A long overdue talk about the Z-6's status

Hello, I am Hailfire, the 212th's Heavy lead.
I am here on behalf of alot of heavies, how few there are of us left, to have a long needed talk about the status of the Z-6. 

So, no matter who I ask, it's clear to me that the weapons released last night was not the intended final release of the weapon rebalances, so while the fate of the weapons are up for debate and change, I have talked with a couple of the most active heavies I could get my hands on and I've gotten some consensus on the feelings and needs of the future Z-6 rebalance/buff/update.
Currently, the weapon is completely and utterly incompatible and incapable of being used by a heavy in the very limited scope of what a heavy should do.
The purpose of a heavy is simple; to be the shield and spear and to hit back as hard as they get hit. To be shot so the rest of the squad doesn't, and to dish down heavy suppressive fire.
The current Z-6 does not do this, though again I do understand the current Z-6 isn't meant to be the final Z-6.

For the sake of the argument though, let's imagine that the current Z-6 is going down the same direction the final Z-6 is meant to go to. Why is the current Z-6 bad? After all in relative terms it is "buffed" from the old Z-6. 
The reason why it's bad is because it does not promote nor adhere to a heavy style of fighting, and since Z-6s are primarily used by heavies, it makes it completely redundant. The current Z-6 has terrible standing accuracy, terrible walking accuracy, terrible running accuracy and has near-perfect crouching accuracy. Looking at these stats, it's clear that this means a heavy should stay in the back lines and practically act as a movable turret, planting down and opening fire when needed then repositioning. This isn't what a heavy should do. A heavy's purpose is to be on the front lines, the vanguard and the pointman, and seeing as how only 10-20% of a deployment/event/encounter is breaching and the rest of the 80-90% open field fighting, this makes the Z-6 incompatible with the heavy doctrine.

If I were to make a suggestion on what a good Z-6 would be without making it ridiculously overpowered in terms of what it should do, I would make it the following way. After testing out the Z-6 on some bots with @Baron, I believe that the Z-6 should be a "better" version of its old anaxes nerfed variant. The "rev-up" mechanic and high rate of fire should remain from the old Z-6, but with better damage and higher overall accuracy. This would give Heavies an incentive to be on the frontlines and constantly pushing, rather than staying behind and dishing damage from there. I dislike the fact that the current Z-6 also lacks a "rev-up" period, which makes it practically indistinguishable from the Clone Minigun.

Another way the incentive for heavies to be at the frontlines could be provided is also by giving heavies a larger health and armor pool, but that seems a bit too brass to give to an entire class.

The way it is right now though, Heavy is one of the most underutilized and underused regiments in the entire server, and it is genuinely a shame. I do believe with the proper adjustments, heavies can be a great part of the synergy of a battalion, rather than be a liability.

Attack forever

TL;DR Current Z-6 even though is not set should not be the basis of the future Z-6, the future Z-6 should be a better version of the old Z-6, to incentivize heavies to properly do their jobs rather than be a terrible sentry gun.

On 7/4/2022 at 12:40 PM, BigBoss said:

I agrre, troobers need more brrrrrrrt

Brrttt good, balance with rev up time yes?

13 minutes ago, Jimmithy said:

more brrrr while moving then it good.

12 minutes ago, Bruno647 said:

I cant lie it need to firer faster while you are still walking

Incentivizes heavies to move forward and keep pushing in front of the squad rather than stay behind like a sentry gun, very good

8 minutes ago, Rickle said:

Can you enable your recent profile visit block because of inflation

Im gonna stab you

Banned

Rickle

• Rickle
  • Member.png.c307f871f7539f9e47513c0a3fe5c
  • Neutral
  • 305 posts
  16 hours ago, Bruno647 said:

I cant lie it need to firer faster while you are still walking

Can you enable your recent profile visit block because of inflation

Agree

:pepe5head:im retraded:pepe5head:
Personally, I believe the Z-6 deserves a small buff.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 2

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif