unnecessary clutter to CGs already big list of issues. Most issues pertaining to Specializations or intel team are because of leadership problems and people not innovating to make things interesting and attract new people that can be fixed with improved vetting processes and more oversight into those areas. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion?: Yes

Availability: I just started a new job so my hours vary however I'm still very reachable on discord when i'm away. My hours can vary but I will be on every day for at least 3 hours.  

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 4 years  

Do you have a microphone?: Yes 

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?: 

Start hosting regular IR trainings

Currently CG does not host any IR training regularly unless people NEED it or people ask for it. At this current moment we have multiple people going for IR leadership positions. Whoever ends up getting the positions they applied for will be requiring a bigger emphasis on hosting 1-2 trainings a day for the server. I'll also be instructing the IRL and IRO’s to go over the IR document and update it as needed. 

Documentation Organization and Upkeep. 

Organization of our documents and more importantly keeping them up to date has always been a nagging issue with CG. Now more than ever documents are not kept track of or just simply have gone into disarray Broken code on the roster that even though was reported is still broken. I will personally be updating all Documents myself and seeking assistance with roster coding from trusted individuals. Making documents seamless and in one place for all to find easily and instill confidence that all documents will be updated, and rosters are kept up to date. How will I achieve this? Well, it’ll be brought up and gone over in EVERY officer meeting every week. We will all sit down and comb over all documents and update information IF needed. This will also be conveyed to all people in the battalion via discord ping and labeled as “Document Updates.” 

Removal of tryout failure in all regiments (excluding DS and ARC) 

With CG’s current issue with attracting new members into branches I'm going to be proposing an aggressive stance of making only one requirement for promotions and that is that all enlisted members must be in a regiment before they can be promoted any higher. However, this would exclude senior officers if they chose to be just a CG officer trooper. This will not be liked by many but it's a necessary aggressive step to fill up regiments. Something has to change. This along with the removal of failing will hopefully produce a more active and fuller CG regimental environment. 

However, let me be clear that we will be training each new trooper to improve in their abilities and help them understand where they went wrong and help them fix it. This will hopefully increase our retention of players. Situations in where a person gets into CG pass the battalion tryout and starts to show disrespectful/mingy tendencies trainers will be allowed to fail an individual and they will be dealt with by the officer corps. 

Discord Clutter reduction/Revival of CG website. 

Unnecessary clutter of any kind is really annoying and can be overwhelming to new players. My plans are to remove all of our links posted in the discord under our trooper information tab and NCO information tab Excluding all sensitive forms/documents. My plan is to take all 8! Links and post them all on a revamped neglected CG website that Xaze made for us awhile back. 

A one stop shop for all CG to find documents they may need to do their work as CG. No clutter. No confusion. Just one link that shows you everything. As well as shows people in a regiment essential info on all regiments such as Body grouper rules or just an in-depth guide of what each regiment does. 

New emphasis on Officer activity 

I'll be placing a new stronger emphasis on activity for officers. No there will not be any forms or BS like that but just evaluating each Senior officer and junior Officer with my XO (Whoever it may be) after each officer meeting. We will also be talking to Enlisted, NCO and SNCOs to get a wider perspective on who is on and interacting with the battalion in a positive manner and who is not. If we find an officer who has not been holding training or giving our players something to do so that they stay longer and overall, not been engaging with the battalion they will be given 48 hours to respond to myself or my XO. They must provide a valid reason to why they haven't been upholding their officer standards if the reason is valid they will be given a base 1 week LOA (May vary depending on situation) and if their situation has not cleared up by no fault of their own they will be given an indefinite LOA with regular updates to myself required to stay there. Current Officers will be looked at as we move along, and decisions will be made when necessary. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes

Edited by Arizona
moved something down
  • Winner 1

-1, There’s a few issues I have. Normally I don’t vote on possibly controversial applications (because I’m a pussy) but, there were situations involving CG under you as CMD that I was left to oversee during my time as MCMD that most people (I believe) don’t know about. That situation was poorly handled by CG high command on multiple fronts, leaving me with a poor taste on how your “term” as CMD went.  (I know that it wasn’t directly your fault, but being apart of it/not doing much about it didn’t paint you in a good light.)

Moving past that situation, as I don’t believe 1 situation identifies someone. Along with that, I believe your plans are extremely underwhelming. CG needs an incredible amount of work, and majority of your plans that you highlighted are basic BCMD duty. Such as upkeep of docs, and discord clutter… and the CG website? Honestly a website for a battalion seems really useless but that’s not the point. As for the rest of your plans, none of them strike me as “battalion-changing.” CG needs activity, it needs representation, and the plans I’ve seen doesn’t work towards either of those things. I do believe CG needs a Fox, but not at the cost of putting someone who may not know what the battalion needs. 

I do like you Arizona, but I don’t enjoy your leadership style. It’s nothing against you personally. It’s just a big red flag seeing that majority of your application is just your experience, and not your plans. Both of us can also agree that CG’s public relations aren’t amazing with other battalions, yet that’s also not even talked about. (Besides simply saying “Oh, my officers will step in and help”) There are issues within CG that it seems like you’re not even aware of. But I digress.

this is simply someone from the outside looking in, I can be wrong. But from what I’ve seen looking through the window of CG, it isn’t doing great. I think you need to really take a long look at the battalion as it is right now, and understand where it is vs. where it needs to be. Some of your plans are decent, enlisted/nco player interaction is an okay plan, same with officer/HC quality. (although I’d sure hope that if they were promoted to anything about 2ndLT, they’d be quality troopers already. But maybe I just have high standards)

if you take anything from this, it’s mainly to inform and give your constructive criticism. At the end of the day, I wish you the best of luck with both the application and the interview if you make it to the interview, I think you’ll do okay if you do get the position. I just wanted to highlight some of the things I see that’s wrong with this application and past experiences. Good luck Arizona, I hope you take this criticism well as it’s not intended to offend.

• Informative 4

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

2 minutes ago, Deku said:

-1, There’s a few issues I have. Normally I don’t vote on possibly controversial applications (because I’m a pussy) but, there were situations involving CG under you as CMD that I was left to oversee during my time as MCMD that most people (I believe) don’t know about. That situation was poorly handled by CG high command on multiple fronts, leaving me with a poor taste on how your “term” as CMD went.  (I know that it wasn’t directly your fault, but being apart of it/not doing much about it didn’t paint you in a good light.)

Moving past that situation, as I don’t believe 1 situation identifies someone. Along with that, I believe your plans are extremely underwhelming. CG needs an incredible amount of work, and majority of your plans that you highlighted are basic BCMD duty. Such as upkeep of docs, and discord clutter… and the CG website? Honestly a website for a battalion seems really useless but that’s not the point. As for the rest of your plans, none of them strike me as “battalion-changing.” CG needs activity, it needs representation, and the plans I’ve seen doesn’t work towards either of those things. I do believe CG needs a Fox, but not at the cost of putting someone who may not know what the battalion needs. 

I do like you Arizona, but I don’t enjoy your leadership style. It’s nothing against you personally. It’s just a big red flag seeing that majority of your application is just your experience, and not your plans. Both of us can also agree that CG’s public relations aren’t amazing with other battalions, yet that’s also not even talked about. There are issues within CG that it seems like you’re not even aware of. But I digress.

this is simply someone from the outside looking in, I can be wrong. But from what I’ve seen looking through the window of CG, it isn’t doing great. I think you need to really take a long look at the battalion as it is right now, and understand where it is vs. where it needs to be. Some of your plans are decent, enlisted/nco player interaction is an okay plan, same with officer/HC quality. (although I’d sure hope that if they were promoted to anything about 2ndLT, they’d be quality troopers already. But maybe I just have high standards)

if you take anything from this, it’s mainly to inform and give your constructive criticism. At the end of the day, I wish you the best of luck with both the application and the interview if you make it to the interview, I think you’ll do okay if you do get the position. I just wanted to highlight some of the things I see that’s wrong with this application and past experiences. Good luck Arizona, I hope you take this criticism well as it’s not intended to offend.

I understand your concerns and I did also leave a message in your DMs if you had any concerns or questions to let me know but you never responded. I wouldve been able to answer your questions entirely then Aswell. 

However, during my time as CMD I wasn't able to do anything major as i wanted to as my time as CMD. I was in the position where my fox was MIA and there were multiple issues with people refusing to listen to CG HC in general at the time. I did my best with the drama surrounding CG and with also not being able to do what most CMDs in other battalions were allowed to do. When Odric (fox) at the time left on an LOA i was told to go by the book and in doing so caused issues because others didn't want to do the same. 

Being the CMD at that time where everyone wanted to their own thing and even Ren had trouble and he was the XO that assisted me. It wasnt a great time im not denying that but that was over a year ago and the people in CG have changed and so have I. 

I do not have a lot of plans here your correct however that's not what im running on. Im trying to run on me pacing myself and the battalion im not gonna sit here and promise everything under the sun because that takes away from me and my officers doing a GOOD JOB and making quality changes that stick. 

I am sorry if my application is lacking big ideas but i feel and so does my battalion, that my ideas get the core problems solved. I also would love to hear back from you in discord DMs if you have more questions like this because i tried my best to get everyone's feedback or at least some response in advance. 

• Informative 1
1 minute ago, Arizona said:

I understand your concerns and I did also leave a message in your DMs if you had any concerns or questions to let me know but you never responded. I wouldve been able to answer your questions entirely then Aswell. 

However, during my time as CMD I wasn't able to do anything major as i wanted to as my time as CMD. I was in the position where my fox was MIA and there were multiple issues with people refusing to listen to CG HC in general at the time. I did my best with the drama surrounding CG and with also not being able to do what most CMDs in other battalions were allowed to do. When Odric (fox) at the time left on an LOA i was told to go by the book and in doing so caused issues because others didn't want to do the same. 

Being the CMD at that time where everyone wanted to their own thing and even Ren had trouble and he was the XO that assisted me. It wasnt a great time im not denying that but that was over a year ago and the people in CG have changed and so have I. 

I do not have a lot of plans here your correct however that's not what im running on. Im trying to run on me pacing myself and the battalion im not gonna sit here and promise everything under the sun because that takes away from me and my officers doing a GOOD JOB and making quality changes that stick. 

I am sorry if my application is lacking big ideas but i feel and so does my battalion, that my ideas get the core problems solved. I also would love to hear back from you in discord DMs if you have more questions like this because i tried my best to get everyone's feedback or at least some response in advance. 

Pacing is important. Some previous Fox's run on big ideas that they need to bring something new and big to the table just to get accepted. Im just here to fix whats wrong right now and also fix anything else that comes up in the 3 months. These plans are here and designed to be put in place fast and give us enough time to implement them with logic and carefulness. 

Too many people just want to get whatever done but never take the time to weave it into their battalions and make sure it sticks. Thats what im trying to do here. 

• Agree 1

Arizona,  I have to ask this:

Why the fuck does CG have a website?

Please forgive me for this,  but please explain as someone out of loop why this is important for CG that couldn't be done in some document on google sheet with a link within discord? 

• Friendly 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

12 minutes ago, Zensras said:

Arizona,  I have to ask this:

Why the fuck does CG have a website?

Please forgive me for this,  but please explain as someone out of loop why this is important for CG that couldn't be done in some document on google sheet with a link within discord? 

Hahaha we get that a lot its a google site and a really good 1 stop shop for everyone to go and find out detailed info on all our sub units. For example: We could have all these google docs that outline body groupers and have all specializations hold onto their own docs about things that they tell people about their regiments. As hard as we all try its kinda a pain in the ass to search through google drive and find documents and stuff to give to people. But with a website in the discord its one link you click it and boom EVERYTHING from regiment info to essential Synergy docs and CG docs are right there under the Documents tab. 

When the website is working and ready we will be deleting the discord info tabs and replacing 3 channels with 1 link that can have all the necessary info right there for you. 

5 minutes ago, Arizona said:

Hahaha its a google site and its a really good 1 stop shop for everyone to go and find out detailed info on all our sub units. For example: We could have all these google docs that outline body groupers and have all specializations hold onto their own docs about things that they tell people about their regiments. As hard as we all try its kinda a pain in the ass to search through google drive and find documents and stuff to give to people. But with a website in the discord its one link you click it and boom EVERYTHING from regiment info to essential Synergy docs and CG docs are right there under the Documents tab. 

When the website is working and ready we will be deleting the discord info tabs and replacing 3 channels with 1 link that can have all the necessary info right there for you. 

Consolidating info into one easy access place for everyone. And its nice looking and appealing. 

Edited by Arizona
Veteran Admin

Arizona is a very capable leader and one of the very few officers in CG right now taking initiative and wanting to help the battalion. I have known Arizona for several years and he knows what CG should and shouldn't look like, Wish you best of luck.

+1

• Friendly 1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

I've always had pretty good interactions with you. I got a single question

If you got BCMD would you attempt to mend the ties between TG and CG? (no offense meant here) As all of TG Leadership is ready to do so, but CG is a little hard headed haha

Other than that big +1 from me, 

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

11 minutes ago, Mystic said:

I've always had pretty good interactions with you. I got a single question

If you got BCMD would you attempt to mend the ties between TG and CG? (no offense meant here) As all of TG Leadership is ready to do so, but CG is a little hard headed haha

Other than that big +1 from me, 

Haven’t had much interactions with TG personally and I don’t have all the info about what’s wrong but I’m always interested and ready to fix any issues between us and TG. 

Please DM me more about that situation so I can become more familiar :D

+1 I have served most my time in CG with Arizona and everytime I have been in CG with him he has done a great job. I have been talking with Arizona for the past few weeks and I like what he is talking about doing with the batt.

Edited by Deathtiger
  • Friendly 1

DEUS VULT

The Wannabe's Corner | qipaos: Knightfall trailer aesthetics (x) ...

14 hours ago, chysk0 said:

+1

i would like to see that website actually used. was fun making it. 

wants things to change, i want to be a witness

but please:

don't use company system. 

on second thought: let's race for ^^

The company system is dead it ain’t ever coming back I’ll tell u that right now so don’t worry (:

• Agree 1

+1

CG is in a rough spot right now. We need a smooth transition to someone who's ready to take on the role and make the necessary changes and improvements to the battalion. We need a comeback and I think that you're gonna bring exactly that to the table. 

• Friendly 1

Ex - Minge, Commander Fox, 14th RCMD

spacer.png

Well written application, and has some clear ideas as to where he wants CG to be within his term. I'm not too sold on the removal of tryout failures for regiments, but at the same time I trust that as a CG officer in that battalion already he knows and has a clear idea as to what is needed. If he says its needed, I'm inclined to agree.

+1

• Friendly 1

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING