Synergy Lore Event sheet complete

Brian-Limmon

Just noticed this hadn't been posted here yet, this is a sheet with all of the upcoming lore events we'll be running over the next year or so.

You can check at the bottom all of the tallies each battalion has for events, as well as lists of all of the specific "event series" containing different events that are all connected to each other.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xem-cX01ecG1t0P95u0-lpNhUJnhj4TN5G5aFLyPPXU/edit?usp=sharing

• Informative 2

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

501st getting more then double everyone else :Pepega:

spacer.png

Just a little note, perhaps deploy battalions even if they shouldn't be their in lore, and have them change jobs to the battalion that should be their. Using this you can hopefully deploy every battalion about equally so no one gets left out! Obviously this doesn't work for all events (like ones that are Delta Squad, TC, or some other small specific group only, but can be used for the big ones for sure!

• Agree 5

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

501st getting more then double everyone else :Pepega:

spacer.png

Just a little note, perhaps deploy battalions even if they shouldn't be their in lore, and have them change jobs to the battalion that should be their. Using this you can hopefully deploy every battalion about equally so no one gets left out! Obviously this doesn't work for all events (like ones that are Delta Squad, TC, or some other small specific group only, but can be used for the big ones for sure!

We already have deployed battalions that weren't there in lore for certain events lol, before we filled in the blanks of the events like the ones from BF2 2017 where no specific battalion was present, the tallies looked something like this:

https://imgur.com/Z6hfM3uhttps://imgur.com/Z6hfM3u

The remaining events were filled in very specifically to ensure that each battalion (bar the bottom 4 due to their unique style) all get a fair slice of the pie, with *relatively* equal, fairly spread out lore events across the timeline so no battalion will ever go a significant amount of events without getting their turn and feeling left out.

If you didn't expect 501st to have the most lore events in general you didn't go into this with a realistic expectation lol, the way the battalions are currently spread out ensures we aren't just running the same event x amount of times to pad out the numbers so that other battalions can "catch up" with 501st just to have a similar number to them and everyone gets a fair slice of the action without any battalions having to miss out on their own specific pieces of lore just to pad out the numbers for other battalions that, in the long run, would be more missed by the original battalion than appreciated by the substitute battalion.

• Dumb 1

Forum Admin

Bacta always hyped your events up so I'm looking forward to these events, very nice doc aswell

• Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

2 hours ago, Brian-Limmon said:

spread out ensures we aren't just running the same event x amount of times to pad out the numbers

You don't need to run the same event multiple times, just deploy other battalion with the 501st and put them on 501st jobs.

• Disagree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

You don't need to run the same event multiple times, just deploy other battalion with the 501st and put them on 501st jobs.

Which events would you do that for?

All the ones that are solely 501st are either minor enough that it's really only specifically important to 501st or is too small scale to be anything other than a 1 battalion event.

Also, you need to consider the fact that each battalions number in the tally doesn't equate to an event thats just for them. There are 66 events in total, meaning that with the other battalions averaging at just under 15 events each, they get to participate in a quarter of every single event in the entire series. 501st get to participate in half. People aren't missing out on events just because the 501st get more on average.

Just throwing people into random events alongside 501st isn't going to increase peoples overall enjoyment for the series as much as it is just statpadding at that point

Edited by Brian-Limmon

24 minutes ago, Brian-Limmon said:

just statpadding at that point

Its not about statpadding, its about making sure people aren't getting left out, we have a whole player base and the majority of them getting deployed half as much leads to droughts in other battalions. I've seen it time and time again, the battalions that get deployed more have higher activity numbers. Trying to ensure that it isn't a 2:1 (and for some even almost a 3:1) ratio of deployments isn't much to ask for here. Not everyone needs the same amount but this ratio will just gear more activity to a already well off battalion due to its position in lore.

And again, please read this because i think you're missing it in my last post: you're not just throwing random people into the event,

put the other battalion being deployed on a 501st whitelist to keep lore consistency. This is something that is totally fine to do and has been done many times in the past. This is how you keep it accurate without leaving as many battalions out. Adding 5 more people from one of the smaller battalions to a 501st event wont tip the scales, and being included in a battalion that is often forgotten about in lue of the 501st/212ths star power means the world to them.

Edited by Conrad
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

6 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Its not about statpadding, its about making sure people aren't getting left out, we have a whole player base and the majority of them getting deployed half as much leads to droughts in other battalions. I've seen it time and time again, the battalions that get deployed more have higher activity numbers. Trying to ensure that it isn't a 2:1 ratio of deployments isn't much to ask for here. Not everyone needs the same amount but this ratio will just gear more activity to a already well off battalion due to its position in lore.

And again, please read this because i think you're missing it in my last post: you're not just throwing random people into the event,

put the other battalion being deployed on a 501st whitelist to keep lore consistency. This is something that is totally fine to do and has been done many times in the past.

Again, which events would this be done for?

There are 7 events that are 501st only, so divying them up evenly between all 8 other battalions, even if we threw in 2 extra batts on 501st whitelists per event would just add 2 more events that each battalion gets to partake in out of 60 which, in the grand scheme of things, is insignificant in any way other than just, well, statpadding. Every other 501st event already has another battalion present even if we had to stretch the lore a bit to do so. The majority of the events 501st are present at with another battalion are either really small scale or really specific to 501st and the other battalion present to the point that adding other people could both take away from those battalions feeling like they're getting their event that is "special" to them in lore and mess up what the planned scale of the event would be.

I know it may seem like a simple solution, but great care was taken when planning out this sheet and where each battalion fits into it. As I said 501st absolutely dominated the numbers initially if we did the totally lore accurate thing but what we have right now is a really nice middle ground as, even though the way the tally is laid out may be a bit deceiving with it just adding up each battalions participation in *an* event, rather than an event that is unique to them, the spread is really even across the board in terms of the portion each battalion gets to partake in as well as how spread out their events are. At this point the only real concern is just 501st getting more than other people rather than people missing out on what their due. Like, if 15 events were just taken off and every battalion including 501st had 15 events each, I know for a fact that there wouldn't be any issue in a lot of peoples eyes, but because 501st have *more* it creates the impression that other people have *less* which, I can totally understand why you'd be thinking along those lines, but I am very confident that when we get down to actually doing this thing, people aren't going to feel bummed out or anything just because one battalion gets more than the rest, a lot of people might not even have taken much note in it if it weren't for this sheet.

10 minutes ago, Brian-Limmon said:

people aren't going to feel bummed out or anything just because one battalion gets more than the rest, a lot of people might not even have taken much note in it if it weren't for this sheet.

As someone who has been around a bit, Its definitely something that has been felt previously for people, and why I bring up my concern to help potentially see it not happen again. I can think of numerous times of battalions bringing up concerns because they don't get deployed as much as the "big batts". Its not fun to resign to the fact that you're just less then someone else because you picked a different color armor then someone else.

For how to fix it, I got some idea's let me know when you're back in TS. Much easier to explain in voice.

spacer.pngspacer.png