Lovestruck's Bacara Application [WAIVED]

GregRocks

Waived by Directors (One week short of requirements)

Steam Name: Lovestruck | Synr.gg

RP Name: GM DD MEDL MAJ Lovestruck, Jar Jar Binks

RP Rank: Major, Senator

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:180469543

Battalion you are applying for:
Galactic Marines

Experience:

Ki-Adi-Mundi / GM Jedi Lead

Originally, in the Galactic Marines, I served as the Jedi General Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Jedi Lead. This is not only where my love for the battalion sparked, but where I learned what it truly means to be a part of a battalion. In this position, I learned that everything I do and say not only reflects me as a Jedi, but reflects the battalion as a whole. In this position I maintained the Jedi regiment in Galactic Marines, and remade the tryouts and rank equivalencies for Jedi. Being Ki-Adi-Mundi taught me a lot about being a mascot for a battalion, and taught me how to hold myself in a way that makes the battalion look serious, capable and respectable.

Galactic Marines 2LT - MAJ

Currently, I am a clone Captain in the Galactic Marines. This is the first time I have ever focused on my clone, and I have built up a standing and reputation as an officer in the battalion. This position is where I learned how to roleplay and behave as a clone officer, as opposed to a Jedi. In this position, I was able to refine my skills as a leader, and shape them to transfer over to battalion leadership on the clone side. This position has been one of my favorites, and in this position I have been able to lead events, host trainings, and help give the Galactic Marines a good image during their rebirth. I have also been able to bring a sense of teamwork and camaraderie into the Galactic Marines, and I believe as Battalion Commander Bacara, I can only continue to do this on a larger scale.

104th Wolfpack Jedi 2LT - 1LT

While Galactic Marines was where my skills as an officer were truly refined into what they are today, my first experience as an officer was in the 104th. As a 104th Jedi, I was put into my first position of command in a battalion. This is where I learned to lead events, trainings, and establish a strategy for effectively commanding a group of individuals. I later became Wolfpack, where I assisted and lead negotiations, and helped lead the Wolfpack on smaller missions, as well as learning to build bonds with the people around me, and build a foundation of trust so we can all work together better.

Jedi Master - Overseer

As it stands, most of my leadership experience on Synergy comes from the Jedi Order. When I joined Synergy, Jedi was immediately my focus, and quickly became my main. In the Order I became the Consular Lead, where I got my first taste of leadership and responsibility. During this time, my work was recognized, and the council voted to promote me to Jedi Master. From that point on, I served directly as a leader for the entirety of Jedi, handling passive roleplay, promotions, discipline and overall was a role model for the rest of the Jedi. Eventually I became the Consular Master, as well as A’Sharad Hett, Jocasta Nu and Ki-Adi Mundi. I was later promoted to Jedi Order Overseer/Chief Instructor, a Jedi High Command position. In this position I revamped old docs, such as the Padawan Handbook and trials, made the Temple Guard section on the Knight Trials, held votes, and made plenty other significant changes that will stay with the Jedi Order forever. Overall, being Jedi Master, and then Jedi High Command is where I acquired my skills as a leader, and it is the base line for all of my other experience on Synergy. I have since then resigned from the position due to burnout, but my time there was some of the best, and it will stick with me for all of my time on Synergy.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I suppose this is the big question, isn’t it? Originally when I joined the Galactic Marines, I joined after the 21st was disbanded and replaced with the Galactic Marines by the High Command, a change which was largely controversial, and one which I personally disagreed with at the time. I joined the Galactic Marines because it was the battalion that needed the most assistance, and I wanted to help get it on it’s feet like I did with the 104th. However, since then, I have grown a deep connection with the battalion, and I couldn't leave it if I wanted to. Under the emergency leadership of Mazen (Bacta), the battalion has reached limits higher than it has ever seen. It is one of my favorite places to be, and one of the biggest reasons why every day I return to Synergy.

I should be the Galactic Marines Battalion Commander because I have a deep care, and an uncontrollable passion for the battalion. As Ki-Adi-Mundi, I have been able to reform the Jedi regiment in the battalion, and help the Galactic Marines grow, not just in numbers, but in teamwork, friendship and moral as well. As Battalion Commander Bacara, I could take this work to a new level. I know that I could take Galactic Marines to heights it has never been to, and heights that the 21st Nova Corp would have been proud to see. I know that I would give it my all, and be the best Battalion Commander Bacara I could be, and I could break records for the battalion, not just as a Commander, but as the first ever Commander Bacara of the Galactic Marines. Under my leadership, with my care and raw dedication, the Galactic Marines will thrive, and will be larger and healthier than it has ever been, before or after the big change.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion?:

Yes, I do.

Availability:

Mon-Fri

4PM - 9:30PM EST

Sat-Sun

9:30AM - 9:30PM

Contactable on Discord at any time.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

I’ve played on Synergy for around early February, so I have been an active member of the community for around 6 months now.
I have 460+ hours in game.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, I do.

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?:

Recruitment:

Currently, under the leadership of Commander Bacta, the battalion is doing very well. The officers and NCOs are all very active, promotions are reasonable and balanced, and there is a large and active Galactic Marine presence in game and on Team Speak. In my term, I want to not only continue this, but progress it even further. The biggest way I want to do this is by increasing the recruitment in the battalion. Currently, the NCOs and the Officers are very active, but the Enlisted core is the future of the battalion. I want to focus on growing the Enlisted force as much as we possibly can. I plan on heavily pushing not only the NCOs, but the officers to start taking a very active role in making tryouts readily available, as well as interacting with the other new players as much as possible and reasonable. I want to make the Galactic Marines a welcoming and friendly presence for the new players. With a vastly growing Enlisted core, the future of the Galactic Marines will be set, when I and many other of the current Galactic Marines are gone. New players are the future, and I plan to push recruitment as an absolute necessity. Currently, I push heavily for recruitment within the NCOs and in game. No one is above recruitment, not even battalion command.

How:

Ensure all NCO+ have the bind, check to make sure people are getting recruited, utilize the logging for standing outside of bunks pasting the bind, as well as pushing all NCO+ to heavily focus recruiting

NCOs:

I want to have the NCOs be prioritized more in leading events, trainings and patrols, as well as focus on having them host more.. Currently, the Officer core is the main force leading events, but with the growing NCO core, it is important they get this experience in leadership, to prepare them to be future officers. NCOs are not just the main recruiting force, but should be the main source for the future leadership of the battalion, and it is important to have them trained as well as possible. With a new Battalion, such as the Galactic Marines, it is important to not only build a strong officer core to keep the Battalion stable, but to set a strong foundation for the future so the battalion will live on past the beginning stages, and remain active once the ‘new battalion’ flame has died out, leaving the battalion to completely fend for itself. I have already been working hard on doing this, by including and prioritizing NCOs whenever I possibly can.

How:

Have officers start offering lead to NCOs first, ensure trainings are being hosted by NCOs, and reaching out to NCOs weekly via Discord for their thoughts.

Merits & Promotions:

There will NOT be a merit system for promotions.. I personally do not believe in merits being the basis for promotions, especially with a younger, growing battalion. I believe this not only leaves room for poorly trained and unready NCOs and Officers, but removes a lot of the personal involvement and observation of the High Command of the Battalion. I believe promotions should be based on observed work, as well as logged work, creating a much more personal battalion, where you aren’t held back by numbers, or unreadily pushed forward by them either. I DO however believe in a system where you HAVE to be a certain rank for X amount of time before promotion, and unless the battalion falls under hard times, I entirely intend to reinstate and enforce that guideline. This not only prevents unfair rapid promotion, but ensures each member truly has the time in the Battalion to have earned their rank.

How:

Self explanatory

Activities:

I want the Officer core to take a much more active role in hosting trainings and sims, as well as events if they are a GM, for the Battalion. I believe having a well regulated flow of activities to participate in game in with your fellow Marines is important for keeping players engaged in game, and building teamwork and camaraderie in the battalion, making it feel like a family. A brotherhood. I want the Galactic Marines to be a place where every member feels like they aren’t just wearing a suit of purple armor, but that they are truly a part of something. I believe that frequent yet quality activities will create this, alongside the naturally hosted events and deployments. I also believe it will stimulate interest in playing the game, because dull moments are what kills interest the most.

How:

I want to push heavily for people to host. I will also be hosting plenty myself, and reaching out to battalions to do joint activities.

Battalion outreach:

I want the Galactic Marines to work with every battalion, not limited to just Siege. Currently, it feels like regiment battalions usually stick with working within their regiment, or just keeping to themselves entirely. I want the Galactic Marines to have good relations with the other battalions, and I personally want to work on creating bridges with the high commands of all the other battalions, and doing joint comms, joint trainings, and working together on events. While this is something that already happens, it mainly only happens within regiments, and I want to expand that. I believe the Galactic Marines should have great relations with all battalions. With great relations, if any problems arise, then they can be dealt with more swiftly and reasonably, and not cause any real or long lasting damage.

How:

Reach out to the BCMDs of all of the battalions, and establish a relationship via conversation, events, activities, etc. Maybe even a little friendly competition ;)

Overall status and leadership

Bacta/Mazen did a fantastic job as the leader of the Galactic Marines during their rough period. He was active, competent, and led aggressively. He left the Marines inna fantastic spot, and I plan to lead similarly to the way he did, with only minor changes. I want to have a VERY active presence in game, and I want to be aggressive in the expansion of the Marines. I want to build a team, and I want to make the Marines feel like a home to all of it's members. As the Marines grows and stabilizes, things will need to adapt to compensate, and I will be able to make these changes too. With the help of the battalion, there is no challenge we can't overcome. I want to lead the Marines to be as strong as they could ever be.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes, I do.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

Yes, I do.

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

+1 I like you and feel you could possible lead this battalion. I know you did good on jedi so ehh why not give you the chance to apply now. I will say this though from the start I believe your whole goal was to get Bacara not to help out I beileve it was all for power. That ain’t necessarily bad though. 

You would do good though ik it plus you got the few SO to help if need be.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1
2 hours ago, meowthemeower said:

I will say this though from the start I believe your whole goal was to get Bacara not to help out I beileve it was all for power. That ain’t necessarily bad though. 

So as someone who has known lovestruck since the start. I can tell you right now that was not their intention. They genuinely listened to Mazen and Maddox to understand everything that was going on and at that point decided that GM was going to need help and went for Mundi. After that they learned they really do enjoy battalions and was just getting burnt out from jedi so swapped to a clone main.

• Informative 1

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

7 hours ago, meowthemeower said:

I will say this though from the start I believe your whole goal was to get Bacara not to help out I beileve it was all for power. That ain’t necessarily bad though. 

Thank you for your response. Like Squishy said, I originally went for Mundi because they needed the most help as a battalion, and I originally planned to dip once someone could take my place as Mundi. I ended up genuinely falling in love with the battalion. 

My original plan was to stay Jedi High Command (I was Jedi Order Overseer at the time, like Lyonaxis) and to apply for Yoda. If my goal was power, I wouldn't have resigned from Jedi to focus on the Galactic Marines.  Before Marines I had no care for battalions, as I'd hop around and help the ones who needed the most help for a month or two before dipping. Marines was originally just a stop along that train, but now it's my passion on Synergy and what keeps me coming back every day.

Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

-1, I unfortunately see very few leadership qualities currently in you and feel you are unlikely to ever push any of your positions. The reactionary move of only using TIG sets a bad precedent and is a sign of someone who doesn't get it, you're asking to create the most biased system.

I don't see you creating a good future GM, I expect it would lose a lot of steam if you won control.

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

42 minutes ago, Comics said:

The reactionary move of only using TIG sets a bad precedent and is a sign of someone who doesn't get it, you're asking to create the most biased system.

I'm not saying we use only TIG at all. I'm saying we use the system we are actually using now, where we closely observe how active they are, what they contribute, and use TIG as a basis. This is the best way to ensure that our officers not only are ready for the positions, but would be the best to fill it, as opposed to having a point based system that could easily be completed with a big grind. If this is the most bias system, then it's already the system we use, and I still believe it's the best system for a new and smaller/still growing battalion. 

I'll also say, the Officers and Senior Officers currently vote on all promotions, and I plan to keep it that way. It eliminates a lot of bias, and also gives everyone a chance to give their opinions on a person.

Edited by Lovestruck

-1 I, for once, agree with Comics on this one. Just because people can vote to promote does not make it an unbiased system.  I do not want to see this be a part of the battalion.  

• Agree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

57 minutes ago, Stockings said:

-1 I, for once, agree with Comics on this one. Just because people can vote to promote does not make it an unbiased system.  I do not want to see this be a part of the battalion.  

Thank you for your feedback. If I do end up getting this position, I'll host a battalion-wide as well as an officer meeting where I'll ask about and go over all of my plans. If the general consensus is merit-based promotions are the best way to go, I'm willing to change my mind. However, for now I stand by my position.

Edited by Lovestruck

8 hours ago, Lovestruck said:

Officers and Senior Officers currently vote on all promotions, and I plan to keep it that way. It eliminates a lot of bias,

This is quite literally the most biased system you could use outside one dude choosing. This is a subjective system, voting or not it's based on opinion not fact. All battalions moved from this for a good good reason, its so prone to bias and has 0 standards as people can easily pick and choose.

• Agree 3

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

ive had few interactions with you and every one I’ve had has been a terrible experience.

You are by far not the leader needed for the BCMD role. I’ve seen your own troopers disobey your orders to the point one of my NCOs had to hop in and attempt to defuse it which was met by a terrible response from you. Higher rank or not he is still disobeying an order from their superior and I think it’s important for a trooper to voice their frustration or disappointment in that.

you aren’t the leader needed tor BCMD and your leadership skills from what I’ve seen in general are extremely lackluster at best.

I don’t see you appreciating or valuing trooper input, especially from other battalions. You want to reach out to other battalions to do training etc with, but can’t even give the light of day to respect then when an NCO attempts to assist you in a situation that was clearly out of your hands to the point someone in an RP scenario took notice you brush it aside as the NCOs fault, not your own faulty leadership.

Your entire application is just things you can be instilling at your current rank but I haven’t seen. You haven’t done enough at this rank why can we assume you’ll do more because of a moderately higher one. This seems like a power move to me.

all in all I’m worried for GM.

• Disagree 2
  • Confused 1

+1 Lovestruck is clearly deadicated and may need some guidance. Hes served the Senate well and has potential to do well in a BCMD Position. He deserves the chance to give his case.

• Friendly 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Today I had a long and very informative discussion with Lovestruck about some situations that we have had in the past. We both approached each other very respectfully and I have to say he without a doubt impressed the fuck out of me. Every question I asked him in regards to what he had listed on his application was answered in a clear and concise way. Any feedback I gave him he was able to take and not be mad or angry that I was questioning his idea. He seems to have very clear and concise goals in mind for the battalion as a whole and i feel that if he is given the opportunity he will make the most of it.

I have to give him a FAT AF +1

• Friendly 1
Banned

+1 Great option for Bacara 

• Friendly 1

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

This application has been VOIDED by the author.

You are permitted to put up another application for other positions, however;

If you void another commander application within 30 DAYS, then you're subject to a 30 DAY cooldown from applying.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

• Confused 1