Add A Teamspeak Sidebar

Jovanovic

Name: Jovanovic

Suggestion: Add a teamspeak ui through tsviewer to the sidebar of the forum index page

Why should we implement this? It'll allow people to see who's on if they're either away from their pc, or not able to get on ts. Less frequent members will be able to spot if their friends are online by visiting the forums as well. Also more information is always great, and it looks aesthetically pleasing. For instance I have people I need to speak to and want to catch online, but otherwise I'm busy or not available for gmod stuff, so personally it'll help with organizing meetings and etc.

How will this improve the Forums? Another reason to check in on the forums,  fills out the bottom right side a little more, fits in very well with our current format, and provides another link for new players from our website to the TS. 

I've used this before and it's very easy to set up, pretty customizable too. Personally just a quality of life thing I've been wanting for a while for this server and finally decided to throw up the suggestion.

Here's a gif of an example from the website im most familiar with that uses it: 
https://gyazo.com/4c5a8ee8fcd79c68f57851bde934a478

Edited by Jovanovic
gif

Goodbye, everyone. 

10 hours ago, Conrad said:

I'm pretty sure that something like this costs money monthly. I don't remember how much i just remember looking at the store once upon a time with forseen. Worth is purely dependent on the cost IMO, so i'd like to know that before voting.

I've done this myself, its a completely free process. The website I set it up on should also be through the same service as synergy's

Goodbye, everyone. 

I've seen this type of thing before. So what that community is using is TSViewer. Definitely possible to be using something like that. Personally though from that website i wouldn't trust it. It says it's free of cost through the use of financed ads. That could mean periodic advertisements in our server chat or welcome messages every connection. (Please note i am not saying IT WILL DO THAT, i am saying its a potential thing. IT COULD HAPPEN.) I'd personally feel more comfortable hosting our own database that we could control ourselves and put up something custom to see the teamspeak like that. Yes it's a nice quality of life thing, but its equally easier to just open up TS and see what's going on. You could even set it to automatic connection to your favorite server(And Channel).

I found what @ VIP - Conrad was talking about: TS Intergration. 15 bucks every 6 months is not to terribly bad if you don't mind putting out the initial 30 for their initial costs and what not. It also gives a whole lot of functionality to the ACP it comes with and can make administration easier should you choose to want it. 

All in all. I'd give it a +1 after doing a bit of research. There are probaly cheaper/more expensive options but i think i linked the more relevant ones to this case.

• Informative 1

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Maverick said:

15 bucks every 6 months is not to terribly bad if you don't mind putting out the initial 30

$60 for the first year. Honestly not that bad, would probably be more used the forum clubs and we pay for those also.

+1

spacer.pngspacer.png

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

I've seen this type of thing before. So what that community is using is TSViewer. Definitely possible to be using something like that. Personally though from that website i wouldn't trust it. It says it's free of cost through the use of financed ads. That could mean periodic advertisements in our server chat or welcome messages every connection. (Please note i am not saying IT WILL DO THAT, i am saying its a potential thing. IT COULD HAPPEN.) I'd personally feel more comfortable hosting our own database that we could control ourselves and put up something custom to see the teamspeak like that. 

Yes, as I said in the suggestion it's to add a ts ui through tsviewer. Regarding adverts in the server chat, in the years I've been using the service nothing remotely like that has ever happened, all that means is that they have advertisements on their website, which it looks like gets enough traffic to pay for the very minimal server load.

for the second part if a dev wants to set up a database for us, it doesn't really hurt, i couldnt care either way this is just the easiest way to do it imo.

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

$60 for the first year. Honestly not that bad, would probably be more used the forum clubs and we pay for those also.

+1

LMAOO tru, but i really dont think we need to use a paid service unless someone finds somethin bad about it other than that it runs ads on its website. Either way tho if founders feel like dishing out the money for whichever reason not really a downside. 

Goodbye, everyone. 

• 1 month later...
Forum Admin

+1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Retired Founder
On 11/1/2021 at 10:34 AM, Jovanovic said:

@Forseen@ Forum Admin@ Forum Dev do we have an update on this? If there's concerns about it costing something or how to set it up i can get with whoever, but i think this is all the feedback its gonna get

You obviously forgot that I spoke to you literal days after you posted this suggestion over Teamspeak saying that I'm looking into it. It's still being looked into and it's not as easy as y'all make it out to be.
Please don't be so forgetful next time just to make me look bad @Jovanovic.

• Funny 1
41 minutes ago, Forseen said:

You obviously forgot that I spoke to you literal days after you posted this suggestion over Teamspeak saying that I'm looking into it. It's still being looked into and it's not as easy as y'all make it out to be.
Please don't be so forgetful next time just to make me look bad @Jovanovic.

uhh maybe i am forgetting but i absolutely dont remember that conversation. Apologies, I guess

• Friendly 1

Goodbye, everyone. 

• 1 month later...
Forum Admin

This suggestion has been ACCEPTED.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO FORUM SUGGESTIONS - ACCEPTED

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums