WILTOS MEGA ADDON

Dono

Name: Dono

RP Rank: knight

Suggestion: add this epic sauce wiltos addon that changes EVERYTHING

This addon actually makes lightsaber combat feel amazing. on top of it... its still wiltos!

Implementation: make sure it doesnt break everything then add it

Lore: jedi fight 

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2837856621&searchtext=
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require  Development")

Edited by Dono
  • Disagree 1
  • Pay Respect 1

spacer.png

Looks cool, but seems like its lacking the customizability that makes WiltOS so cool imo. Plus with a overhaul coming to WiltOS i think i'd like to wait and see whats in store. -1

• Informative 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Huge -1

Does not seem suitable for implementation in an RP server despite seeming cool for just dicking around in a locally hosted game with some friends, as is seen in all the videos here.

Less abilities, hilts, stances, crystals: Having to port over tons of these to make this not a massive downgrade over the current system would be a massive pain in the ass. And it's not like this could just be skipped, as people would need to retain access to the items that they purchased with lots of money on the store.

No pre-made sabers: There is no way to give someone a pre-made saber (such as Trial Master) to be used for trials and such this is not good. You'd have to give people items that you can't really be sure that they got rid of after, since it'd just stay in their inventory permanently unless you verify that they drop it then remover tool it. It'd be really easy for people to get away with staff abuse where they give someone free hilts or crystals.

No item spawning for crystals or hilts: There would need to be a system developed to provide crystal and hilt drops unless you just want to provide all of the basic ones by default, which would be kind of lame for youngling initiation.

Incompatible: There are reports of this addon not working with deflections against some different NPC weapons which would need to be tested against every NPC weapon we currently have, and with how new it is I'm sure there are plenty of other bugs regarding compatibility with Synergy's addons. 

Permissions issues: There's also the fact that this requires permissions to spawn SWEPs to be given in order to be able to create a saber from your items, which would have to be tested with Synergy's restriction system to see if it would be possible to only give access to spawn these sabers.

f44ba7f06914ec59d6dbad39ac780a5e.png

Lack of progression: There is also no real progression system implemented via skill points, where people could get more abilities as they go. This would have to be custom developed. 

There is no saving of the inventory when a user disconnects: I created a local server via the Dedicated Server script, joined, gave myself stuff, and when I reconnected all of it was gone. A way to keep these items would have to be custom developed.

You do not spawn with the saber equipped: You have to enter the menu each time to equip it. This might be able to be worked around with a command though. There is also no current way to make it so you couldn't just have clones giving themselves their saber to mess around with while on their clone life, the menu is always there.

This could be cool in the future with significant development, but in these early stages of the addon it really is by no means comparable to the depth that WiltOS sabers offers.

Edited by Shrimp
highlight key points why this is bad
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

22 hours ago, Keegan said:

Huge -1

Does not seem suitable for implementation in an RP server despite seeming cool for just dicking around in a locally hosted game with some friends, as is seen in all the videos here.

Less abilities, hilts, stances, crystals: Having to port over tons of these to make this not a massive downgrade over the current system would be a massive pain in the ass. And it's not like this could just be skipped, as people would need to retain access to the items that they purchased with lots of money on the store.

No pre-made sabers: There is no way to give someone a pre-made saber (such as Trial Master) to be used for trials and such this is not good. You'd have to give people items that you can't really be sure that they got rid of after, since it'd just stay in their inventory permanently unless you verify that they drop it then remover tool it. It'd be really easy for people to get away with staff abuse where they give someone free hilts or crystals.

No item spawning for crystals or hilts: There would need to be a system developed to provide crystal and hilt drops unless you just want to provide all of the basic ones by default, which would be kind of lame for youngling initiation.

Incompatible: There are reports of this addon not working with deflections against some different NPC weapons which would need to be tested against every NPC weapon we currently have, and with how new it is I'm sure there are plenty of other bugs regarding compatibility with Synergy's addons. 

Permissions issues: There's also the fact that this requires permissions to spawn SWEPs to be given in order to be able to create a saber from your items, which would have to be tested with Synergy's restriction system to see if it would be possible to only give access to spawn these sabers.

f44ba7f06914ec59d6dbad39ac780a5e.png

Lack of progression: There is also no real progression system implemented via skill points, where people could get more abilities as they go. This would have to be custom developed. 

There is no saving of the inventory when a user disconnects: I created a local server via the Dedicated Server script, joined, gave myself stuff, and when I reconnected all of it was gone. A way to keep these items would have to be custom developed.

You do not spawn with the saber equipped: You have to enter the menu each time to equip it. This might be able to be worked around with a command though. There is also no current way to make it so you couldn't just have clones giving themselves their saber to mess around with while on their clone life, the menu is always there.

This could be cool in the future with significant development, but in these early stages of the addon it really is by no means comparable to the depth that WiltOS sabers offers.

Thank you, you just answered for me :)

• Friendly 1

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this

Forum Admin

Yeesh

I was super excited to see this combat system, but knowing its limitations, it seems like it wouldn't be worth it.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.