Papa Kal's Return

Guac

Forum Admin

Name: Guac

RP Rank: Battalion Commander

Suggestion: Replace Gregor with Kal Skirata as RC BCMD.

Implementation

As of now, Gregor has little to no fit within Republic Commandos as is. The RP seems incredibly forced as he has no previous interaction with any member of RC. While I love Gregor as a character, he provides little to no benefits towards the Republic Commandos besides being just that... a Republic Commando. While squads have interactions between each other, Gregor has virtually no abliity and room for interaction with the squads. This leaves RC with a disconnect between it's RC members and BCMD. In addition to this, RC's never truly "controlled" nor "commanded" other RC's outside of their squad; this in contrast with the fact that Kal commanded Omega and Delta in lore.

This bringing me to Kal. Kal provides a plethora of RP for RC interaction in game. All of Omega were inducted to Kal Skirata's clan/family, they serve as brother's in arms with their Mandalorian heritage.; as all RC's have Mandalorian training, this would also provide even more support. Kal Skirata, whilst not having Null in base (nor do I have ANY intention to re-add them), was still known as a figurehead within SOBDE.

While yes, the battalion is called "Republic Commandos", I firmly believe that the addition of Kal Skirata will not impact our Battalion in any negative way. In fact if anything, lessening the confusion as to why Gregor, leader of Foxtrot Group, is leading all RC's. 

The idea that we only prioritize characters recognized from any movie / show / game, is a bit disengenious. As we do have Keller's Unit, Improcco Company, Omega Squad, Havoc Squad, etc. 

It is not a matter of balancing, it is a matter of the job of BCMD being Gregor, not working in any fashion of roleplay or engagement with the other battalion characters. Whole I can operate as a BCMD behind the scenes, I truly believe I deserve the ability to roleplay with my battalion in a positive and engaging manner.

Lore: Kal Skirata, born Falin Mattran—sometimes called Kal'buir (Mando'a for "Papa Kal") by the clone commandos that he trained— was a Human male Mandalorian instructor who trained clone commandos in the Grand Army of the Republic during the time of the Separatist Crisis

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kal_Skirata

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change, new title "Kal Skirata"
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: rc_commander

Slots: 1

Description: Kal Skirata, born Falin Mattran—sometimes called Kal'buir (Mando'a for "Papa Kal") by the clone commandos that he trained— was a Human male Mandalorian instructor who trained clone commandos in the Grand Army of the Republic during the time of the Separatist Crisis.

Model: models/jajoff/sps/jlmbase/characters/kalskirata.mdl
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons

rw_sw_westarm5

rw_sw_dual_westar35

rw_sw_iqa11c (Verpine shatter gun)

sent_boosterpack (NOT NEEDED, NOR IMPORTANT TO THIS SUGGESTION)

(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR ELABORATIONS FEEL FREE TO POST OR DM ME @ Guac#5363

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1, I understand the want to have it be all RC but it just doesn't work with SOBDE's lore

the leaders of seperate groups was always a mando advisor so it feels weird seeing Gregor or fucking HOPE squad orange leading them

• Agree 3

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• Management

+1

Never agreed with the forced change but I doubt this will happen tbh lol. Good luck 

Actually tempted to -1 I ain't finna have another BCMD with a jetpack and I don't have one 

Edited by Marvel
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Retired Founder

This was something that we, as a founder team, had decided would never be happening when we negotiated with the people that were leading the battalion at the time - Both Metro & Luther agreed to this as per their request of multiple additions that this was the condition.

I technically should be automatically denying this due to the above reasoning, however I will leave the suggestion here for the time being and instead request @Guac to please come have a conversation with the founder team about, not just how this would work but the other compromises that have been made by the past BCMDs so you understand them also.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1

-1 what forseen said, also kal was the BCMD character if that makes it better for like a week before they changed it. 

Edited by KillJoy
  • Confused 6

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

7 hours ago, KillJoy said:

-1 what forseen said, also he was BCMD for like a week before they changed it

We had cyan as reg before the change then metro as BCMD and then Luther? I know this because I was there before the change and when the change happened so idk what your talkin bout

Certified Giga Chad

Forum Admin
9 hours ago, KillJoy said:

-1 what forseen said, also kal was the BCMD character if that makes it better for like a week before they changed it. 

There may be a bit of confusion here /or miscommunication.

With Metro being the first RC BCMD, founders lobbied for the ENTIRE battalion to be Republic Commando's. Including of course the BCMD. There were conversations back and forth, most of which didn't involve the will or thought of the battalion, rather just the BCMD. While we attempted to make an RC character BCMD work for around 4 months now, it just doesn't. Hope that clears things up.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1, we have all the assets to make it happen, so let’s give the people what they want. It makes sense to have Kal leading SOBDE imo, rather then Gregor. I get the need to have it completely be commandos, but Kal should at the very least, be a skin option on the job if they want to use it. Good luck with the suggestion boys

• Confused 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

• Retired Founder
2 hours ago, Guac said:

There may be a bit of confusion here /or miscommunication.

With Metro being the first RC BCMD, founders lobbied for the ENTIRE battalion to be Republic Commando's. Including of course the BCMD. There were conversations back and forth, most of which didn't involve the will or thought of the battalion, rather just the BCMD.

This information is completely false and from the perspective of one person not everyone involved. Please don't false spread information like this :(

The conversations were a lot more intricate and thought out than you make them seem and Metro had a LOT of say in what was put into the RC battalion and most of it was us agreeing...
The removal of Null was an idea given to the founders (and Kal was included in this idea) by the RC at the time alongside the agreement that they would never be added back into the server again as it would be backwards development and we'd have to re-add (from scratch) everything we had for NULL that was deleted.

• Winner 1
  • Confused 1
Forum Admin
10 minutes ago, Forseen said:

This information is completely false and from the perspective of one person not everyone involved. Please don't false spread information like this :(

The conversations were a lot more intricate and thought out than you make them seem and Metro had a LOT of say in what was put into the RC battalion and most of it was us agreeing...
The removal of Null was an idea given to the founders (and Kal was included in this idea) by the RC at the time alongside the agreement that they would never be added back into the server again as it would be backwards development and we'd have to re-add (from scratch) everything we had for NULL that was deleted.

Sorry typing is not my forte and I may of not articulated correctly. In no way did I mean to insinuate that the communication FOUNDER side was lacking.

As far as I was made aware by those before me, Metro and the Founder team had discussions about what was to be done with the battalion as a whole. The removal of Null and addition of Omega was the ONLY thing brought to the battalion at the time. All of RC nearly unanimously agreed that we did not want Null, and we still don't. However, there were changes and addition made in post without the acknowledgement or understanding of the battalion (we have already spoken directly with the founder team and it is resolved). I believe that these changes made in such a fragile state, shouldn't alter the course and trajectory of RC's in it's entirety. This coming as 2 BCMD's post change, recognize it's haste, and want Kal back. I understand your point of backwards development and how that is in almost all cases a BIG no no. However, I do believe that this is a change that in an experimental period, should be taken into consideration when it comes too the health and entertainment of RC's.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Someones gonna come along in a couple monthes and be like no I wanna be Gregor and then spend their term getting kal switched.

Its dumb.

Theres a simple solution in adding the kal model to the job so everyone has what they want, and the ideal behind "Oh lets remove the models from the job" Are dumb.

In saying that you're basically saying m Y o P i N i O n is the correct one and every BCMD will share it after me. 

If you wanna be kal as bcmd which doesn't make sense to begin with because Null is gone and 10000000000000000 other logical reasons just add the models and keep the other ones instead of taking away rp to add a small portion of rp.

Doesn't make sense to me.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 2
  • Dumb 3

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Forum Admin
1 hour ago, Taz said:

What if Kal was added as a skin for RC BCMD like there’s Gregor and Climber?

1 hour ago, Craigary said:

Someones gonna come along in a couple monthes and be like no I wanna be Gregor and then spend their term getting kal switched.

Its dumb.

Theres a simple solution in adding the kal model to the job so everyone has what they want, and the ideal behind "Oh lets remove the models from the job" Are dumb.

In saying that you're basically saying m Y o P i N i O n is the correct one and every BCMD will share it after me. 

If you wanna be kal as bcmd which doesn't make sense to begin with because Null is gone and 10000000000000000 other logical reasons just add the models and keep the other ones instead of taking away rp to add a small portion of rp.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Hey, so to group the point y'all made, I believe asking for multiple BCMD skins would be asking too much to be honest. I believe to only be fair, this is a "take one leave the other" kind of situation, as that was the deal when we received Omega Light Ops.

As for your response Craig,

"Someone's gonna come along in a couple months and be like no I wanna be Gregor and then spend their term getting kal switched."

While someone may do that, the points within this suggestion aren't just invalidated. Gregor does not have any reason to be within 05 without Foxtrot, nor does he fit in any form of "command" position. If a BCMD decides to do so, I cannot stop them.

"In saying that you're basically saying m Y o P i N i O n is the correct one and every BCMD will share it after me. "

Read above

"If you wanna be kal as bcmd which doesn't make sense to begin with because Null is gone and 10000000000000000 other logical reasons just add the models and keep the other ones instead of taking away rp to add a small portion of rp."

To break this down.

1.) Kal was not BOUND to Null, there were missions in which he was commanding squads at a time. He had a MUCH broader range of influence.

2.) It is a bit disingenuous to say "taking away rp to add a small portion of rp". I made this suggestion for the battalion, myself, and every other BCMD after me. At this point, if you read the suggestion and the replies of many SOBDE members, this character provides little to no RP opportunity with the WHOLE battalion. I can assure you, this is an incredibly BIG portion of our RP.

Edited by Guac
  • Winner 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

1 hour ago, Guac said:

While someone may do that, the points within this suggestion aren't just invalidated. Gregor does not have any reason to be within 05 without Foxtrot, nor does he fit in any form of "command" position. If a BCMD decides to do so, I cannot stop them.

Kal has the same amount of reason lmao 

Everyone can use common sense to dictate, Kal - someone who would've been doing those epic adventures with his sons, and saving walon at this point. 

Its like, you're taking something that was a far grab such as Foxtrot Group Lead - Gregor, being the RC BCMD

And using another far grab, Kal Skirata as a fix to the problem.

Edited by Craigary
  • Dumb 2

GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Forum Admin
1 minute ago, Craigary said:

Kal has the same amount of reason lmao 

If you scroll to section 1.3 Clone Wars within this Wookiepedia page, you would see that in MULTIPLE occasions, Kal serves as either an Advisory / Command role to 2/3 squads within SOBDE. In direct parallel with Gregor, having interacted with 0 of these Squads, nor serving in a command role of any of them. 

This above, coupled with the broader text within my suggestion gives a pretty clear picture as to why Kal has a much larger "amount of reason lmao".

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Just now, Guac said:

If you scroll to section 1.3 Clone Wars within this Wookiepedia page, you would see that in MULTIPLE occasions, Kal serves as either an Advisory / Command role to 2/3 squads within SOBDE. In direct parallel with Gregor, having interacted with 0 of these Squads, nor serving in a command role of any of them. 

This above, coupled with the broader text within my suggestion gives a pretty clear picture as to why Kal has a much larger "amount of reason lmao".

Aside from the fact He was never recognized as a leader, in 05 , there for all that means nothing especially since Gregor was put in charge of 2 seperate squads, (D & Foxtrot) Within the SO BDE itself, which in turn is the same amount of leadership as kal had? Omegalul 

Its a reach. And an unnecessary change

2 minutes ago, Craigary said:

Aside from the fact He was never recognized as a leader, in 05 , there for all that means nothing especially since Gregor was put in charge of 2 seperate squads, (D & Foxtrot) Within the SO BDE itself, which in turn is the same amount of leadership as kal had? Omegalul 

"Kal requested that Delta and Omega Squads return to Arca company barracks for leave to secretly investigate the recent terrorist act."
"Kal, along with Delta and Omega, began uncovering what was believed to be a Separatist plot"
"Omega decided to desert with Kal Skirata"
"Sgt. Kal Skirata (their field trainer Cuy'val Dar) also known as Kal'buir which means Papa Kal."  (This is Omega squad btw"

Certified Giga Chad

Forum Admin
3 minutes ago, Craigary said:

D squad :Pepega: (all jokes)

Again, my point being as previously mentioned, is that Gregor didn't have any interactions, nor would lead small formed squads such as Delta, Omega, and BB. While in direct comparison, Kal did (besides BB but they didn't talk with anyone).

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Forum Admin

After a VERY long conversation with all of Community Leadership, we have come to a compromise and have decided to VOID this suggestion. Thank you all who expressed their opinions!

@Jad 
<3

• Friendly 1
  • Pay Respect 4
  • Confused 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been VOIDED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

• Informative 1