From the Office of High Command 5/15/2022

Would you try a 1st person only server  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the Office of High Command

5/15/2022

From the Office of the Chancellor - Conrad

General Updates

We currently have 21st BCMD Bacara open, with 501st BCMD Rex and Grand Master of the Order Yoda opening in the next two weeks. I am very much looking forward to these two good luck to any potential applicants. If you need a waive make sure to reach out!

Thanks to gadget I was able to add a bunch of old training for EOD and TECH to the current training database rosters. Hopefully this helps some people who’s training got wiped along the way and haven't gotten retrained, as they now don’t need to. 

Roleplayer of the Week

Roleplayer of the week is Valakyth. Valaktyh was nominated by mavelle for excellent RP in game as a Bounty Hunter, with the addition of RP outside of game in RP center discord channels. As someone who personally thinks RP Discord channels are a little cringe at times it's good to see people taking it seriously and interacting great with them. Good work and reach out for your reward!

Question for the Community

Just something I'm a little curious about. How do you think removing third person and forcing everyone to be in first person would affect the server? Would you want to try it out just to see? (More clone focused, lets not talk about wiltOS in first person)

Clone Updates

The only thing I want to really talk about for Clones is Brooklyn getting the position of MCMD. We both have a long history of good work together and I expect this to be no different. We both understand each other and trust each other, which is a great thing to have in the people holding these two positions. I plan on leaning on him greatly from the clone perspective, giving him the trust and free rain I know he deserves to make a great marshal. I will say personally Something I am looking forward to is hopefully seeing a marshal commander that is able to break the mold of being more of an administrative lead and be a bit more of a presence in game as a leader. I hope to see great things from you my friend!

Brooklyn will be joining in on the next high command update from what he's done for the last two weeks. But we decided no real point in doing it 2 days into the term!

Navy Updates

No work with the navy this week!

Jedi Updates

I started off this two week period by having some discussion among the Jedi Command structure. Some issues were brought to my attention about the cohesion of the order and ensuring that Jedi High Command members were all on the same page. I started off by having some discussion with the entire command structure on how best to address and handle this in my opinion. I will continue to monitor the situation in the meantime.

Additionally I worked with Willy on some improvements to the branch rosters. Adding some more things to signify when people are ready for promotion and show training such as EOD/TECH/ECT for all branches.

Guild Updates

I want to congratulate Satan on getting Guild Leader. It’ll be weird not having Brooklyn as Leader after such a long term, but I am confident that Satan will do a great job to fill the large shoes Brooklyn has left behind. Unfortunately I had a plan put on hold when Brooklyn announced he was going for MCMD and I didn’t get to see it implemented with him. But hopefully here I can get going on that with Satan after he takes a couple days to settle into the position. 

Senate

I spent some time talking to Willy about ways that the senate could be expanded. We look at both senate commando and senators themselves and ways to add more of both, give them more ways to interact among themselves by some ideas we had to increase the amount of senators. Unfortunately it looks like this Idea will not be working out and the senate will be remaining the same in terms of potential positions for the foreseeable future.

Notes

As always, I am more than happy to talk in TS or discord at any time about anything. Just send me a message!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Very informative Conrad. Thank You! 

On the note of third person, I think it leaves alot to be desired. Makes doing certain tasks harder, and makes models pointless as we can't admire them! It's also a nice feature to be able to watch our sides and make sure we don't run into enemies/friendlies fire. 

Edited by Mystic

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Forcing third person isn't a good idea. It pretty much makes animation sweps half-useless, sweps that people pay money for. Yeah, other people can see it, but you can't. Good for immersion, but bad idea overall.

Edited by Ratio
  • Agree 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

Why is the senate not changing? Personally ive heard multiple complaints from senate commandos that they lack interest in the job itself and i feel like its lacking in terms of entertainment/actual enjoyment. Yes its senate commandos and they constantly HAVE to follow the senators and be by their side. But why not give them more in terms of rp, and expand it so they can be more interested towards the job itself. Take the perspective of the commandos who dont see each other a lot online at all, I feel like they deserve a chance to have more in their branch for their sake. If I may ask what is it that stopped any ideas for the senate from passing?

Besides that, thanks for the update, I truly love to see these kinds of things being posted for everyone to stay updated.

Edited by Razen
  • Confused 1

Doom the Boom

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

How do you think removing third person and forcing everyone to be in first person would affect the server? Would you want to try it out just to see?

Please don't. It's nice to be able to see myself to ensure I'm not accidentally still in staff mode as well as ensuring I have the right bodygroupers on. Not to mention how some people prefer running around like that as it gives a better viewing experience in things like DB. I think removing third person would drive a lot of new players away and some older players.

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

1 hour ago, Razen said:

Why is the senate not changing? Personally ive heard multiple complaints from senate commandos that they lack interest in the job itself and i feel like its lacking in terms of entertainment/actual enjoyment. Yes its senate commandos and they constantly HAVE to follow the senators and be by their side. But why not give them more in terms of rp, and expand it so they can be more interested towards the job itself. Take the perspective of the commandos who dont see each other a lot online at all, I feel like they deserve a chance to have more in their branch for their sake. If I may ask what is it that stopped any ideas for the senate from passing?

So to make things clear. Willy has been working hard on exploring expanding and changing the senate and I was very happy with the path he was taking.

The complaint of the senate commandos not being able to do much in currently in progress of being addressed, within the last 2 weeks I made up and passed a bill with Finn that reforms the entire system, we wanted to create a sub-branch of sorts that expands on the duties of a SC, we changed the base line of senate commandos to be senate guard who would take on the normal guarding duties but would be more encouraged to Rp more and take part in joint trainings, which senate guard members have pushed for. The idea of our sub branch would be Senate Commandos which would include duties of guarding higher value members, scouting ahead and the possibility of mentoring and hosting trainings. We did want to have a suggestion up that could really utilise this but this unfortunate cannot progress despite the support of many. We are still going to go forward with this, just under the same job, we will absolutely look into them being more proactive and hopefully lose a massive stigma they currently hold.

As for the Senate itself. This was another suggestion denied from the top, we wanted to add a job that would expand our official members from 9 to a possible 19. This was a big blow for us to not get the green light but we are looking into a different way to do this. Today I have presented a bill that will revamp and better utilise the auxiliary senator system, which uses the event jobs. We want to see more of them and also give them a better look into senate, have them be part of the discussion and less of a tool for senators to use and more of an actual participant of the faction.

It's a shame that we couldn't bring 2 suggestions that the senate faction and higher members were really positive about but we are looking at different ways to make senate a little bit more relevant, again I'll say it. Willy has been working really hard on the senate.

I do encourage those to give senate guard a chance, be part of the change to this system and hopefully give them a greater purpose. It's really simple to get into and doesn't take up your clone job or anything else. So there isn't any down side to giving a few moments of your time.

Edited by Gears

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

If you voted no on first person only you're a fortnite nerd

-First person purist

Edited by Banzai

Former: 187th ARCO, DU ARCO x4, DU ARCL x2, 501st ARFL, Prudii Skirata, Alpha-22 AvenAlpha-98 Nate Current: DU 1stLT GreenBean

On 5/16/2022 at 11:16 PM, Razen said:

Besides that, thanks for the update, I truly love to see these kinds of things being posted for everyone to stay updated.

We plan on making changes still, but some of the things we wanted to do aren't supported up the chain. 

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

On 5/16/2022 at 11:16 PM, Razen said:

Why is the senate not changing? Personally ive heard multiple complaints from senate commandos that they lack interest in the job itself

because it's not an actual job... it's the equivalent of R2-D2 and C3PO.

• Dumb 1