Brooklyn's Marshal Commander Application

Steam Name: Brooklyn

RP Name: Guild Leader N’eko Awaud | Jedi Commander Bardan Jusik | Executive Officer Alpha-17

RP Rank: Guild Leader (RCMD) | SOBDE Jedi (2ndLT) | Rancor (XO)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:196195559

Brigade you are applying for: Marshal Commander

Experience:
Bounty Hunter: [Feb. 2021 - Now]

Clan Leader of Aurodium Sword
    Clan Leader of Solus
    Guild Marshal
    Guild Lieutenant
    Guild Leader (Two Terms)

104th: [Feb. 2019 - May 2019] - [Feb. 2020 - July 2020] - [July 2021 - Now]
    104th SFC SUPO Slender
    Wolfpack HVYL 1stLT Sinker
    -------------------------
    104th HVYL MAJ Brooklyn
    Wolfpack Lead REGL XO Comet
    BCMD Wolffe
    Wolfpack ARCL Major Dash-29
    BCMD Wolffe

41st: [May 2019 - Nov. 2019] - [Feb. 2021 - Feb. 2021]
    41stGC Sharpshooter 2ndLT Brooks
    41stGCO ARCL CMD Brooklyn
    41st ITDD / CDO (Chief Disciplinary)
    41st Battalion Commander Gree
    41st GCL XO Faie

DU: [Nov. 2019 - Nov. 2019]
    DU ARC CPT Brooklyn

Rancor: [Dec. 2019 - Feb. 2020] - [Aug. 2020 - Jan. 2021] - [Dec. 2021 - Now]
    Rancor RTL 1stLT Brooklyn
    Alpha-98 1stLT Nate
    Alpha-17 Captain Alpha
    Alpha-77 Major Fordo
    Rancor Commander Havoc
    Alpha-66 MSG Muzzle
    Alpha-17 Captain Alpha
    Alpha-78 XO Valiant
    Alpha-66 2ndLT Muzzle
    Alpha-77 Captain Fordo
    Alpha-17 XO Alpha

21st Nova Corps: [Jan. 2021 - Feb. 2021]
    21stSO Lead 2ndLT Brooklyn
    21stKU Captain Keller

Recon Regimental Commander: [Feb. 2021 - April 2021]

SOBDE: [April 2021 - July 2021] - [Oct. 2021 - Nov. 2021] - [Feb. 2022 - Now]
    Bad Batch Crosshair [Rank: LTC]
    Omega Squad 36 EOD Darman [Rank: SFC]
    Iri Camas [Rank: MSG]
    Jedi Commander Bardan Jusik [Rank: 2ndLT]

Jedi Order: [Feb. 2022 - Now]
    Bardan Jusik

Jedi Commander

Why should you become a Marshal Commander?:
I will explain this as well as I can without it sounding like I have a massive ego. Personally, I don’t like the phrasing of this question as it makes me talk myself up, but please bare with me.

One reason I feel worthy of this position is the amount of experience I have in High Command. I had previously served as Recon RCMD back in 2021. While I was not in this position for a long time, it was my first integration into High Command and it brought me into what they do. I since this experience have forged very strong pillars of what direction I want to see the server go in from a player point of view. Currently, I am Guild Leader. This being a RCMD Equivalent position, I have been able to interact and forge relationships with everyone in the current High Command. I feel as though my opinion and presence in High Command is very welcomed and considered when going into talks of issues or changes. Not to mention the more senior members of High Command, being those who have gone through re-apps in their positions, have a good understanding of what I have done and what I am capable of. 

Moving off of the High Command only portion, my experience being a BCMD and my interaction with the player base during those times have been nothing short of a positive experience. Interaction is nothing new to me and talking with anyone, not just a select group, in the community is something I find enjoyable. I’ve ran my fair share of battalions and I’ve had my fair share of hard times / issues. It is to my belief that I can work with just about anyone and also fix things that need it wherever I end up. Main examples being the Guild, 104th, and Rancor.

Now I will be going into some community opinion. I went through and talked with every BCMD and RCMD about running and asked a particular question. “What do you want to see out of a Marshal?” A lot of the answers I received are summarized in the following points:

- Have a presence in events and be a leader that the server can see. Resourcefulness.
- Someone who can be confidential with sensitive information as well as private information about oneself.
- Showing interest in the battalions. Chill and talk with them in battalion channels. Attend meetings sometimes to give opinions. Voice potential concerns if requested to give an outside perspective.
- Don't overstep unless asked, trust the battalions and the RCMD's on what they are doing.
- Look at issues from all angles instead of 1 perspective and be levelheaded during it.
- Transparency on what I am doing.
- Keep your promises.

When it comes to these points and feedback, I feel as though I embody this and am able to provide this kind of experience to others in this position. I am not one who is solely a behind the scenes person. That is general boring to me to focus all of my time and energy into just doing background work. I believe that if you apply for a position and obtain it, you should play the position or else it’s a waste of a whitelist. I love being in-game and interacting with the everyone as a member instead of being an Intel Director type. No dis on all you Intel Directors you are the reason we still exist. When it comes to giving counsel, I take everything into account and talk very serious and direct on the given topic. It goes without saying, private matters or battalion specific issues, I don’t spread false information around as that can easily be misread and also changed further causing damage to a person mentally or a battalion’s image. Dabbling into another point, I believe in transparency heavily. I was very outspoken with the concealment of issues and decisions from 8 months to a year ago, as I believed it was the biggest crutch of the High Command at that time. I believe that if decisions are ran through the proper channels and is completely factual and accurate, there shouldn’t be any reason to hide my reasons during changes or decisions. In terms of interest in battalions, I do believe forming a firsthand opinion by talking with a battalion on a player to player level. TS and in-game interaction is most important when your job is to understand the battalions under you and form stronger relationships with them. One of the biggest points on this list is the “not over stepping” topic. Trust is a big thing for me, as it can easily be broken. Currently on the RCMD side, I trust all of them. I’ve been working with them for a long time and have seen what they do and what they have done. The only time I believe stepping into a battalions business is necessary, is in the following situations: The RCMD in-charge of them is on LOA. There is no RCMD currently. The RCMD has asked me to assist. The BCMD has asked me to assist. Outside of these situations, it can be seen as untrusting by my peers and a breaking of the promises I made to them. Finally, the biggest point in this feedback, keeping promises. This comes very close to me as I make it my job to do everything I have set out to do. I’ve kept my promises during my Wolffe Terms, I’ve kept my promises as Guild Lead in my two terms, and I have not stopped trying to improve on things even after fulfilling these promises. If you apply for a position you should do what you set out to do. If you don’t you are betraying the trust of the people under you, the people above you, and the people who have supported you.

Last point I want to talk on is my drive and motivation. As I have mentioned in previous points, I am highly motivated to always being a source of improvement. I haven’t taken a solid break in a long, long time, as staying busy is what motivates me to continue. Noticing and dealing with issues gives me purpose and drive to keep going. This position is one that demands such qualities, as it is not one to be taken lightly. Should I falter to keep up with what I set out to do. I will shift direction and plan a better way to go about it. Stalemating and sitting around is not what a Marshal can afford to do.

Do you understand the lore of the Grand Army?: Yes

Availability:
In Game:

Tuesday - Saturday: 5pm - 11:30pm EST
Sunday & Monday: 9am - 12am EST

Discord:
My job allows me to be on my phone pretty much all day. So I am basically available 17 hours a day for 7 days a week. Only time I am not is when I am sleeping.

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:
41st Battalion Commander Gree

104th Battalion Commander Wolffe (Twice)
Alpha-78 Executive Officer Valiant
Helping the rebuild of 21st
Captain Keller
Recon Regimental Commander
Alpha-17 Executive Officer Alpha

Jedi Commander Bardan Jusik
Guild Leader (Twice)

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want the Grand Army to be at the end of your term?: 
This is a topic that can fluctuate a lot over the course of 3 months. From the top, I might seem that a Marshal Commander has full control of every outcome, but a majority of the time it is not the case. My ideal state for the GAR is one that consists of a strong, present, and active High Command. A set of very reliable and heavily motivated BCMD and Commander Corps. One of the most important concepts for me is having a strong successor for a BCMD. Having a very good BCMD is one thing, but having an equivalent or even better successor can keep every battalion on a good path. Next thing I would like to see is a fully integrated structure of Clones and Factions. This idea and concept will be explained in the question below for more detail. One of the final things I want to see by the end of my term is members of High Command fulfilling, to some extent, the in-game leadership and interaction. 

How do you plan to improve relations within the Grand Army?:
In my opinion, improving relations in the GAR doesn’t have to come from only the Clone Side. I believe a lot of relations come from the factions. Our relationships as clones with the Navy, Jedi, and Senate are just as important as the ones we have from inter-regiment and inter-battalion. Improving on these relationships can seem like a tall task, as it also comes down to the Faction Leads to engage in this. However, with the current leaders as well as Clone BCMDs / RCMDs, there should be no issues with integration. Now with the fluff out of the way, I’ll explain how I plan to do it.

I’ll start with Naval. Naval is a big aspect of this server and to the GAR specifically. One of the biggest ways to increase our bond with Naval is through ideas that are already taking place. Two of these are Naval giving the “In-Character” Briefing for events and deployments. This is a great step in the right direction, but I feel as though this isn’t utilized as much as it could be by the general player base. Emphasizing this interaction can have Naval and battalions acting more in tandem with one another. The other interaction is during Defcon 3 scenarios. I know what you are thinking and no this is not about battle stations. However, Naval are the all seeing eye when it comes to communication. Heeding their calls when it comes to stationing units and battalions in areas during threat scenarios can create trust and mutual respect on an in-game level. As for the future, taking this one step at a time is what matters. Over-planning won’t help the state of things as if the plan falls apart, so does everything else.

Next up, Jedi. Jedi integration is something I’ve been pushing for during my time in 104th and rancor in the last year. Jedi is something fundamental to the server as well as the battalions they inhabit. The idea and suggestion I have for all battalions (obviously I wouldn’t force this on anyone as it’s a suggestion) is to have your Jedi act as your Commanders and Generals in events just as they did in lore. As weird as this sounds, it actually creates a lot of roleplay for battalions and definitely shakes things up in events. This system is something I have toyed with for about a year now, and it has increased the friendliness and image of those battalions and their Jedi. It is a great way to have Jedi get noticed by the Order for the work they do in their battalion and have the potential for other Jedi to join as well. Having this being an inclusive environment and a grow area looks very appealing overall. 

Moving onto Senate. Senate integration and relations is a tricky one. This Faction has the most roleplay ability outside of bounty hunter, but also has the clutch of being restricted to only roleplay ability. Finding a way to work with Senate closer is hard, but not impossible. One of the first things is something Willy has expressed great interest in, and that’s having Senate interaction in TS and friendliness in-game. Outside of Senate Commandos, there isn’t a whole lot of interaction between the battalions and the Senate which can lead some to question it’s use. Well, one of the best ways to work on this is by having events that circle around diplomatic assignments that require both Senate/Senate Guard and normal battalions. This seems like a lackluster response, but as long as there is motivation to do it, it can both benefit the Clones and the Senate. Being staff, I would take this on during it’s initial stages to normalize these kinds of interactions and events.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your Marshal commander rank?: Yes

• Winner 2

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Coordinator
Coordinator

+1, After talking to Brooklyn, I'm confident he'll do a great job as Marshal : ) as long as he wears the poncho....

• Agree 1

+1 I spoke to you about what I'd like to see and what concerns me and everything seemed clear and legit. Good luck!

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Head Admin

+1, definitely a good fit 

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

• Director
Director

+1

From my time on the server, I've seen Brooklyn as an extremely dedicated member of the community who does everything he can to help improve the server while also keeping in mind the opinions of others and the practicality of what he's trying to accomplish. This is an attitude that I have no doubt that he will continue in the position of Marshal. Along with this, Brooklyn has been a very strong, honest, and leading voice in High Command which I believe is a super important set of traits for a Marshal Commander to have.

Overall, this is an easy +1 from me, especially after the talk we had in TS prior to you posting this application. I do want to restate that I am still a little worried with how this will effect the new changes coming to ARC, although as I've stated I know you're not one to just drop a project when it's half one.

Best of luck with the application and interview, make sure you wear the poncho!

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

+1, do I really need to say anything about Brooklyn? Time and time again he has proven himself as someone who can hold these high command positions and do amazing in them. The fact that he already has amazing relationships wi the the rest of high command and an amazing server presence makes him perfect for this position. 

There really isn't much to add on from what everyone else has said. In my entire time on Synergy, I've always seen you do great with every position you found your way into. Finally working together with you in SOBDE completely confirmed my thoughts, making me very confident in your ability to make your goals and plans a reality. Good luck with the interview. +1

• Agree 1

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

+1. outta the blue. just don't make us have to wear cat ears on our deployments.

Brooklyn is a great choice, big fan

Edited by Mystik

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Banned

big surprise but massive +1

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

+1 I have been working with him for quite a while now and after discussing some important topics, I am confident in saying he is capable of doing the job well.

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

Banned

+1 the best rancor pvt i've seen.

• Dumb 1

Current: Jedi Master Diplomat Saesee Tiin + Alpha-78 Valiant  ||  Former: CF99 Tech | DS Rys | RT Bigmouth | 327th PFC Vindin

+1

I've worked with Brooklyn for awhile, and I have no doubt he will be a good MCMD. He's got the drive to push new ideas and positive change, but also isn't going to micromanage the GAR.

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

Banned

Ok this man is a legend in the community, he has the experience and the charisma so this an easy +1, Brooklyn is one of the only people I can see that are more than prepared for MCMD

Records I hold: Fastest time to return and resign 4 minutes | Most returns and resignations 6 Times 

I have only really had 1 direct interaction with you when you were one of the officer to help "rebuild" the 21st. Your leadership as an officer was much to be desired as you were flakey and often sat in a channel with the other officers, not interacting with the general batt and often acting unbefiting of an officer in the 21st.

I know people change and that was a year ago but that is my direct contact with you as a leader and I was left wanting.

Your recent activity (and yes I know I am British so Timezones are a thing) is pretty poor, you've picked up recently but I see you plenty AFK on the server prior to tve past week which is a persistent issue for all of HC, not just yourself.

The only time we have ever talk was the time you reached out to me before posting this.

If you wish to respond and clarify some of the points raised then I am open to have this conversation. And I still wish you the best of luck in the interview.

• Dumb 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

4 minutes ago, Gadget said:

Your leadership as an officer was much to be desired as you were flakey and often sat in a channel with the other officers, not interacting with the general batt and often acting unbefiting of an officer in the 21st.

So I do want to clear this up. You were right on the not interacting. I did spend a majority of my time talking to the other officers for a couple reasons. One of them being, we as the people who came in were giving zero time to prepare anything in advance. Everything we did and all the changes made were to be on the spot as 3 of the 4 of us had zero information on what was going on. We spent days at a time hashing things out as there was a ton to be discussed and I’m the end was one of the reasons i left. I didn’t like only doing things behind the scenes. I do have a question though. Can you give me a situation in which i acted unbefitting as an officer? 

8 minutes ago, Gadget said:

Your recent activity (and yes I know I am British so Timezones are a thing) is pretty poor, you've picked up recently but I see you plenty AFK on the server prior to tve past week which is a persistent issue for all of HC, not just yourself.

I’m on everyday. I am also on during the times you are if I get off work. I have a lot of witnesses to me being around and not just AFKing. As of this last week, yes, I have been AFKing a lot. As a majority of my time has been spent having meeting with all BCMD and HC in preparation to run for this position. Not including other Gmod servers i pop onto, and not including my afk hours. I Average about 60-70 hours a week.

Hopefully this cleared some things up.

• Informative 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1

You're a good guy and in my experiences in the past if someone needed your help and you weren't busy you would drop what you're doing to help them. Good luck!

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

30 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

Can you give me a situation in which i acted unbefitting as an officer? 

I have a fairly distinct memory of you going around a just acting a bit mingey and such, this might be my memory failing but it one of the only things I can remember. I would like to note I do have high standards so do take it with a pinch of salt and I am working on lowering them to an more acceptable standard.

Along with that I dont remember you hosting many trainings or leading the battalion too often, this is probably due to the aforementioned reason of being in a channel with the officer hashing out plans. I wont delve to much into that as this is about you MCMD app and not the 21st wipe/rebuild.

As stated, I do believe you could do a good job, bit I can't give you my full support and endorsement, but I am happy to be proven wrong if you get it and exceed my initial expectations. HCs image is unfortunately skewed for me so I hope you may be able to improve that.

Thank you for the quick response also.

• Disagree 1
  • Confused 2
  • Dumb 3

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

2 hours ago, Gadget said:

I have a fairly distinct memory of you going around a just acting a bit mingey and such, this might be my memory failing but it one of the only things I can remember. I would like to note I do have high standards so do take it with a pinch of salt and I am working on lowering them to an more acceptable standard.

Along with that I dont remember you hosting many trainings or leading the battalion too often, this is probably due to the aforementioned reason of being in a channel with the officer hashing out plans. I wont delve to much into that as this is about you MCMD app and not the 21st wipe/rebuild.

As stated, I do believe you could do a good job, bit I can't give you my full support and endorsement, but I am happy to be proven wrong if you get it and exceed my initial expectations. HCs image is unfortunately skewed for me so I hope you may be able to improve that.

Thank you for the quick response also.

Just so everyone is on the same page. Does this mean you’re neutral since you think he can do a good job but you don’t support him. Or is your vote the same as previously? (More for me cuz I’m confused)

33 minutes ago, Satan said:

Just so everyone is on the same page. Does this mean you’re neutral since you think he can do a good job but you don’t support him. Or is your vote the same as previously? (More for me cuz I’m confused)

It's more due to my experience with him and lack of interactions. You could say it's a neutral vote but you can't do that anymore so it was either +1 or -1 and I chose the latter.

Sorry if that confused. 

• Confused 1

+1 10 million bounty on you if you get it

• Winner 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

@BrooklynI really wish they didn't remove the fake minus 1's cause like I would do that. 

+1 although the Neko's are probably gonna take over and i'll regret it, whatever you're a cool dude nevertheless, BRO I FORGOT YOU WENT BY BROOKS when you first joined ok im done ranting. good Luck 

Edited by Strobbery
  • Dumb 2

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING