Jedi Suggestion's Denial

Forum Admin

Question: Why was the Even Peill and Delta-7 suggestions denied?

Comments/Concerns: #FoundersHateJedi (jk im just curious)

Staff Member you're asking: @Forseen

Additional info: nah

πŸŽ€ Β π™΅πšŠπš›πš πš‚πš–πšŽπš•πš•πšŠ Β πŸŽ€
<3

• Retired Founder

Bruh, if you had of given us some time to finish going over everything, I would have added onto most of the posts :(

Delta-7
This was denied as we already have a large amount of LFS vehicles on the server at the current time and we already have the ETA fighters that are strictly Jedi use only and adding another Jedi only vehicle set isn't something that we're exactly content with at the current time, this was discussed and unanimously agreed upon by all four Founders and Maxwells that this wasn't needed at this time.

Even Peill
Even Peill was denied due to the fact that his model is broken, in that I mean, when he died, his ragdoll doesn't behave normally and could cause issues on the server if it interacts negatively with parts of the map and could cause unwanted crashing of the server.

On top of this, a decision was made by the founders, again unanimously, Jedi model changes require a Jedi model to be removed, and we have decided that a Jedi that is to be removed cannot be one that was on the council. This decision was made based off of past trends that when a member of the council is removed from the server, they are inevitably resuggested and require to be readded to the server and thus would cause backwards development. The suggestion requested for Adi Gallia to be removed and she was a member of the council.

• Disagree 2
  • Winner 1
Forum Admin
46 minutes ago, Forseen said:

Delta-7
This was denied as we already have a large amount of LFS vehicles on the server at the current time and we already have the ETA fighters that are strictly Jedi use only and adding another Jedi only vehicle set isn't something that we're exactly content with at the current time, this was discussed and unanimously agreed upon by all four Founders and Maxwells that this wasn't needed at this time.

Ok, I have an issue with this line of thought. Currently if you think about it, Jedi have really only 1 vehicle they can use, the ETA. All other vehicles are used by, almost always, exclusively clones. There would be no reason for a Jedi to be driving a LAAT to a destination when there are able bodied pilots able to do the job. This meaning, that when flying, Jedi get 1 thing... the ETA.

TL;DR:Β Considering every other republic vehicle is a clone "exclusive", I believe it isn't much to ask for another vehicle for Jedi.
Β 

Β 

52 minutes ago, Forseen said:

Even Peill
Even Peill was denied due to the fact that his model is broken, in that I mean, when he died, his ragdoll doesn't behave normally and could cause issues on the server if it interacts negatively with parts of the map and could cause unwanted crashing of the server.

As far as Even Peill goes, I get it. I will not argue with people MUCH more knowledgeable than me about lag and server impact.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dumb 1

<3

• Retired Founder
3 minutes ago, Guac said:

Ok, I have an issue with this line of thought. Currently if you think about it, Jedi have really only 1 vehicle they can use, the ETA. All other vehicles are used by, almost always, exclusively clones. There would be no reason for a Jedi to be driving a LAAT to a destination when there are able bodied pilots able to do the job. This meaning, that when flying, Jedi get 1 thing... the ETA.

TL;DR:Β Considering every other republic vehicle is a clone "exclusive", I believe it isn't much to ask for another vehicle for Jedi.

This isn't a development issue though, this is something that can be changed through a simple conversation through server high command to allow jedi to utilize other vehicles rather than continuing to add content to the server to fix personnel & server cultural issues.

• Winner 1
Forum Admin
2 minutes ago, Forseen said:

This isn't a development issue though, this is something that can be changed through a simple conversation through server high command to allow jedi to utilize other vehicles rather than continuing to add content to the server to fix personnel & server cultural issues.

"...rather than continuing to add content to the server to fix personnel & server cultural issues."

If this is the new standard, I understand.

"...simple conversation through server high command..."

I think that it'sΒ a bit disingenuous to presume that HC will budge as to their clones having priority over flying Republic Vehicles. Is this a "cultural issue"... I guess? However I don't think the solution is letting Jedi pilot vehicles only clones were seen to pilot.

<3

5 minutes ago, Guac said:

I think that it'sΒ a bit disingenuous to presume that HC will budge as to their clones having priority over flying Republic Vehicles.

Hi. I just wanted to say that when I was setting up the ATC Program about a year ago as both Chief Flight Officer & ACE Lead myself and the Admiral of the Navy at the time were more than willing to allow Jedi to be trained for LAATs and the only reason that the ARC-170 & V-19 remained "Clone-Exclusive" was due to a general disinterest on behalf of Jedi Leadership to share the ETA-2 in return (I had some ideas for an Elite-Clone-Pilots program that would utilize the Eta-2 since it was the best vehicle by far at the time). It was generally agreed upon at the time that there were Clone Ships and Jedi Ships with the exception ofΒ the LAAT, but that was more of a Jedi-driven mindset as opposed to a Naval or High Command mindset. I don't believe you'd have many issues getting Jedi the right to fly the ARC-170 or V-19 or whatever if they wish, so long as Naval is included in the process so trainings can be updated and moderated accordingly.

I'd argue that from a gameplay perspective the reason that Jedi are discouraged from flying compared to Clone Pilots is that a single Jedi on the ground acting as a support unit using Force Heal & deflecting blaster bolts can make a big difference in a fight and that's really what most Jedi should be focusing on, but that's just me.Β 

• Informative 1
  • Retired Founder
45 minutes ago, Guac said:

If this is the new standard, I understand.

This has been the standard for almost a year now... We don't add things to fix problems created because of people restricting them as they are issues that can be resolved through conversation. This is a community and that requires communication.

46 minutes ago, Guac said:

I think that it'sΒ a bit disingenuous to presume that HC will budge as to their clones having priority over flying Republic Vehicles. Is this a "cultural issue"... I guess? However I don't think the solution is letting Jedi pilot vehicles only clones were seen to pilot.

I think it's disingenuous to presume that they wont without talking to them. The server doesn't strictly follow lore and if it did, Jedi wouldn't be flying any ships on main server at all as they only utilized starships for traveling or dogfighting in space and not really on planets, that was always a clone thing to do as Jedi were more useful on the ground.

• Winner 1

Honestly im too lazy to even read what forseen said. But here is the deal people already dont useΒ the existing vehicles as it is. Adding the delta will result in the same. You guys will use it for 2 weeks and then call it quits It is honestly no worth the effort to even put it and you guys already have ETA which I revamped some of the controls on. I am not saying it is not possible it is simply just not needed however Im always here to listen to the community if enough people do want it and message me about I guess I can switch the ETA with the Delta but both of them will not stay.Β 

Β 

Question Answered

• Winner 1

:FeelsDankMan:Β :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this