Bro's Re-Re-Palpy App

Bro

Steam Name: BroTheEngineer

RP Name: Bro/Bro/Bro Diem/Palpatine/Ron

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): STEAM_0:1:437706712

How many terms have you held the position?: 2 (3 month Term)

How do you feel your previous term went?:

I’ve honestly had a lot of fun playing as Palpatine and watching the server grow and change over time. Though I will agree I've tried a further back point of view but will be changing that and settle harder situations that have been brought to me recently.

Why do you wish to remain a Supreme Chancellor Palpatine?: 

I have maintained my position with large plans happening in the background to help make player experiences in roleplay easier with small adjustments to rule and rule basis. I want to continue this position to assist more players on a battalion basis. Though a lot has been achieved I believe there is always more to work on as things show over time. There are a lot of people on this server to help and I feel happy to push people in the right direction.

Current availability:

Mon 4pm-10pm

Tues N/A

Wed N/A

Thur 4pm-10pm

Fri 4pm-12am

Sat 10am-1am

Sun 10am-2pm

What are some of your achievements during your past term?:

- I’ve actively gathered information and see to the issues I’ve noticed or brought to me by the players

- Helped and assisted the MCMD with the GAR and issues brought up

- Handled 3 battalion side issues about commanders and abuse of power that we stepped in on and removal of one of them. (Names and battalions are private due to not wanting to throw people under the bus)

- Viewed and gave minor critique/feedback about updates of the server

- Read through and approve documents and guides to help teach BCMDs and their position in the server more in depth. 

- Assisted and approved changes in the Senate to push new roleplay

- Took feedback granted by my peers and adjusted what I did and changed my focus on the server.

- Looked over Bounty hunters and the interactions between Clone and BHs

- Assisted with the adjusted High Command ranking and meanings

- Show people how much fun people can have, no matter what rank

What improvements or changes do you plan on making within the Grand Army?: 

With the understanding and critiques of my peers and the players I’ll be taking a tad bit of a more hands on approach with the changes of Regiments, reorganization of batallionized leadership and assisting Officers within battalions. In addition to reorganizing the regiment structure that we currently have to be more fitting and fair for the RCMDs and the battalions themselves. There are large steps in each of those and it's merely the beginning of the next big steps to help the server. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: I do

+1 yes

• Friendly 1
  • Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)

+1

Bro's always been a good guy to talk to when I need advice, bounce ideas off of, or generally talk to about stuff. I don't think anyone can come close to the effort Bro has put into this community, he should get a second MoH for it.

• Friendly 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

welp he is going for Palpy for life +1

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

From my personal perspective, HC has been very idle and mingey in many situations. Not you specifically, but some member of HC have been less then desirable and been inactive or unresponsive with their REGs.

My question is: how are you going to address this in the future? Are you going to be more aggressive in ensure HC is upholding a level of maturity and activity that is expected or will it be more incompetent and unresponsive HC on server?

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Banned
16 hours ago, Bro said:

large plans happening in the background

can you go into more detail in regards to this statement please? 

• Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

r4ymo.gif

+1, I’ll be honest, this app doesn’t really read well for me. But I think that my personal experiences with you as Palpatine greatly outweighs how I feel about this application. You did great as Palpatine and if we can work out the kinks, we’ll have a solid foundation for others after. I’m with ya Bro. 

P.S mod in your stream when?

• Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

I thought palpatine was locked to 2 term per person? Was the rule lifted or did you get waived?

Also the app seems sorta empty. I've always been against HC being super private about what's happening, it makes you seem super removed and like you're not doing anything.
I can't really see myself supporting someone who doesn't want to say their plans in any way cause it just seems like you don't have any

Maybe I'm out the loop but it just really seems like HC is disconnected from the larger community in their plans? Can you maybe clue is in on anything at all instead of waiting to finish for us to find out. Cause I don't really wanna support some potentially absolutely dogshit plans cause you never mentioned what they were in public

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

11 minutes ago, Comics said:

I thought palpatine was locked to 2 term per person? Was the rule lifted or did you get waived?

2 Term limit was removed before i was director. However even myself didnt see it was. However in that situation, Bro was going to be waived.

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

+1 Personally, I've only had to work with you on a few matters but both times you were very calm and helpful while handling them. You seem like one of the more well adjusted members of the server honestly and I think that your experience as well as your interactions says a lot for yourself in itself. I do agree that perhaps your application could be a bit more filled out, but I still think you've shown yourself to be the best applicant for the position thus far.

• Friendly 1

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

7 hours ago, Gadget said:

From my personal perspective, HC has been very idle and mingey in many situations. Not you specifically, but some member of HC have been less then desirable and been inactive or unresponsive with their REGs.

My question is: how are you going to address this in the future? Are you going to be more aggressive in ensure HC is upholding a level of maturity and activity that is expected or will it be more incompetent and unresponsive HC on server?

Honestly to respond to this question the last term I had decided to take a step back to give the Marshal Commander space to make his choices and not try to constrict his power or access to maintain/discipline his members. That being said I'm no longer as interested in a background seat and do plan to put my foot down swiftly on immaturity and their duties. People who sign for those position should be able to maintain the ability to have fun without hurting their battalion/regiment or their own reputation. I plan to be more forward on dealing with these issues, and will layout limits for them so they know how far to go.

7 hours ago, Sixta said:

can you go into more detail in regards to this statement please? 

Sure thing! Its a weird thing to explain but I will try my best. One of the things happening that I'm assisting with is the reorganization of battalions in regiments to make it balance. Currently voting is happening on it at this time to make sure everyone can agree on a set. Another thing I've been working on, because recent events have pointed this out to me, an organized system when investigating these issues as there were hiccups discovered when handling issues with a battalion. Another portion of such "Large Plan" is by helping the Marshals and Regimentals completing their tasks and goals, my position has goals of itself but I'm also here to help others with their goals. And this is primarily outside of overseeing Roleplay and player to player interaction which is the duty of this position. 

5 hours ago, Comics said:

Also the app seems sorta empty. I've always been against HC being super private about what's happening, it makes you seem super removed and like you're not doing anything.
I can't really see myself supporting someone who doesn't want to say their plans in any way cause it just seems like you don't have any

Maybe I'm out the loop but it just really seems like HC is disconnected from the larger community in their plans? Can you maybe clue is in on anything at all instead of waiting to finish for us to find out. Cause I don't really wanna support some potentially absolutely dogshit plans cause you never mentioned what they were in public

Gears answered the first portion, it was decided on back when I was an RCMD. I will try to be open about things but the process in HC is kind of weird as most situations I handle on a person to person basis requires a bit of privacy because it would be unprofessional if I release all information, it is necessary to keep people's identity safe. When it comes to plans within HC when they go forwards if they require more people or involves more people they are contacted and we spoken to. (That is the process but it seems there is a lack of steadiness that needs to be touched on, either from me or the people there). The average HC position is suppose to be an overseer position to help and regulate the battalions under them, then the Marshal to do the same with RCMDs and be a secondary person to go to, then Chancellor who oversees the situations and assists with roleplay and outside factions and their interaction. The plan set the first time and second time is to help High Command with critical choices and aiding struggling portions on the server. Though this time there are issues that have revealed themselves late end (A battalion wide issue) of my term and I've been dealing with them and will be until my last day. 

I understand your sentiment on the subject and how members of the community want to know everything that goes on within the server, and I want to share things that happen, but I simply can't share everything and I hope you understand.

• Winner 4
3 hours ago, Bro said:

Honestly to respond to this question the last term I had decided to take a step back to give the Marshal Commander space to make his choices and not try to constrict his power or access to maintain/discipline his members. That being said I'm no longer as interested in a background seat and do plan to put my foot down swiftly on immaturity and their duties. People who sign for those position should be able to maintain the ability to have fun without hurting their battalion/regiment or their own reputation. I plan to be more forward on dealing with these issues, and will layout limits for them so they know how far to go

Thank you for responding. This clears up most of my concerns, obviously proof will be in the pudding, so to speak.

+1

• Friendly 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

I think you are a great Palpatine and I do know for a fact you've helped me in the past. So with your words about privacy I completely understand your position and I do hope you continue doing well

I do wish you could be more public but palpatine would be one of those positions with less plans on the spot and more things that pop up. I hope you do make some advancements towards making HC a more open place that is in communication with the common man, as the separation between us and our HC is a little jarring.

+1

Edited by Comics
  • Friendly 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Banned
8 hours ago, Bro said:

Sure thing! Its a weird thing to explain but I will try my best. One of the things happening that I'm assisting with is the reorganization of battalions in regiments to make it balance. Currently voting is happening on it at this time to make sure everyone can agree on a set. Another thing I've been working on, because recent events have pointed this out to me, an organized system when investigating these issues as there were hiccups discovered when handling issues with a battalion. Another portion of such "Large Plan" is by helping the Marshals and Regimentals completing their tasks and goals, my position has goals of itself but I'm also here to help others with their goals. And this is primarily outside of overseeing Roleplay and player to player interaction which is the duty of this position. 

I appreciate you taking the time to answer me. 

I will support you for another term. +1

• Friendly 1

r4ymo.gif

• Management

I'm genuinely on the fence

No doubt you've been very helpful in the background when it comes to discussions and changes however that's just apart of the job of Chancellor. My main issue is that I've seen a huge lack of interaction and engagement from you in the two terms you've held so far. Most of my guys in 501st didn't even know there was a Chancellor until they did a Commando Droid encounter and killed you. One major thing I believe High Command should always be doing is promoting roleplay. Genuinely most people that see a RCMD+ will listen to anything they say and it is extremely refreshing to see a RCMD+ actually engage with the server in roleplay rather than as background characters that only interact with the battalions from a OOC point of view. I haven't seen much promotion of roleplay from High Command since I came back to the server almost a year ago now. 

I'm now in a mindset where I really don't care much for High Command one bit. Whether they're active or not them being in their positions never seem to effect me and I've gotten used to not seeing or hearing from members of High Command for the most part. This normally starts at the top then works it way down. High Command have zero presence on the server and it's been like that for a long time. Too many people use it as a hideaway position where their only focus is solving problems that "may" arise during their tenure then they use these silly problems that they had to get involved in as reasons why they were good at their job. From reading your application it seems you were aware people want to see more of you and hear more of you however it's taken two terms now to get that? 

On 9/24/2021 at 4:59 PM, Bro said:

- Read through and approve documents and guides to help teach BCMDs and their position in the server more in depth. 

- Assisted and approved changes in the Senate to push new roleplay

Reading through your achievements section I've realized that most of them are just part of the job although these two stood out to me the most. I have only had one interaction with you since becoming BCMD, granted I've only been in the position for a month. I have not heard or seen anything regarding any type of BCMD documents or guides let alone any actual interaction from High Command other than my specific RCMD. Then there is the Senate. They have less of a presence on the server than High Command themselves and that doesn't really change much whether they are active or not however I'm not sure you have kept much of an active eye on them to notice that they are nonexistent. I see no roleplay from them when I do see a Senator once in a blue moon.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:59 PM, Bro said:

What improvements or changes do you plan on making within the Grand Army?: 

With the understanding and critiques of my peers and the players I’ll be taking a tad bit of a more hands on approach with the changes of Regiments, reorganization of batallionized leadership and assisting Officers within battalions. In addition to reorganizing the regiment structure that we currently have to be more fitting and fair for the RCMDs and the battalions themselves. There are large steps in each of those and it's merely the beginning of the next big steps to help the server. 

Lastly my final critique is this section here. These discussions have been going on and off for months now and I have not seen you engage in any of the discussions that occurred. Obviously you are probably involved in any High Command behind the scenes discussions regarding this topic but this just goes to show the extreme lack of interaction you have with even CMDs, XOs, and BCMDs.

You've got a good head on your shoulders Bro. You know how to handle things the right way and you've honestly done a lot of good things for the server in terms of decision making and behind the scenes work even prior to becoming Palpatine. I just can't help but thinking having someone new in the position would be more refreshing. The server is in a weird time now where everyone is an Egg and they're just holding onto positions for extreme amounts of time with no real change or direction coming out of it. Your application and responses haven't really eased my mind on any of these issues either. You acknowledge some of em but you're very vague about it. I just would like to see more of High Command and honestly it starts with you so hopefully if you get this third term you do more than just sit back and deal with things when they come your way.

Best of luck and I hope some of this helps you in some way.

• Winner 2
  • Informative 1
  • Optimistic 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

On 9/26/2021 at 7:04 PM, Marvel said:

The server is in a weird time now where everyone is an Egg and they're just holding onto positions for extreme amounts of time with no real change or direction coming out of it

T r u e

Anyways Bro, we've talked and you know my opinions on a lot of issues within HC and several other areas on the server and we've agreed on the majority of them. I hope you're allowed to actually do your job and do the things we discussed. Sucks we won't be able to work together

+1 my dude Goodluck.

Edited by Mitchell
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Confused 2

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

So I wanted to wait for this one to see what kinda stuff people would bring up to kinda give my perspective on, and it ends up more or less responding to Marvel so here I go I guess. 

One major thing I believe High Command should always be doing is promoting roleplay. Genuinely most people that see a RCMD+ will listen to anything they say and it is extremely refreshing to see a RCMD+ actually engage with the server in roleplay rather than as background characters that only interact with the battalions from a OOC point of view. I haven't seen much promotion of roleplay from High Command since I came back to the server almost a year ago now. 

Now this is a lot more of an opinion thing so Imma keep it brief, but positions like palpatine, in my mind, have way too much administrative weight to be considered based on what roleplay they do in game with any real weight. God knows we don't pick our high staff that way, but really rp in game is a nice cherry on top, and shouldn't be a main consideration over other merits you might look for in a palpatine. Though of course that's just my opinion. On top of that, Palpatine can't even go to the BH village without it turning into an event which concerns the entire server. I've been on several of those myself and I imagine it's quite exhausting, at least at the level of being a GM and hosting an event. While it'd be nice to see it happen a couple times a week maybe, anything more consistent than that paired with having a real life (as bro does) and the other responsibilities of the position just piles on. 

No doubt you've been very helpful in the background when it comes to discussions and changes however that's just apart of the job of Chancellor. My main issue is that I've seen a huge lack of interaction and engagement from you in the two terms you've held so far. Most of my guys in 501st didn't even know there was a Chancellor until they did a Commando Droid encounter and killed you. [...]

I'm now in a mindset where I really don't care much for High Command one bit. Whether they're active or not them being in their positions never seem to effect me and I've gotten used to not seeing or hearing from members of High Command for the most part. This normally starts at the top then works it way down. High Command have zero presence on the server and it's been like that for a long time. Too many people use it as a hideaway position where their only focus is solving problems that "may" arise during their tenure then they use these silly problems that they had to get involved in as reasons why they were good at their job. From reading your application it seems you were aware people want to see more of you and hear more of you however it's taken two terms now to get that? 

Reading through your achievements section I've realized that most of them are just part of the job although these two stood out to me the most. I have only had one interaction with you since becoming BCMD, granted I've only been in the position for a month. I have not heard or seen anything regarding any type of BCMD documents or guides let alone any actual interaction from High Command other than my specific RCMD. 

So, this is a big thing. I agree in some parts, even as an RCMD I'll agree a lot of people really won't do anything or be involved as a reg other than dealing with situations brought to them. My only question, which may need to be continued on in dms, is what exactly you want high command to do that they arent currently. Hell, I've had people telling me I've done nothing and people telling me I overreach too much in the same battalion on the same day. Either way I'll drop it cause its a bit off topic, but just wanted to address that. 

For not seeing anyone except for me in high command... that's a good thing, in my mind. I'm glad I do have a presence in 501st obviously, but for Bro to actually have any affect with the 501st he'd have to be overreaching both deku and myself. I personally greatly appreciate that he doesnt do that sort of thing, in the same way Deku doesn't often come down to my battalions and sit in their meetings with me. He's allowing the chain of command to work, and I take the fact that I don't have the marshal or palpatine hovering over my shoulder in meetings as a sign of trust, the same trust that I give to all of my BCMDs.  In that same vein, I'm not sure what Bro is expected to really be hands on with when until recently he's had a full high command. His job by definition almost is just working with high command, meaning that when all those spots are filled we'll likely be the only ones seeing him actually making a difference. 

For the BCMD document, this is more miscommunication than anything. It began to be in the works back when I was Mas Amedda. Bro greenlit it, I went to gather some opinions from every BCMD at the time, Willy formatted it into a goated document, and then I was able to work with bro to get it implement it, which is the sort of thing that can't happen easily without a palpatine. As to why you haven't seen it, it was just never properly distributed as originally it was just going to be sent to new BCMDs and BCMDs who had questions that could be answered by the doc. After your post I spoke to Deku, and he's gonna be distributing it to each BCMD. Also, this is very new. Like, approved officially a week and a half ago type new. So it's more that reason than anything else that you haven't seen it yet. 

I just can't help but thinking having someone new in the position would be more refreshing. The server is in a weird time now where everyone is an Egg and they're just holding onto positions for extreme amounts of time with no real change or direction coming out of it. 

I actually fully agree with this part, the only difference is I still think he would be good for the position, and at the moment there are zero contenders. Maybe if someone good posts an app I'll plus one them too, but Bro has been doing a good job regardless of how long he's held the position, and I think if there's nobody that wants it enough to throw up an app against him, then that's enough for me. 

Wanna make clear this wasn't really meant to be a response to Marvel, but he's the only response so far I've seen that brought up points not either addressing bro directly or that I think a lot of people in the community agree with, so even if I didn't quote Marvel's reply in this it'd pretty clearly be a response to his post. 

In case you haven't guessed +1. I agree someone new to take up the torch would be great, but I also don't see any of the small handful of people I might +1 posting an application, so bro is still a good choice for the position. 

• Friendly 1

Goodbye, everyone. 

Thank you for the support and feedback but my life is taking a twist in the right direction and I need to focus on my career for a little bit more. I’ll still be around on Naval but I understand I cannot hold the activity to be palpatine no longer. 

I am voiding my application

• Friendly 14
  • Pay Respect 4

This application has been VOIDED by the author.

You are permitted to put up another application for other positions, however;

If you void another commander application within 30 DAYS, then you're subject to a 30 DAY cooldown from applying.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

spacer.png