Giving Back To ARF

EmBark

Name OOC: EmBark

Rp Name: Boomer 

RP Rank: SGM

Suggestion: Giving ARF something unique so troopers would want to join.

Implementation: Give ARF either Thermal Detonator, and/or Smoke Grenade.

Lore: ARF carried Thermal Detonators on them.

Workshop content if applicable: N/A its already in the server.
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: ARF (all)

Slots: N/A

Description: N/A

Model: N/A
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: rw_sw_nade_thermal and/or rw_sw_nade_smoke
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other: The reasoning for requesting this change is due to the lack of ARF. People flock to what they feel like have something no one else can get. (Heavy Ordnance has a rocket Launcher with the tracking ability.) If we give ARF something unique it would provide people wanting to join. Snipers can be purchased from the armory which makes ARF not as important any more. I would like to see people start flocking to ARF equally as they do everything else. Pilots get priority ships, heavy gunners get there Z6 and the ability to go into Heavy Ordnance. Medics get the ability to heal in battle. ARF get a sniper which is something most people already have. 

I am however fine with only receiving one of the two. The thermal would have been something they would've had lore wise (since they can't have their rocket). However the smoke seems more beneficial in RP purpose and would assist in making some great recon.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. As well as if you, yourself have any suggestions. 

Edited by EmBark
Had to add im open to suggestions from other players :)
  • Agree 1

Current Ranks/Names Held: Torrent Company Captain Boomer (Resigned), Senior Senator Gume Saam

"Surround yourself with people that care about you. You're the reward. Don't go seeking for others approval. If someone disrespects your advice without hearing it out, cut them mfs out your life. They aren't worth your time."      ~ EmBark

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Personally I'm okay with this but ARF's have snipers which are unique

I understand that, but the snipers don't draw the attention that heavies get with their Z6, the medics with their medical sweps, pilots with air priority and armor dropping ability. When I became an ARFO i swore to revive the ARF specializations in all battalions.

Current Ranks/Names Held: Torrent Company Captain Boomer (Resigned), Senior Senator Gume Saam

"Surround yourself with people that care about you. You're the reward. Don't go seeking for others approval. If someone disrespects your advice without hearing it out, cut them mfs out your life. They aren't worth your time."      ~ EmBark

Thermal and smoke grenades are both perma weapons, also you literally are the only class that comes with a long ramged weapon as standard. If you want the sniper buffed that COULD be an option but would have to be within reason.

I thought this was gonna be a rocker launcher suggestion.

Also most clone troopers carried dets, it was fairly common practise to have them.

-1 at the moment 

• Agree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

-1 for Dets how ever if you Suggested making the Sniper to go from 100 damage to 150 I would +1 that in a Heart Beat

• Disagree 2

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Forum Admin

-1 Gonna have to pass on this one. I do agree ARF has lost its touch, I still feel like its unique but it's just not as popular as other regiments, and that will always happen. If this sniper was to get buffed then every other Sniper would also get tweaked. 

• Agree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Forum Admin

-1, I understand the point, however I dont believe this is the way of going about balancing.

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Heart is in the right place but I don't think adding perma-weapon types would achieve what you want. Thermal binos is a super interesting idea that would be cool. 

Honestly from me its a +1, I don't think this will actually get accepted simply cause of server stuff however the core of this idea is great.

• Agree 2

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

2 hours ago, KillJoy said:

-1 for Dets how ever if you Suggested making the Sniper to go from 100 damage to 150 I would +1 that in a Heart Beat

50 more damage makes it the best sniper in the game save only the 1 shot NT. You'd have to buff other guns to compensate. No thank you.

Damage calcs:

DC-15X Sniper Damage - 185 RPM - 78 Clip Size - 6 DPS - 240.5

185 goes to 235 DPS. Thats a 305.5 DPS, beating all guns but mando rifle which is only saved by its 5th shot and a 350 mill gun.

Edited by Conrad
  • Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Thank you all for you valuable feed back. I appreciate you taking the time to let me hear your thoughts. I was thinking about seeing about adding in a grappling hook thats actually useable (grappling knife. Its not over powered and must be placed on a surface. However as i stated i didnt want to make any addon suggestions, not being well known in the community. Thank you all :)  

• Winner 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:30 PM, EmBark said:

Suggestion: Giving ARF something unique so troopers would want to join.

Implementation: Give ARF either Thermal Detonator, and/or Smoke Grenade.

Lore: ARF carried Thermal Detonators on them.

As the grenades are perma weapons. I doubt this will be accepted. However, i dont like the idea of a non-capped regiment that all battalions have having the ability to chuck grenades at will -1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:31 PM, Turtle said:

Personally I'm okay with this but ARF's have snipers which are unique

I think ARFs are very much outclassed just because most people can buy a sniper rifle that is 10x better the DC-15x. But The Grenades are perma weapons so -1, but still think about what I said before.

Edited by Slak

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

On 11/17/2021 at 5:17 AM, Gadget said:

Thermal and smoke grenades are both perma weapons, also you literally are the only class that comes with a long ramged weapon as standard. If you want the sniper buffed that COULD be an option but would have to be within reason.

I thought this was gonna be a rocker launcher suggestion.

Also most clone troopers carried dets, it was fairly common practise to have them.

-1 at the moment 

All I'm saying that after afking on the server for like a week you can buy a better sniper rifle than the DC-15x from the vendor so it doesn't really make the 15x that special, but I agree that it should be a buff and not be giving a perma weapon would be better.

Also sadly I will have to -1, I think a buff would be a better choice then giving ARF's a 'nade.

Edited by Kortnul

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

spacer.png