Fyi's Resignation

This is a resignation from all positions on the server currently.

317 days. That's how long I've been Director.

668 days. That's how long I've been staff.

1310 days. That's how long I've been on this server.

It really puts into perspective how long I've actually been here for, but reading it makes me remember how much fun this server has been for me.

Like a lot of people, when I first joined this server with a few friends, I had no intention of staying long term. It was supposed to be a bit of light-hearted minging to keep us occupied for the day. All my other friends left, me and @Finn stayed.

I've been all manner of positions on the server, from Marshal Commander to Admiral to Sith Lord to Director. All of those position molded me into the leader that I am today. But finally, that capacity has run out.

It really sucks, too. I care about this community to the moon and back, but I just can't bring myself to come onto the server for any sort of enjoyment anymore. Everything has become.... stale for me. When you've done just about everything and achieved (almost) everything you wanted to acheive, it becomes really difficult to find more reasons to come on every day. The main thing that kept me coming back is the people, the community. That's what makes Synergy strong. To me, the Star Wars RP aspect of it is an afterthought. YOU guys are the heart of Synergy, and even if some of you like to push my buttons and we butt heads every so often, I've made countless friends doing so.

I'm really excited in the direction the server is going. The development team, the current leadership team, founders, everyone does a fantastic job. The leadership in the server is some of the strongest I've ever seen it in terms of individual strength. Every team has short comings in some regard and our respective teams are no different, but they make up for it with consistent hard work and dedication.

It wouldn't be much of a farewell if I didn't @ some people, but if your name isn't mentioned, it's not because I dislike you. There's a lot of people that have made an impact on me, but these are the biggest ones.

@AgentYou were Boss when I was Fixer, and encouraged me to apply for my first applicable position on the server. Even if people don't hold either of our Boss terms in very high regard, you were still a person that was a constant leader in many manners of the server when I was getting my legs, and I thank you for that.

@justuscloud5 People who know me know that I speak very highly of my time as a Sith lord. The main reason for that was the people that put their all into making Sith a great experience for those willing to put some time into it. You had the same vision of Sith as I did. It sucks that the rug was pulled out from underneath us, but the time Sith was on the server were probably the most fun times I've had.

@Jagger Dunno if you ever check the forums, but you're the first Cody that I ever truly respected. You hard work and dedication to 212th earned you so many accolades and the respect of the entire battalion.

@Alien Putting aside our friendship now, you were Cody when I reached the rank of XO. It was the highest rank I had achieved at the time, so thanks for putting some trust in me to help better 212th. But you fucking suck at League, holy shit.

@Smeck @Teaa Hunter and Wrecker during my time as Tech in SOBDE, respectfully. Even if you both resigned at the same time leaving me to fend for myself in Bad Batch, you both still made SOBDE fun for me. People wonder why I hold my time in SOBDE so fondly, and Bad Batch was definitely one of the reasons for that.

@Pythin You love to remind me how much you hated me applying for SOBDE Regimental after you got removed from it, but without it, I probably wouldn't be near the leader I am today. You have done so much for the community, don't let anyone tell you different. Without Pythin, the community is just a bit more dull.

@NobleHeoruwulf You were Marshal during my SOBDE Regimental term, and also gave your blessing for me to apply for Marshal after you finished your term. For the people who didn't have the opportunity to work with you during that time, I will say that it was a breath of fresh air. Thanks for making my time as a regimental a smooth one.

@Crimson You were Palpatine during my time as Marshal Commander, and man, the decision you made was like a forked path for me. If you didn't give me the opportunity to become Marshal Commander, I don't know how different my Synergy career would've turned out. We've become great friends because of that, and also being a previous Director, you know why I'm resigning more than anyone.

@Brace The craziest man on the server, was Yularen for 4 TERMS and was still a damn good leader. Unfortunately, you were on the decline when I joined Navy, but I got some good time in to make some good changes to Navy. I wish I could've caught you earlier on, I think Navy would've been better off.

@Finn I don't have to mention you, but I will. Thanks for sticking with me on this weird tangent for 4 years. Those other clowns in our friend group didn't bother sticking around, and it's good to have someone I can talk to without any fear that they're going to blab immediately.

@Ratio@Baron@Bro@Bananaberry@Scarecrow @Snadvich The Leven boys, I'll have a bit more time on my hands now that I won't have Synergy taking up a lot of it. I'll try to make more game nights and stuff, I promise.

@Maddoxx Congrats on Management, it sucks that I didn't get it but I think the community is better off for it. Working with you as a Director was a treat, I'm happy that I had someone I could rely on. No hard feelings.

@Luther @Moose @Gaster If you asked at the start of Synergy who my best friends would be I would not have said any of you. I'm glad we've gotten to know each other better. League of Gays will not stop here.

@Churro @Onyankonpon @Ori-nament The others have already been mentioned, but I'm really proud of our DnD group getting as far as it has. I'm always excited for Sunday evenings. Ozzie's story hasn't even come close to ending yet.

@Forseen My relationship with you early on taught me that the Founders are nothing to be scared of. Especially when I can kick their ass at Smite. I hope your teaching stuff goes well, but try to put a bit more time into Synergy. The people wanna see it.

Again, if you weren't mentioned, it's probably because I forgot. There's literally dozens of people who have made a drastic impact on me, and it's tough racking my brain to find which ones are worth mentioning.

So that's it. I'm not gonna sit here and blow smoke up everyone's ass and say that I'm not coming back. I probably will, to be honest. But this is the first time since 2018 that I am taking a break longer than 2 weeks. It's been a wild ride.

o7

• Friendly 12
  • Pay Respect 3

hi.

Enjoy retirement, man. Have great memories with you from SOBDE times and while we had our ups and downs, you certainly got far and that's very commendable. Thank you for your service, hope to see you around at those game nights!

• Friendly 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

14 minutes ago, Fyi said:

Again, if you weren't mentioned, it's probably because I forgot.

yeah but i was forgotten about...

:PepeHands:

thank you for all the things you've done for this community and i'm glad you're one of my friends.

• Friendly 1

Forum Admin

:pepeSalute:
Was great interacting with you throughout your time and career on the server. I appreciate everything you've done for the server.

• Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

1 minute ago, Bbstine said:

yeah but i was forgotten about...

:PepeHands:

thank you for all the things you've done for this community and i'm glad you're one of my friends.

I knew I was forgetting someone. I definitely would've mentioned you, but I was a bit emotional during the end portion. Thanks for being one of my best friends on the server, I look forward to meeting you and Kenzie :)

hi.

Take it easy bro, and enjoy retirement. Sad to see you go (and no @??) but I know it’s what you want/need. Best of luck with everything in the future, I hope you stick around and visit every now and again. :peeposalute:

• Friendly 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

• Coordinator
Coordinator

o7, it was fun working with you!

• Friendly 1

o7

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

o7. I always loved the small random actions around the map when you were on. Even if we barely knew one another you and Maddoxx were the only Directors i knew and it's going to feel hella wrong not seeing you in that position. I am positive the community is beyond thankful for everything you've done. Wish i could've gotten to know you better. May you succeed and enjoy whatever you do in life next.

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

I expressed my sadness during our small conversation in Teamspeak.

However, it will not be the same without you in Rancor and in the community. I remember working my way through the staff team a little under a year ago and you were a great role-model and person to speak to, especially when it came to staff. I always had the notion from time to time, that you were hard-headed yet it was evident and always be evident that you genuinely cared about the community which is something that I will always respect about you. 

When it came to Rancor, while short, you provided valuable insight throughout my first officer meeting and clearly when burned out, still contributed to the best of your abilities. A great officer, a great director and a great mentor. Thank you Fyi.

Edited by Void
  • Friendly 1

Fyi you like pie, you were a true legend, when we were in sith, I was planning on putting you on the council, idk if I ever told you that, but it was going to happen. Shit got pulled from us but we still had a great time.

You dropped this king 👑

Edited by justuscloud5
  • Friendly 1

fyi, when I read this I remembered coming back last year and you still being around, After I had already left and come back several times. It’s crazy how much you’ve achieved and how hard working and genuinely nice of a guy you are. It was fun when I got to help with your events and stuff back in the day, and times like that are what really pull at me to come back to the server. It sucks that you’re gone now and I feel like a lot of the times from that period of the server are also over but I hope you have fun in life. GL out there man. 

• Friendly 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Retired Founder
6 hours ago, Fyi said:

@Forseen My relationship with you early on taught me that the Founders are nothing to be scared of. Especially when I can kick their ass at Smite. I hope your teaching stuff goes well, but try to put a bit more time into Synergy. The people wanna see it.

The only resignation I've actually replied to in a long, long time.

The times shared with you mucking around are some of my fondest of memories of the people in the community, ranging from times on server, off server and the arguments we had about the smallest insignificant things that we were both too stubborn to agree when the other person was right lol.

I hope you don't become a stranger man, keep in touch so you can keep kicking my ass in smite and teach me how to be better.

:peepoLove:

• Friendly 1
  • 3 weeks later...