Weird Loggin Issue

• Founder
Founder
49 minutes ago, Unkindled said:

Oh thats a big issue and I think a director+ needs to check this out @Maddoxx

Is this something you've noticed happen in the past, or are you saying it's merely a big issue judging off of what he has said?

1 hour ago, Cheez said:

I've notice that every time i log on to the server it would always reset my name back to my steam name as well as reset my credits back to the starter credits when a new player joins the server, is there any way to fix this ?

Did you make any alterations to your gmod files? First thing I would try would be to validate your game files. You may be missing something important that communicates directly with the server/DB. Let me know if this doesn't work. 

54 minutes ago, Square said:

Is this something you've noticed happen in the past, or are you saying it's merely a big issue judging off of what he has said?

Did you make any alterations to your gmod files? First thing I would try would be to validate your game files. You may be missing something important that communicates directly with the server/DB. Let me know if this doesn't work. 

Just a big issue of what he said

6 hours ago, Square said:

This is something new for me when i first joined the server 2 days ago, only today i noticed about the money thing. For alteration of any files I have not touched it in any way and was advised to delete certain files to just validate my game files. (Didnt work)

• Retired Founder
10 hours ago, Cheez said:

This is something new for me when i first joined the server 2 days ago, only today i noticed about the money thing. For alteration of any files I have not touched it in any way and was advised to delete certain files to just validate my game files. (Didnt work)

How long do you stay on the server when this issue happens? Usually this happens to most players when joining the server as it is waiting for the database to pull your information and usually fixes itself after a few minutes. Have you been on where this has lasted longer than say 10 minutes in one go?

16 hours ago, Cheez said:

Idk if this is what you mean or not, but if you manually deleted some files with the intention of validating your game files, you could try just doing the automatic way of right clicking on gmod in your steam library, properties, local files, verify integrity

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

18 hours ago, Forseen said:

How long do you stay on the server when this issue happens? Usually this happens to most players when joining the server as it is waiting for the database to pull your information and usually fixes itself after a few minutes. Have you been on where this has lasted longer than say 10 minutes in one go?

Issue started since i joined the server day 1, first sign was when i needed to relog was that my name never saved  after everything has loaded in

2 hours ago, Cheez said:

Issue started since i joined the server day 1, first sign was when i needed to relog was that my name never saved  after everything has loaded in

I would think it could be a client side thing but I belive foreseen is right it could be that when you join DB can't associate steamid or pull right resulting in this issue I would think best way to solve it trial and error hope that helps 

Banned
7 hours ago, Cheez said:

Let's go down the list one by one and see if any of these will resolve your issue:
Remember, each fix you try must be tested properly, i.e. loading in and changing your name, then disconnecting

Section 1:
Garry's mod settings

I haven't seen anyone in this post pitch it so far, so I will just flat out say you need to reinstall your game.
There's no harm in it, if you're really concerned then just backup your addon folder at the most. This is the gateway to the rest of this guide, as if your game still does not cooperate after reinstalling, then you can go through the other options here.

If that did not work, let's go to our library and look for Garry's Mod. Once you find it, right click the game and select "Properties".
Firstly, ensure Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Garry's Mod is checked if you have the game stored on your cloud, as mentioned below in the Cloud options.

pq2qaat.png

Next, the updates tab. Make sure your game is set to both of the options displayed below.
l9uMted.png

Next, the Betas tab. Do not use any beta version except for either Default gmod or x86-64.
AmLUXfl.png

Section 2: Steam settings
In steam, there are a select few options that could possibly handle some data related issues with the information your are both receiving and sending when joining.
First, let's start with the settings page. Open this up in the top left drop down on steam. Next, go to the Account settings, which should open by default.
There are two options here that could be a likely cause of certain issues, but not likely anything related to yours. Regardless, since we are troubleshooting, ensure you are on the base version of steam, and you do not have this box checked at the bottom. It is explained what it does in the image below.

MOmnYQ9.png

Next, the In-Game settings. Nothing here is too important, except for the last option. Please ensure this is set to Default, as you do not want to limit the connection information you are sending to the server.
Vd1pTzu.png

Next, the Downloads tab. Again, nothing too important here, these are all typically more personal preference. However, it is better safe than sorry to have Allow downloads during gameplay tuned on.
JFQMtT7.png

Next, the Cloud tab. This could arguably make a difference depending on quite a few factors. For starters, ensure this is enabled. If it already is, disable it and see the results.
DGHtB3H.png

Section 3: External/3rd party
This ones pretty dead to rights easy, please make sure you're not using any VPNs that alter information in any way, at least just for this testing. If it proves fruitful that it was your VPN, then the choice is yours on if you wish to contain your privacy within it or not.

Secondly, make sure you do not utilize any other means of joining the server other than the in game browser or the steam browser.

Thirdly, please ensure none of your hardware devices are interfering with the game in any way. Example being, Nvidia has multiple choice options that could possibly hinder how your game is receiving data, but this is unlikely. Despite that, it's still good to give them a look.

Please inform us how the process goes, hopefully we can get you up and kicking again!

• 2 weeks later...
Banned
On 2/14/2022 at 1:23 AM, Cheez said:

Welp have tried, still hasnt worked

If you have tried everything listed above, then there is nothing more to tie this to than an isolated client incident.
Unfortunately, this is beyond our control, as it would require countless hours of digging through files just to verify multiple factors revolving around the situation. Seeing as this issue has never been reported prior, that's a large task to take on for something we may not even be able to fix.

The only thing I could recommend if none of those steps worked is to reinstall steam as a whole, but that is completely up to your hand on whether or not you wish to back up any valued content or otherwise large games, and there's no guarantee that'd even do anything for you.

• 1 month later...
Forum Admin

Question Answered

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums