Removal of the Battalion Officer Whitelist

• Management

Name: Marvel

RP Rank: Captain

Suggestion: Remove the Officer whitelist from every battalion

Implementation: Remove the Officer job, place the model on the trooper whitelist so it's still in use, thus allowing 1 extra job slot to every battalion as long as it follows standardization.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Remove
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: All battalion officer jobs

Slots: 0

Description: N/A

Model: Move the model to the Trooper whitelist
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: N/A
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: So throughout my entire time on Synergy one of the most underutilized jobs every battalion was stuck with was the Officer job. It never had any good perks besides the increased pay and most normal players would rather be on a job with a more noticeable and useful perk. The primary reasoning behind this suggestion is to remove the job opening up 1 job slot in each battalion which in turn allows every battalion to replace it with something that may be of more use to them. Example: They can add some new cool lore character job, or add something to their subunits, or if they don't need any other jobs they can rest peacefully knowing that they don't have to bother with the Officer whitelist no longer. Whatever the battalions decide to add as long as it does not break standardization and is a reasonable addition to their respective groups. Ie. No one is going to get Jet Troopers back into their main battalion slot. Really the only thing they can get added to their main battalion tab is a lore character if they have any.  Also the DP-24 could go to another job or maybe a subunit buff for some people! Who knows? The possibilities!

Please ask me questions below. I personally didn't go and talk with every battalion because I'm sure if anyone is against this change than they can voice their concerns on the suggestion but from my time on the server no one has ever really liked the Officer job.

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 Literally just adds another idea of a lore character for every battalion or just another job.

I would love to see this come out as SOON as possible so it opens for suggestions for the battalions to make suggestions!

Edited by Slak

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1 but standardization is dumb

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

Banned

+1 Keep it for devil dogs @MoriM

• Funny 1

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

+1

• Dumb 2

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Management
1 minute ago, ToasterBath said:

DP-24 is pivotal to the server and officer is the only non ARC job to get dual DC-17s (besides Tech)

The DP-24 could be way better utilized if given to like Heavy or ARF or maybe even made a sub-unit buff. 

• Agree 3

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 I've heard potential changes happening to the officer whitelist to make it more useful for a while now, but nothing has still changed

• Winner 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

+1, but I do have questions regarding some of the battalions.

What would be some of your recommended new job slots for battalions such as CG, DU, and GM? These are rather lackluster in terms of whitelists as not many lore characters are prevalent. Possibly a GM Aerial Trooper that isn't apart of KU possibly? A CG CQC Whitelist with a shotgun? I don't know many ideas for it, but I do agree that Officer is very underwhelming and underused.

On 7/13/2022 at 10:42 PM, ToasterBath said:

DP-24 is pivotal to the server and officer is the only non ARC job to get dual DC-17s (besides Tech)

This guy does kinda have a point though. However, the officer job is a bit of a relic of the past back when dual dcs used to be super good. Only way to get them was like he said, being an officer or being ARC (had less slots back then too I think?). Nowadays there's so much better stuff to use than the duallies so nobody wants to use the job anymore I'm sure.

+1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

On 7/13/2022 at 9:26 PM, Marvel said:

The primary reasoning behind this suggestion is to remove the job opening up 1 job slot in each battalion which in turn allows every battalion to replace it with something that may be of more use to them.

-1 The limitation for job slots is artificial and could just be increased rather than remove something from the server. With the move away from the F4 menu standard to DarkRP (base for most Star Wars RP), and the eventual move to Helix (I believe) it doesn't really matter how many jobs are in a battalion as there isn't a massive menu to clutter up in F4. It doesn't really matter how large a jobs.lua file is either so long as it is sorted nicely by the developers using it. Why not just suggest increasing the number of allowed jobs rather than take one away, or just allow each Battalion's Commanders to make such a decision regarding jobs within their Battalion? If they want an extra thing added and have something in mind, increase the "job slots" and allow them to make a suggestion for it rather than remove Officer while they might have nothing prepared. It's already a struggle enough to make jobs unique and have a draw to them, most battalions may struggle with trying to fill an extra job with players, unique weaponry, and a unique RP position on the server.

Regarding freeing up the weaponry on the job to be added to other things, it's not like it is not allowed to put the DP-24 on other jobs and like it is ONLY possible to be used by officers. Furthermore, it will be kind of lame to get rid of the job and have Commanders (non-lore) be unable to use Dual DC17s since they'd be forced to use the Trooper job and just use the standard weaponry for a Trooper. If you're a Commander you shouldn't need to play on a Regiment whitelist to get additional weapons, especially those that were common in lore for Commanders and Officers to use.

There are other guns that Heavy and those other jobs could use anyways, such as the rw_sw_dc15le_o, rw_sw_dlt19s, or other more unique weapons that could be added. 

• Agree 2
  • Confused 2
  • Dumb 2

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Veteran Admin

+1 It confused me why we even had it tbh 

Forum Admin

I don't see a reason to maintain a class simply for AFKing for credits, and pistols that you would use perma-weapons over anyways. No matter the replacement, removing this job honestly has no negatives. +1.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

On 7/16/2022 at 6:03 PM, Keegan said:

-1 The limitation for job slots is artificial and could just be increased rather than remove something from the server. With the move away from the F4 menu standard to DarkRP (base for most Star Wars RP), and the eventual move to Helix (I believe) it doesn't really matter how many jobs are in a battalion as there isn't a massive menu to clutter up in F4. It doesn't really matter how large a jobs.lua file is either so long as it is sorted nicely by the developers using it. Why not just suggest increasing the number of allowed jobs rather than take one away, or just allow each Battalion's Commanders to make such a decision regarding jobs within their Battalion? If they want an extra thing added and have something in mind, increase the "job slots" and allow them to make a suggestion for it rather than remove Officer while they might have nothing prepared. It's already a struggle enough to make jobs unique and have a draw to them, most battalions may struggle with trying to fill an extra job with players, unique weaponry, and a unique RP position on the server.

Regarding freeing up the weaponry on the job to be added to other things, it's not like it is not allowed to put the DP-24 on other jobs and like it is ONLY possible to be used by officers. Furthermore, it will be kind of lame to get rid of the job and have Commanders (non-lore) be unable to use Dual DC17s since they'd be forced to use the Trooper job and just use the standard weaponry for a Trooper. If you're a Commander you shouldn't need to play on a Regiment whitelist to get additional weapons, especially those that were common in lore for Commanders and Officers to use.

There are other guns that Heavy and those other jobs could use anyways, such as the rw_sw_dc15le_o, rw_sw_dlt19s, or other more unique weapons that could be added. 

What do you think is easier, convince the founders to add more job slots per battalion, or remove a useless job and free up the slot for other use

• Funny 1
  • Optimistic 1
  • Dumb 1

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1 people just use it for the higher pay 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been ACCEPTED.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - ACCEPTED

There will be a follow up with BCMD's to find an alternative or edit to the job.

• Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)