Bacta-Full Server Deployment #3

Bacta

Name: Bacta

Who helped (If applicable): Dono | Whata | Mavelle | Shockpoint | Jake | Day

Event/Encounter Name: Full server deployment #3

Link to Event/Encounter Document (optional): 

Description of event/encounter (required if no document provided):  Full server deployment they killed dooku and yeah

KrMCdFv.png

• Dumb 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

3/10.

There was some cool building, and decent ideas in this. But this event suffered the same issues that plague most full server deployments. However, I have other complaints.

1. The overuse of intercoms went from decently immersive to annoying and borderline mingy.

2. The overall feel of the event started off rushed and we hit a brick wall after taking the base.

3. There wasn't much RP and the overall event was a giant cluster fuck.

4. People were building bunks / minging around instead of actually participating in the event.

Im sorry but this shouldn't of been a full server deployment. There may of been some enjoyment for Recon but having everyone deploy was a waste of time.

Edited by Mitchell
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Friendly 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

5/10

I really don't think that map is fit for a full server deployment lol the lag was crazy, and the event was really confusing at times too like stuff was happening in one spot then all of a sudden something happens on the other side of the base, HOWEVER, I did still have fun at least doing Passive RP. Im not going to give a crappy rating because I didn't enjoy some parts. I just wouldn't recommend a full server deployment on that map again.

• Agree 2

RIP Family of Euphoria

• Retired Founder

Honestly Bacta, and I say this in the most loving way possible, this event was a 2 at max a 3.

The event started off negatively by having everyone waiting around on the main server while we waited for recon regiment to finish their part of the pre-deployment, this lead to people waiting for way too long and memeing began here and set the precedent for the event negatively.

Once we moved onto the event server we were given almost no direction at all, we were pretty much told that recon did recon stuff and had fun and were given a bunch of words that had no weight behind them and then told go that way and shoot shit.

We cleared the FOB and then we we sat around for like 30+ minutes waiting for something to happen, to the point where people got so bored that they started building their own little areas. SOBDE, 212th, Mace Windu, etc. I understand this was because you were stressing about some people crashing but it caused the event to dwindle and the event to become less fun as we sat there doing nothing, next time you need to soldier on.

The event wrap-up was quick and pointless, I can see where it was meant to connect together to make your story work, but it just didn't.

Overall, the event had barely any roleplay at all, we waited around for way too long and all-in-all, it was a shitty version of a main server shoot-em-up.
Sorry about this chief, you hyped it up all week and just didn't deliver. I was really looking forward to this being good too :(

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

The event was fun, but there wasn't a whole lot of direction. There needs to be restrictions during these deployments. Battalion's shouldn't be making their own bunks and fucking about. That's not the fault of your team or the event at all; but it could've atleast been shutdown by High Command.

Moving to the event structure, there was a story; but then it fucked off. Dooku was supposed to be a full-out boss battle with reinforcements helping him the whole time; instead he fucked off into an open area and got lit up and killed by a door. Pretty anti-climactic if you ask me; again I know you can't control the door but be intricate with Dooku's pushes, he isn't going to full send into a base full of clones.

The drop pods and landers were a great touch and so was the comms RP, but the intercom was straight up abused this event; remember that some things can be done through advert. There was too much happening in my ear and it caused me to lose focus way too many times.

I'm unsure as to why this was a full server deployment but this felt like a borderline stress test which is just an excuse to not pay attention to prop spawns or NPC spawn rate.

5/10

7 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

The event was fun, but there wasn't a whole lot of direction. There needs to be restrictions during these deployments. Battalion's shouldn't be making their own bunks and fucking about. That's not the fault of your team or the event at all; but it could've atleast been shutdown by High Command.

Just wanna address this specifically cause yk hc; players were allowed and encouraged by the gms to build their llittle bunks areas, high command will roll with whatever the gms want for this sorta thing 

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

Goodbye, everyone. 

7/10

I had a good time!  I heard it seemed like a big headache for the GM team, but I know I had a fun time being able to do some reconnaissance with Rancor & just attack the base with everyone.  Large scale events were something that I loved back in the day on the server when they were hosted by high up GM's or even the founders.  It's always fun to be involved and watch everyone do their own thing.  Despite a few set backs like some lag people were having or connectivity issues/crashing issues.  I think it was a well rounded event with good aspects to it to involve everyone.  It hit the mark on what a full-server deployment should be. 

• Friendly 2

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!