Will you be jumping over to Windows 11?

Will you be jumping over to Windows 11?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

@Jagger@Taz@Pog

legitimately interested, what's your reasoning?

Not a fan of the layout. Some services require an online connection while not being a service that needs internet connection. A slew of vulnerabilities and exploits on the way. Privacy concerns.

I will eventually get into WIN 11, but I'll hold out for as long as I can.

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

1 hour ago, JuJuishere said:

but 127 iq is pretty good

Not Fahrenheit, Celsius.... 53°C

Also who's fucking room is thats as standard?

Most rooms are like 20°C or 68 F

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

I’m part of the windows inside program. Have been on windows 11 for about 2-3 months now. Honestly some parts better some parts worse. One big thing they have that I like are increased settings for high performance tvs. It’s very easy for me to switch between hdr and none now which is life saving for me, but for most of you Won’t really matter. You can get most of it to feel just like windows 10, and from a privacy standpoint I’m able to keep all of my privacy settings the same. I block all data in and out of Microsoft (except windows defender and updates)with no issues that where not present on windows 10. However I’ve had to have my VPN off for about a month, I believe this is gonna be fixed soon and is mostly due to just it being in beta which is understandable. I’m still able to fully remove the Xbox game bar, cortana, edge same as 10 so I’m happy. Biggest issue is the right click UI. It’s like they added a custom screen before the right click you’re used to that doesn’t have all the information I like. You have to press an additional button to get to the ok’d right click, which isn’t end of the world but annoying at times. I can’t speak for higher end functions like running servers and stuff like that as I leave all that to my work laptop, but I doubt it would have much of an influence from a glance of my currant usage. 
overall it’s not bad. Not amazing or anything but really no reason not too.  Honestly biggest issue seems to be things that come with the fact that it’s still in beta that seem to be getting fixed over time. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, Hanz said:

Will I need to reinstall all my stuff when i update?

No you don’t. But for a large update like this I usually do. Just a personal preference I personally enjoy fresh installs semi frequent for performance help. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

17 hours ago, Jagger said:

Not a fan of the layout. Some services require an online connection while not being a service that needs internet connection. A slew of vulnerabilities and exploits on the way. Privacy concerns.

I will eventually get into WIN 11, but I'll hold out for as long as I can.

From my experience using it my layout is basically the same as my windows 10 layout. Biggest change was the settings menu and that damn right click thing I mention earlier. For privacy I’m still able to ip block all my usual traffic hubs without performance or USABILITY hits. And can uninstall or disable the annoying things like edge or cortana same as 10. Can you expand more on the vulnerabilities havnt read too much about things recently but idk what new things are out there recently. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Forum Admin

void

Edited by Guac
quoted the wrong thing
  • Funny 1
  • Dumb 2

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3