BCMD+ to move VA's

Guac

Forum Admin
Name: Guac | BCMD Gregor

Suggestion: Allow the BCMD tag to move VA's.

Where would this be implemented?: In teamspeak.

How would this benefit the TeamSpeak/Community?: Simply a quality of life change.

Have you asked for Feedback from others about this suggestion?: No, but I have viewed a previous suggestion made by Spaghetti and I believe that this would offer as a good alternative.

Briefly explain why this should be implemented?: 

I understand that VA's are respected members of the community. 
However, I think BCMD's should have utmost authority within their channel's. 
If there is a VA they either don't want, is AFK, or need pulled down to a seperate channel, they cannot. 
This is an issue for me personally. 
I don't think it is that much to ask that a Battalion Commander, 
who went through application and interview, 
gaining community and High Staff support, 
gets to have access to move VA and below.
Edited by Guac
Wack ass formatting.
  • Dumb 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Forum Admin
19 minutes ago, Conrad said:

@Guac
Would this power come from the BCMD tag, or from the channel admin powers?

5 minutes ago, Jovanovic said:

Assuming this is a channel admin thing, +1. Staff too OP

Uhh originally BCMD, but if community finds it more convient, channel admin. STILL FINE WITH VA’S BYPASSING PASSWORDS THO

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

6 minutes ago, Guac said:

Uhh originally BCMD, but if community finds it more convient, channel admin. STILL FINE WITH VA’S BYPASSING PASSWORDS THO

So im skeptical with BCMD being able to move VAs. At the moment, even regimental commanders cant move new admins. This would be a very, very large leap. There's a lot of pros and cons there, and there's 0 shot founders would go for it from my experiences. I'd rec sticking with channel admin

Goodbye, everyone. 

1 minute ago, Jovanovic said:

So im skeptical with BCMD being able to move VAs. At the moment, even regimental commanders cant move new admins.

It sounds only logical to allow the tags higher up in the hierarchy then BCMD to have at least the same powers as it. But if we make it channel admin specific then BCMD's only have the power in their channels, and not the rest of the TS. I think I like that more TBH.

• Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Forum Admin

Kinda agree with Channel Admins moving VAs, but theres been like 3 suggestions for this to be made and got denied like every time. Then again VAs SHOULD be "responsible" enough to just leave a channel when asked or not join if not needed like everyone else. 

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

43 minutes ago, Conrad said:

It sounds only logical to allow the tags higher up in the hierarchy then BCMD to have at least the same powers as it. But if we make it channel admin specific then BCMD's only have the power in their channels, and not the rest of the TS. I think I like that more TBH.

that's only possible through channel groups. ts server groups dont have a permission to limit their abilities to specific channels. hence its a channel admin thing atm. i think youre sayin the same thing, just clarifying. 

@Forseen:dumb:

Goodbye, everyone. 

I'm fine with either option, its frustrating not being able to move most people when i'm in the senate channels, especially when its senate selections +1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

I remember when this was suggested and the solution was to give the VA tag channel key. I see no reasons VAs should have powers in a channel higher than a BCMD or Channel Admin

I think it's aggravating as a BCMD not being able to move certain staff cause I see no reason they should hold that power in my TS channel but HA+ kinda have an excuse being high staff, VAs don't have that justification and are far more numerous.

+1

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

2 hours ago, Forseen said:

Imagine people that run the server having perms. Sounds dumb to me.

His point is that a new admin can't be moved by a regimental commander. If you think a new admin contributes more to the server than a regimental commander then the server is doomed

+1 For Channel Admin though

Spoiler

the last part was a joke

• Winner 1

🌓🌙

BCMD tag has zero move power currently. Channel Admin has 58. So is the general consensus in favor of Channel Admin recieving it over the bcmd tag itself? (Keep in mind im not saying we're doing it but would like to make sure of some things.)

Also if people are having an issue with people not leaving or such and such, you do have the ability to kick them out of the channel. Channel rules apply and if people are bugging ya and breaking rules to be a nuisance, a Liaison, HA+ or myself is most likely always available. 

spacer.png

+1, obviously we could just simply ask them to leave, most of the time they will, but in the off chance they dont I would like this to be a thing so I can just "cut the fat" and get it done in a timely matter to finish what i gotta do. 

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

The Battalion Commander tag will not be recieving the move power as i think the purpose of this post was more directed towards specific channels. I will be looking into changing something with the channel admin channel group so that it stays in those specific channels at any rate.

A Friendly reminder that channel admin has the ability to kick people out all the same. The kick power is high enough to target NA to VA. If you have issues with HA's(As an example) Just contact a director+, liaison or myself and we'll handle it.

Will update later on any changes to Channel Admin channel group.

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 1

spacer.png