Anaxes Outlands

Dennis

Name: Dennis

RP Rank: BCMD 

Suggestion: Edit the current map, to introduce new aspects of the map to help bounty hunters, and make things have some distance.

Implementation: 1. Remove (endor or umbara) from the map, (possibly HMC overlook) 2. Implement what i call the anaxes "outlands" a series of interconnected canyons that expand the anaxes part of the map.

These canyons would open up in certian spot to have houses for bounty hunters to control and put them farther away from the republic. You can also relocate besh to a spot here to have it be on the fringe and a more contested outpost for events and things of that nature. To replace the current village one possibly made from the map could be added or made from props again, depending on what size is left in the map. There would be a goal to have 4 houses in the new spot and 1 or 2 for friendly clans in place of the old village, plus a spot for besh and a new village. Each canyon should be a bit bigger than an ATTE IMO (the size can be smaller or bigger in certian parts maybe) however i believe that this would add some needed distance to anaxes and not make it feel so cramped and give Bounty hunters some more breathing room to work with, along with making people want to join clans to control the houses on the server. The RP possibilities are endless and i believe can benefit the server.

Lore: Havoc Squad

Workshop content if applicable: Requires Development, if you need the cash to do it just put out another mando rifle gun ez pz. 

part1.jpg

This is out front of the base and would be the start of the first accessible ravine.

part2.jpg

This includes the new village location where the three ridges meet near aurek and the 2 other houses

part3.jpg

The final house on the farthest point from anything in the NW corner of the map, i know the drawings are scuffed but it gets the point accross
*side note, i spoke with guild leadership and they are ok with this*

• Winner 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Not that this couldn't be cool, but just from what I'm thinking about logistically. We havn't fixed the floating tree issue, or the floor glitching through in places. Or anything with the map. Would something like this even get done? Are the founder team even interested in spending the resources on our current map to improve it? Because if we havn't gotten even very small immersion breaking bugs fixed my hope isn't high for completely new additions to the map. Which just sucks that I have to say it like that honestly. I can kind of understand if its coming from a place of "we don't want to spend resources on this map before S&box map better", but if thats the case I'd really wish the community could be informed and not left in the dark about such an important thing.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 as a GM I have found Umbara to be the most difficult planet to work with on main. The terrain Lay-out honestly just doesn’t flow easily when constructing a main server event. I’m in full support of expanding Anaxes and maybe possibly adding some more skybox to Endor. I’d even say that maybe geo could loose some headspace and add more to Endor. I kind of miss having the listening post on the map, it really felt like Anaxes was more alive and not just the republic base. 

spacer.png

+1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

+1 but kinda mixed on it. I don't necessarily wanna lose another zone that is used for events but I'd like to expand Anaxes still because I agree that it feels pretty claustrophobic distance wise between all the different sections (Anaxes Fort, Aurek, Village, Crystal Caves). Like others said, if it came to it I'd personally rather lose Umbara than Endor. But I think that Conrad brings up good points above about if we'd even get these changes if everyone supported it. We still seem to have some minor things with the current Anaxes map (floating trees, weird hitboxes, etc.). If we could get some clarification from the founders if this is even going to happen or if it is dead on arrival, that would give me some hope for this suggestion.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

12 hours ago, Conrad said:

We havn't fixed the floating tree issue, or the floor glitching through in places. Or anything with the map.

My hope was to put up my bug report of all the broken shit to be used and fixed at a minimum, and i figured why not make some good changes to it as well.

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

I like the idea I miss having besh on anaxes. Umbara and endor aren't bad locations, but this sounds better. In general I'd say that if we change this, we should not limit another map version to just extending anaxes areas.

+1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

On 10/7/2021 at 10:13 AM, Willyworm1 said:

I like the idea I miss having besh on anaxes. Umbara and endor aren't bad locations, but this sounds better. In general I'd say that if we change this, we should not limit another map version to just extending anaxes areas.

+1

You have to remove at least one planet as the map is out of room to add more things, thats why one has to go.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1 I agree with things stated. Especially BH stuff

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Forum Admin

Dumb me all you want, but I want no more server time, resources, or development spent on this god forsaken map. Sorry to be blunt, but the less time we are here, the better. 

This is the Detroit of maps.
I will be playing on this updated version in my fucking nightmares.
This is the McDonalds Sprite of maps.
Feels like Christmas in the hood.
@comics

• Funny 3
  • Winner 2
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 2

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

36 minutes ago, Guac said:

Dumb me all you want, but I want no more server time, resources, or development spent on this god forsaken map. Sorry to be blunt, but the less time we are here, the better. 

This is the Detroit of maps.
I will be playing on this updated version in my fucking nightmares.
This is the McDonalds Sprite of maps.
Feels like Christmas in the hood.
@comics

He is not wrong, it seems people crash more often when high player pop and an event is going to the point no one can play. I know the Founder and Dev team look into every issue because they care about the server and the player base. But if we want a new map or changes that cost money, only way for changes is by people donating to the server. Am down to drop 100 on a new map. But adding on to this one is -1 from me. The map creator has some great work I think this map was rushed. 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

14 hours ago, KillJoy said:

He is not wrong, it seems people crash more often when high player pop and an event is going to the point no one can play. I know the Founder and Dev team look into every issue because they care about the server and the player base. But if we want a new map or changes that cost money, only way for changes is by people donating to the server. Am down to drop 100 on a new map. But adding on to this one is -1 from me. The map creator has some great work I think this map was rushed. 

Higher pop = more problems. I think the issue relies for that more server side then just on the map. We hit numbers above 80 and everyone's ping skyrockets. On other maps we use for events if you throw 80 ppl on it its even worse than just ping. I think anaxes is one of the best base maps that exist on gmod performance wise. You get very good stablility at numbers below 80 and high fps. A lot of other base maps dont provide that experience.

The only way to keep things from becoming stale is to move to conducting more frequent map changes to stimulate players with a new environment. Staring at the same mountain for a year every day will make you bored and uninterested. 

spacer.png

The outside of anaxes is not a problem, this map fucking blows cock hole cause the base is fucking boring.

This takes away from the real issue of anaxes: it's not built to be a CWRP map. It;s built to house thousands of troops in an imaginary universe. The vast expanses and empty space is maybe the most depressing thing about the whole map. The outside needs bug fixing but it's not an issue, the base needs to be fixed.

-1, focus on the real issues cause the base is scientifically proven to be boring as fuck.

3 hours ago, Dono said:

The only way to keep things from becoming stale is to move to conducting more frequent map changes to stimulate players with a new environment. Staring at the same mountain for a year every day will make you bored and uninterested. 

No it is not. I don't care what you think about extensive but we were on that map for possibly over a year and no one ever complained like even once. The length of use of a map only indicates how viable and enjoyable a map is within the RP game mode. Anaxes is not fun: it pushes players apart harming interact and passive RP, the base is really lengthy to traverse so people don't want to move about it too much, the base is huge so feels completely barren despite probably having significantly more props than any other base we've been on. This all combines to make a pretty depressing an uninspiring place to hang around in, map changes will do nothing but make us hate anaxes even more cause it's just fundamentally not a good design for a RP server

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• 1 month later...
Forum Admin

@Square

U gon deny this? new map and shi ya dig?

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this