Main server history

I only recently joined this community like 10 months ago. I personally have a passion project I’d like to work on in the gm team but I’ve hear some concerning things from synergy history.  

What times can you remember that Synergy had a map change and swapped maps on main (temporarily) or conducted a full server deployment to the event server that lasted longer than just a few hours?

I have a big dream that I’ve been trying to thoroughly and fully plan out but want to hear first from you guys about what you all think about a concept similar to this. If it’s been done before in Synergy history I’d like to hear from y’all what was good about it and what sucked ass about it as well. 

From my experience just by simply changing the scenery a bit to a new map alone can jumpstart activity on a server during a time of inactivity.

I'm trying to search for ways to bring entertainment constantly outside of just doing normal events on main and bigger events on the ES. 

Edited by Dono
  • Winner 1

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, Conrad said:

This is just another "we should change maps" post isn't it.

No it’s not, not at all. I’m just genuinely curious about synergy history and can only learn by asking around you old farts. 

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Dono said:

No it’s not, not at all.

I'm just meming with the server trand RN being map complaining. If you wanna know a decent layout I was playing late 2017-late 2018, then took a break till early 2020 till about till now with a couple month break late 2020/early 2021.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Honestly, large scale battles are your friends if you want something large and entertaining and if you can mix in RP and war crimes it’ll be good, that’s what I would do when I had time to host long events and incorporate some type of story if possible

• Informative 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

Hosted of a few of these myself back when I was GMC prior to the the first time I got director. 

I think I used that Jedi V Sith map and had mini missions on each planet, was kinda cool. Lasted multiple hours including a finale on the main server. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

British

I remember the 12 hour event that I believe Joah hosted between the event server & main server. That was fun tbh and we got to experience many different scenarios. 

Also, the Sith Faction events were kinda pog when we did have Sith.

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 2

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

What is the general consensus on a full server deployment where the main server map changed for a day and throughout the day there would be deployments for each battalion onto the event server in relation to the main server storyline? Would you guys be interested in doing something like this and possibly even something as long as week in a similar format?

Something like this would obviously undergo an extensive amount of preplanning within the gm team and the planning would deeply involve each BCMD, REGL and faction leader to properly set up for everyone. So if we ignore the possibility of things being poorly planned would you actually be interested in seeing something bigger like this from the GM team?

@Taz

@Conrad

@Unkindled

@Piff

@Freck

@Baelfire

@Finn

@Hanz

@Pxnda

Edited by Dono

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Dono said:

What is the general consensus on a full server deployment where the main server map changed for a day and throughout the day there would be deployments for each battalion onto the event server in relation to the main server storyline? Would you guys be interested in doing something like this and possibly even something as long as week in a similiar format?

I think you need a really good idea to justify forcing the whole server into an event for that long. We've had long events but stretching to a whole day or even a week needs some good justification.
You need a lot of very skilled GMs who are all on the same page about ideas, which is completely possible but would probably take a while to set up.

If that shit is just as boring as sitting around anaxes all day there was no point in doing it in the first place. 
This honestly sounds like a round-about way of doing a map rotations in the guise of a very very long event

Do 2 days at the most, anything beyond that is really stretching the meaning of "event"

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

2 minutes ago, Comics said:

I think you need a really good idea to justify forcing the whole server into an event for that long. We've had long events but stretching to a whole day or even a week needs some good justification.
You need a lot of very skilled GMs who are all on the same page about ideas, which is completely possible but would probably take a while to set up.

If that shit is just as boring as sitting around anaxes all day there was no point in doing it in the first place. 
This honestly sounds like a round-about way of doing a map rotations in the guise of a very very long event

Do 2 days at the most, anything beyond that is really stretching the meaning of "event"

Yeah it would definitely need to be preplanned out so that there is almost consistently something going on. I would not push something like this if people would just sit around for more than 1-2 hours doing absolutely nothing on a different map. My hope for something like this would be something chugging every 1-2 hours either on main or event server. The event server deployments would also be planned out as part of the main deployment with some time slots allowed for non main related events to occur. 

The project would take an immense amount of planning and coordination within the GM team but I still think its very possibly for it to occur if theres a push for it among the players. Hence why I started this post to survey what players thought of it.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Turtle said:

Do it

If more than two people say they interested in it I might be able to push for it more in the gm leadership team and have more ground to stand on. Won’t implement something that’s takes this much work without a large support for it on the player side. 

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say do it if I had a way to play. Sadly life has prevented me from ever replacing my pc. I was just visiting when I last replied lol. 

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander