Headphones and Mics that you like

Heart

Hey gamers, as long time enthusiasts of this hobby, what are some of your favorite headphones/mics that you've owned or currently own?

Right now, I'm using the Blue Snowball (Not ICE) for my Mic, never had issues with it, maybe with a popfilter it would be the perfect low-budget mic (<$60) since it is semi-sensitive, but very sturdy and a good baseline in case you ever want to upgrade to a massive mic-stand

spacer.png

and I recently upgraded my headphones to Sony WH-XB910N (Sony has the worst names for their products) and holy shit man, I've never loved headphones more

They're definitely amazing for their price, and there's 2 features that I really fell in love with:

1. Noise Cancelling / Ambient Sound toggle -  A button on the side controls whether you are completely cancelling all outside noise, or amplifying it. They work like earplugs, you don't need to have anything playing through them to get these features, so you can fall asleep with these on without any music and hear absolutely nothing.

2. Quick-Ambient Toggle - If you cover your "ears" while wearing these, everything you're listening to gets quieter, and the outside Ambient mode is turned on, letting you hear whoever's knocking/talking/stealing IRL

I picked these up for $149, but the ultimate endgame is to get the WH-1000XM4 which have a better sound profile AND better noise cancellation, but are double the price

spacer.png

What do you have? Do you hate it? Like It? Do you prefer headsets over standup mics/headphone combos? Lets hear it!

Forum Admin

unknown.png:peepoLove:unknown.png

My bread and butter, the Sennheiser GSP 600 with a regular Blue Yeti. This isn't just me being ignorant, but I have not heard a better set of headphones at this price point. The microphone's quality (especially when paired with any free voice software like VoiceMeeter) works like a charm. With Blue Yetis, you cannot ever go wrong.

Total cost is a tad bit pricey, coming in around 250 total for both headset and mic, but honestly, with the Sennheiser I really didn't need to buy the Yeti.

I'm using a mic arm just for convenience I guess, my desk is pretty small so I don't have the room for both a stand and keyboard.

I cannot recommend these headphones enough, genuinely, some of the most durable and high-quality pair for the price point that I have found.

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

For streaming I've always use my Audio Technica 8400 (I can't remember the numbers at the end) It has worked very well over the years. For my head set I'm currently using a Razer Barracuda X after my turtle beaches broke after 3 months. 

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

Currently using these as my headphones
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort-headphones-45.html?mc=25_PS_NC_PL_00_GO_&gclid=CjwKCAjwrqqSBhBbEiwAlQeqGtWGJiSqmKyqzdz8llWEGqgPyPV-E-BO5-mZXv1nL6X7zaZSFkUvNRoCxIsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#v=qc45_black

With the Elgato Wave 3 as my mic.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SGXGLB6/ref=twister_B09SC17GSW?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
No issues, Superb quality and its honestly a great feeling. Simple to use and probably some of the only sound hardware ive liked.

Edited by Mystik
fixed a link

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Currently I use a Razer Seiren X as my microphone. I got it pretty cheap due to it being Black Friday when I bought it. I got a mic stand and pop filter to go with it. I think I got it for around $25-30, but its actual price is around $60.

spacer.png

As for headset, I use a Razer Kraken. Again, it's pretty cheap, around $40-45, but it's durable. I've dropped it a lot, had my chair wheels run over the wires, and got the wires tangled many times. Despite all of it, it's still working just as well as the day I got it.

spacer.png

All of it totals to around $90-100 depending on what mic stand and pop filter you buy. Either way, it's a great setup, and it's been amazing to use both at home and on campus when I transferred my setup there.

Edited by MrNeptoon

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...