Council Agenda (06/18/2022)

Jedi Council Agenda
(06/18/2022)

Weekly Branch Assignment

Suggestions

Bring back Knight watch - Pythin/Lovestruck - Tabled

Make Titles that are outside the branch system that could be given to Knights/Padawans, that do outstanding work - Pythin - Tabled

Update or clear unjobbed lore character list - Crimson/Metro - Tabled

Brooklyn. suggestion for Jedi Commander and General - Claw/Metro - Vote on Discord

Pink Crystal Nominations

Promotion/Demotion/Removal/Interviews

Applications

ACE Lead - Open

Named Master Promotions

Obi-Wan Kenobi (212th) - Open
Luminara Unduli (41st) - Open
Jocasta Nu (Freelance) - Open

Aayla Secura (Freelance) - Metro

Open Floor PTS
push for more strike teams on deployments- Pythin

Push knights to pick up padawans - Pythin

Either remove Ace managers and have masters do it, or gets some active managers - Pythin/Lovestruck

Bi-weekly Battalion Jedi Feedback - Military Advisor

Branch Master+ PTS 

Chief Instructor Trials Overview and Feedback

• Informative 1
11 minutes ago, Dono said:

Yall should find a way to make it more worth it to pick up a padawan and actively teach them. Taking a padawan in lore is such a big part of being a jedi and it just doens't really feel like its that important anymore.

i feel like the only reason to have a Padawan is to benefit yourself, if they pass Knight trials they're not a Knights Padawan anymore yet the Knight gets rewarded with Merits. I feel like thats the extent of the Padawan system, I agree with you

• Agree 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

5 minutes ago, Mystic said:

i feel like the only reason to have a Padawan is to benefit yourself, if they pass Knight trials they're not a Knights Padawan anymore yet the Knight gets rewarded with Merits. I feel like thats the extent of the Padawan system, I agree with you

theres also none to very little amounts of push for masters to teach their padawans throughout their time as their apprentice. Taking a padawan just isnt important enough for people to care about doing it. Taking a padawan isnt enough alone... actualy taking the time to work with them in game is what really counts. People who take padawans but never actually see them again don't deserve any merit points but they usually still get them.

spacer.png

Just now, Dono said:

theres also none to very little amounts of push for masters to teach their padawans throughout their time as their apprentice. Taking a padawan just isnt important enough for people to care about doing it. Taking a padawan isnt enough alone... actualy taking the time to work with them in game is what really counts. People who take padawans but never actually see them again don't deserve any merit points but they usually still get them.

i notice this quite abit as well, but mostly with lore characters, as most of the unnamed Master/Padawan combos i see are friends and talk quite abit, but its never about bettering yourself in Jedi its just rambling.

I wish i had a Master to teach me how to Jedi... this is something that could very well push Jedi to a much more immersive and statured state on the server..

Just now, Mystic said:

i notice this quite abit as well, but mostly with lore characters, as most of the unnamed Master/Padawan combos i see are friends and talk quite abit, but its never about bettering yourself in Jedi its just rambling.

I wish i had a Master to teach me how to Jedi... this is something that could very well push Jedi to a much more immersive and statured state on the server..

(merge attempt) i also agree that Padawans and Knights who've never interacted shouldn't receive merits based on the others actions.

• Winner 1

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

7 minutes ago, Mystic said:

There isn't a single class / training that teaches padawans how to act / compose themself in rp as a jedi. Pretty much all padawans just go through their knight trials with only dueling practice and then released to represent what a jedi is as a knight. Then people wonder why we have so many ppl that just run around and act like bounty hunters with a flashy stick. 

I already have something drafted to attempt to address it. I think Consulars have the best shot at helping this but it should also be addressed by the jedi council somehow

Edited by Dono

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Dono said:

There isn't a single class / training that teaches padawans how to act / compose themself in rp as a jedi. Pretty much all padawans just go through their knight trials with only dueling practice and then released to represent what a jedi is as a knight. Then people wonder why we have so many ppl that just run around and act like bounty hunters with a flashy stick. 

I already have something drafted to attempt to address it. I think Consulars have the best shot at helping this but it should also be addressed by the jedi council somehow

with Consular having (from what i've heard) the most RP on the server Jedi wise, i think it would be useful to use them to help other Jedi get into the roleplay rhythm . But you're completely correct imo, this isn't just reliant on the Jedi themselves, but the council also, as many things such as Master/Padawan strike missions could be something to increase bonding/RP across the Order, but this can be stressful and confusing. I think right now supporting RP between Padawans is critical, and that we should make a suggestion to add a course teaching Padawans how to interact with their Masters and Masters/Knights on how to interact with their Padawans. This way RP can freeflow through the Order and we can see some unique roleplay that isn't available anywhere else on the server.

• Agree 1