PC no Longer Likes me.

So, my computer has been running really slow lately (like everything in general) taking 5 minutes for me to switch TS channels, taking nearly an hour to load into Gmod now, and when I do eventually load into Gmod its really laggy and I can barely even play. This also happens with all my games and not anything specific that I have noticed yet, I have tried multiple steam games, minecraft, battlefront, League of Legends, and none of them work but I have no idea why. I have 16 gigs of ram and while having Gmod open its at 40% utility like it usually is, so I don't think its something do with that. I've tried everything I can personally think of such as, defragging, cleaning up, running scans for virus's, updating drivers, checking for updates on windows (and updating when there was 1), restarting my PC multiple times, shutting down my PC for an entire day, and I do have plenty of open space on my SSD so I don't think it could be that (300 gigs open), and I also tried factory resetting. But none of these had any effect what so ever, any of you guys got any ideas cause I'm at a loss here.

BTW I have 16 gigs of ram and an RTX 2080

Edited by Edgar

Future Adult!

How old is the computer? While not something people love to do i'm a big fan of a complete factory reinstall of windows every 2~ years for a PC to help with things that accumulate over time that could slow the PC down.

spacer.pngspacer.png

SSDs don't benefit from being defragged. If you're having issues like those, it's possible it could be dying. How old is it? I would also try running in safe mode to see if the PC is still slow.

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

How old is the computer? While not something people love to do i'm a big fan of a complete factory reinstall of windows every 2~ years for a PC to help with things that accumulate over time that could slow the PC down.

I bit the bullet and factory reset my PC which will hopefully fix the issue, my computer is 4ish years old.

Future Adult!

2 hours ago, Edgar said:

I bit the bullet and factory reset my PC which will hopefully fix the issue, my computer is 4ish years old.

Factory resetting it didn't work, any other ideas, I am now thinking its actually something messed up with my PC itself though.

Future Adult!

13 hours ago, Edgar said:

Factory resetting it didn't work, any other ideas, I am now thinking its actually something messed up with my PC itself though.

Double check things like drivers and updates(Graphics cards drivers are super important). I would say you might have to look past software and look at hardware issues if its still a problem.

spacer.pngspacer.png

14 hours ago, Edgar said:

have you done one of those funky bootstrap computer scans? it takes hours but the results are legit 

tells you everything about your fucked up hardware, spotted my fucked up RAM that kept blue screening my PC

Edited by Comics

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

On 6/6/2022 at 9:54 AM, Comics said:

have you done one of those funky bootstrap computer scans? it takes hours but the results are legit 

tells you everything about your fucked up hardware, spotted my fucked up RAM that kept blue screening my PC

I tried doing one yeah, nothing came back wrong though

Future Adult!

• 2 weeks later...

4 years isn't old if you have a custom built one and depending if you keep up with new parts.

The only thing I can think of is looking at GPU Usage / Power Usage / etc when your loading and see if it's all over the place or steady.

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 8:18 PM, Edgar said:

I got it fixed now my CPU was fried lmao we all good though

Good to see you brought it back! welcome back to the game

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• 2 weeks later...
Banned

Good to hear your PC works again

Records I hold: Fastest time to return and resign 4 minutes | Most returns and resignations 6 Times