Deku's Marshal Commander Re-Application

Deku

Steam Name: Xeitrix

RP Name: Marshal Commander Cyris / Wolfpack K QuarterMaster Deku / Senior Senator Padme Amidala

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): STEAM_0:0:96546050

Position you are applying for: Marshal Commander of the G.A.R

How many terms have you held the position?: 1 term

How do you feel your previous term went?:
All in all, I believe my first term went quite well. I felt that it was the first time in a long time that we had a very vocal MCMD and our HC was able to stay productive and proactive on the situations at hand as they presented themselves. I believe as much as some may not like the idea of frequent command meetings that the change has still been a positive one. It's boosted the communication between our BCMDs/RCMDs quite well, and although some may not like it, it's hard to deny how helpful the command meetings have been. (At least for me personally) Along with this I felt that throughout my term I had a really good balance of letting my RCMDs deal with their battalion issues and also being a little hands on with some battalions when needed. I've seen a lot of Marshal's in the past that are either too passive and just send their RCMDs to do everything, or they're too hands-on where they go over their RCMDs and are hands-on with every battalion... I felt that I've kept it at a very good balance. Also, I believe that throughout my Marshal term I've been very proactive to get people to work together, and I've been proactive to make myself look approachable for others to bring their issues to me and I would also like to believe that I've been about as transparent as I possibly can be on things happening within our HC.

Why do you wish to remain a Marshal Commander?:
Honestly, I think I still have more to do. I feel like up until this point I've mainly just been doing my job as MCMD, but I'm still extremely passionate about this position. (Sometimes a little too passionate and I can understand/admit that) I've shown to almost everyone just how much I care about this position. I feel that I have a lot more to do and projects I have going on that I can't just stop. Whether I get the position or not, I'd like these projects to come to a close which I don't mind talking to others about finishing it. Along with this, MCMD has been one of my favourite positions I've been in. Yes, the work and the issues that come to you can be stressful, but I believe it takes a certain special person to enjoy what they're doing within HC, rather then being in HC for the sake of holding a high position. And that is what I believe I have been doing. I genuinely enjoy almost all aspects of being MCMD and I wish to continue with it going forward. There will be no need for me to get adjusted into MCMD, if I get it, I'll have the ability to hit the ground running as if nothing ever happened, the work will go on.

Current availability: 
Weekdays: 5:00PM EST - 10:00PM EST (Due to work/school)
Weekends: 5:00PM EST - 4:00AM EST (can go longer, but I'm not a fan of staying up that late)

What are some of your achievements during your past term?:
This question is a hard one for me, not because I don't think I have achievements during my term however, I believe everything I've done throughout my term just seems like the job of an MCMD. However at the end of the day, I feel like my goals were completed and fulfilled, so I see that as a major accomplishment. Alongside this, I feel like I've been an MCMD people feel comfortable going to, and I've also been a somewhat proactive one... now yes, I can admit that there definitely has been times that I could be more proactive on some occasions and I hope to improve in that aspect. To list some of my accomplishments up until this point they are as follows: During my term, I've attended 94 meetings in total, revamped & hosted 2 Command Meetings which successfully cut down the length of them by about 15-20 minutes, kept communication between the BCMDs/RCMDs alive, gave my RCMDs the room/trust to deal with their issues by themselves while also giving my input when asked. I also pride myself on the fact that throughout all of the meetings and reports I've dealt with, I've kept an unbias opinion and I've never acted (from what I can recall) like I'm above anyone I've met with and I've always tried to keep it professional. All in all, I feel like all the accomplishments/achievements I have during my term are simply just the job of MCMD.

What improvements or changes do you plan on making within the clone army?:
I plan to continue on with some of my projects as of right now, I think we're in a really good spot with the weekly deployments thanks to the GM team, our communication, RCMDs being used to the best of their abilities, etc. If I were to get the position of MCMD again, I want to continue to keep everything afloat. One big thing I've always advocated for was not getting Marshal and immediately forcing changes in place and throwing the server off the rails, I do not plan to do that. Instead, I want to slowly start to transition people into a new norm, especially in terms of regiments...

I am extremely for a shift in regiments currently to make it 3-3-3. I feel the current 3-2-4 has been lackluster as of recently. I believe that switching to a 3-3-3 Regiment layout will be beneficial for everyone involved. Not only for the battalions that have to work with the other battalions next to them, but also the RCMDs to keep a somewhat even workload between the 3 of them, and also the GM team. I know that the GM team will find it a whole lot easier to deploy regiments when you don't have to cater towards 4 battalions that have almost nothing alike. Switching these regiments into an even 3-3-3 is a great start. Along with this, I plan on talking with Palpatine and Director+ on doing one big thing, changing Recon. This one might be a bit controversial at times however I've generally agreed with most people that say Recon has been a hard thing to do/deploy for simply because very little of it actually happens. Now I think Recon has a place on the server, but not for a whole regiment. Some may disagree but that's my take on it. Like I said however, this will be a rather slow transition, I would like to slowly start getting battalions more accustomed to the battalions they may be working with in the future. (Note: This has to be approved by directors and changed by the Founders, I can NOT promise this change will happen, but I can promise that I will advocate for it.)

Along with this, I want to continue to be as transparent as humanly possible. I won't lie, there are some things that happen behind the doors of MCMD+ that I absolutely can not talk about. However, I hope to get rid of that norm and be completely transparent to anyone and everyone who asks. I also aim to continue to promote teamwork and communication using the command meeting that we have in place now, I've already made a lot of adjustments to it which are as follows: There is a Command Meeting Form for BCMDs to fill out before the meeting day to ensure no time is wasted getting everything put on the document, after hearing the feedback of the Commanders involved the meetings will now be optional, and during the meetings we'll do a BRIEF brush over the battalion status updates to see if anything important needs to be said, if not then the section will be skipped entirely as if any of the BCMDs would like to read about how other battalions are doing, they can do so on their own time.

Furthermore, I aim to continue what I've been doing. Like I said on my application for my first term, I aim to be a Marshal Commander the G.A.R can be proud of. I want to be someone who's easy to approach, whether it's just for an opinion, a report, etc. As cheesy as it sounds, I really want to be an MCMD that you all can be confident in, whether I still have to prove it to some of you... I'm willing to do that if I'm given the chance. I feel as though I've proven my work ethic, drive, and passion for this position and the server to my peers and especially to myself, and if you don't share that same confidence I hope to one day put your worries to rest if I'm given the opportunity to continue doing what I'm doing currently. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes, I do.

Extra: Now I wanted to include my talks with all of the battalions I've had recently. I saved this as an extra part of my application because I didn't want it to be a big focus on MY application, rather I wanted it to be something everyone can look at if they'd like:

Attack RCMD Jovanovic

What is the current status of the ATK regiment?
- 104th has been doing great, absolutely annihilating their numbers right now, only problem is the consistency.

- 212th can also be pretty inconsistent with its activity, though they’re getting way more NCOs in for future leadership and, beginning to get rid of their less active officers.

- 501st is doing good, experimenting with some squad systems.

- Overall opinions of each other are doing really well comparatively and I only see it going up, though we haven’t had nearly as many deployments recently so that’s hurtin’ a little.
Is there anything you want changed that you can't do already/things you want changed on the server:
- Nothing that you have the power to change/Directors already said no.

Expectations of an MCMD:
- Keep eyes on the RCMDs, ensure their active and they don’t have any major disciplinary issues
- Have the RCMDs back if any major cases come up
- Have a general idea on how each regiment/battalion is going
- Be an active participant in high command, be available if the RCMD’s need anything

Your thoughts on my first term:
- I think it was very above average, nobody right now that I would place in this entire server that I think would be a better MCMD currently.
- You’re doing everything that I could EXPECT you to do

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: Yes

212th (Bacta)
What is the current status of the 212th?

- Good position
- getting a lot of people
- Healing from having an “officer battalion”
- making sure that after bacta is gone, battalion will go smooth

Are there any things you want changed that a reg couldn’t do for you/things you want changed on the server:
- BCMDs nicer to each other. Some BCMDs are more aggressive towards others

Expectations of an MCMD:
- Ensure RCMDs are doing good/in line
- Properly representing the clones when it comes to big talks with the directors and for big changes for the server

- Fine, you were active and involved
- In terms of you choosing regimentals, you did a good job
- I like the idea of Command Meetings, just needs to be flushed out a bit.

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: Yes.

104th (Brooklyn)
What is the current status of the 104th?

- We’re doing our best to maintain activity
- We’re making sure that 212th/501st have the ability to do tank trainings
- Working on wolfpack’s professionalism

Are there any things you want changed that a reg couldn’t do for you/things you want changed on the server:

- Discuss negotiations having a zero-tolerance policy, no warning needed, if someone fucks up negotiations it’s an AOS.

Expectations of an MCMD:

- Will look at things from both sides, being generally unbiased
- Be there for the battalions under you
- Don’t subject them (battalions) to “bullshit”
- Have an open mind when it comes to change

- I can’t judge you extremely, from what I’ve seen you’ve been active with the battalions
- I’ve seen you take time out of your day to work directly with battalions which is commendable, rather then just having your RCMDs do it
- You don’t act like you’re above other people and “you’re not a toxic cunt” - Brooklyn

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: Going into it, I am heavily positive. But I’ll wait until I see what you have on your application, but just going off of your first term, yes.

501st (Marvel)
What is the current status of the 501st?

- We’re doing alright

- No, not really. Everything that I want changed I can do with my own power.

Expectations of an MCMD:

- Tbh, I don’t really have much expectations for HC.
- Just from experience HC has either been too hands on, or not hands on enough.
- Prefer sometime of engagement, either check-ins or command meetings if they gotta be done
- Not much else besides that

- I don’t have much of anything really
- I like that you’ve somewhat engaged with myself & 501st
- Haven’t actively tried to see what you’ve done.
- imo, pretty mediocre marshal term

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: Yeah, I don’t see anything negative coming from it.

RANCOR (Stix)
What is the current status of Rancor?

- Perfectly fine, not really any issues that need to be known
- Decent numbers & activities, trainings are actually getting done

- Not really

Expectations of an MCMD:

- Keep RCMDs and battalions in line basically
- Just oversee everything

- Truthfully, I have no thoughts
- Haven’t had many interactions but outside of that I see nothing I have an issue with, pretty good

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: Most likely.

41st (Shpack)
What is the current status of the 41st?

- Working on fixing public image/restore respect and professionalism
- Recruitments have been lackluster, hoping that’ll turn around

- Adding GC Aerial Troopers (Director+)
- Not a whole lot battalion wise

Expectations of an MCMD:

- Communication above everything else, able to be open with people rather then keeping everything behind closed doors
- Open with the Community

- Difficult to say, only been a BCMD for a week and a half
- Professional
- Like that the meetings aren’t required for all Commanders
- Pretty good for a first term

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: I don’t see why not, so yeah, your first term was pretty good.

Specialized RCMD Bitters

What is the current status of the SPEC Regiment?
At this current moment for what I can gather it has been running smoothly with some problems here and there. There are some issues that need to be grounded out however due to my activity as of late may be a bit lesser as my job has been making me tired lol. I don’t know all of the current issues with the battalion as it seems that in the last little while only one person has come forward about a issue regarding spec that required my attention

Is there anything you want changed that you can't do already/things you want changed on the server:
Yes quite a few changes that involve creating self sufficient battalions that can run in the absence of command staff. And a few others that a bit to long to summarize adequately here

Expectations of an MCMD:
- For a MCMD understanding the scope of what that title means and the powers and responsibilities that are attached to it. Knowing that you have some of the most power to change things and needing to have a level of maturity to go along with this power. Actively gathering information about all of the battalions on the server and what is needed to be worked on and co-oping this information with the regimentals to ensure that it’s be accomplished

- With the information that I have just stated before I haven’t seen you do much regarding it. There was that situation involving Bacta and Odric which was kinda handled however more involving Jovanovic and I in handling it. Besides that one event I don’t see you much on however I haven’t been on much either but I don’t think you’ve done much to push the server forward as I haven’t seen much work put in on my end.

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: If you can address some of the criticisms made against you here either on your application or during your interview then yes I would support you.

Republic Commandos (Luther)

What is the current status of RC?
- I think RC is in a good spot
- Not like any other battalion obviously but in terms of activity and filling spots we’re doing good.

- SOBDE in their own regiment
- We don’t need a Regimental

Expectations of an MCMD:

- Really just someone that’s there to take action whenever necessary
- Someone to set a good example for other commanders and other people in general for what they should be doing
- Constantly providing opportunities for people to improve or have fun

- I was only here for like a month of it but as far as I can tell you’ve been doing good trying to get all of the commanders on the same page
- Doing good

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: Yes.

21st (Dyn)
What is the current status of the 21st?

- It’s getting along, not in a great place, but not in a bad place

- Not at this moment

Expectations of an MCMD:
- Activity, helping manage battalions
- Meetings, even though people have been bellyaching about it
- Just general things you’ve been doing already so far

- It went pretty well, you made yourself a face on the server
- You’ve offered your support to other groups including myself

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: Definitely.

CG (Odric)

What is the current status of CG?
- Trying to get HVY to go again
- Trying to get CG jedi going again
- On track to where we need to be
- Continuing to work on IR
- Got Senior Officers where they need to be, got people lined up for future CMD positions.
-Glad to see CG is unbiased currently
- Active officers and a decent amount of new members

- Not exactly needed, or if you could, but just around the base it feels barren. Could do with extra props to make the base look more interesting, rather then it being bare in the lobby area in between Medbay/MHB.
- Cant really think of anything else right now

Expectations of an MCMD:

- Active, give good advice
- Assert their authority when necessary

- Don’t really have an opinion
- Rarely talk to you besides command meetings
- Neutral, nothing stands out for me

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: Neutral, for now.

DU (Cannon/CMD Brimstone)

What is the current status of DU?
- DU is fine
- We’re a late night battalion so we’re not on during the day usually

- Having 4 battalions in SPEC really sucks, for deployments especially
- Rework of regiments

Expectations of an MCMD:
- Making sure RCMDs/BCMDs aren’t going full retard
- Being able to deal with BCMD/RCMDs in an efficient/smooth way if they’re acting poorly

- It was fine

Would you support me going for a Re-App?: Sure

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

+1 me and deku joined the server around the same time and ive known him for Ages I was his Comet and he was my Attack REG and he is one of the best candidates I can see for this position best of luck 

Thanks baby cakes - deku

Certified Giga Chad

+1 

Deku is doing more than a well enough job as marshal. Within high command he’s been very active and reasonable when dealing with situations, and from speaking with Bro on numerous occasions, it’s clear he can’t stop singing Deku’s praises. The only thing I can possibly think of is that he hasn’t done much proactively, but as I’ve said before to him and others, you can’t actually expect the marshal to be proactive constantly. He is in a position where his main role is to regulate all three regimental commanders below him, and in that he’s been doing as good enough job as anyone could expect. 

I’m sure the point that he hasn’t proactively done much himself will be brought up, but I’d like to remind those people that we, up until a couple days ago, had a full high command. That’s a unicorn in and of itself, however that also means that anything that Deku would do would either only be seen by high command, or be enacted through one of us. 

I can’t pretend to know how other members of high command (and specifically clone high command) will vote on this application if they care to leave a vote at all, but please consider their opinions heavily, as much of what the marshal can do is out of the public eye, and a good amount of it is out of even my view. Only the directors and Bro can truly see everything he’s doing, and my personal experiences aside they also seem to be very satisfied with his performance, to put it lightly. 

On top of that he went through the trouble of actually speaking to every commander for his reapplication to get feedback. I can also say that asking for or giving feedback is well received with Deku. Genuinely one of the only people I’ve ever met, much less in a position above me, that was given negative feedback and actually worked on it without a word of complaint. He goes “Okay” and then goes about improving himself. That alone makes him stand out in my eyes, much less the very solid performance that he’s given in other areas. 

There is not currently someone in the community that I’d like better for the position of marshal, or that I think would do a better job than Deku would in a second term. 

• Friendly 2
  • Dumb 3

Goodbye, everyone. 

Just saying this for everyone giving their input/opinion following this message. Let’s keep these to feedback/votes only please. Arguments, disagreements, or anything else can be discussed in private DMs. Obviously giving your reasoning behind your vote is important, but you can do so and leave everything else for private DMs unless it pertains to the application :peepoLove:

Forum Mod Moment +1

• Funny 1

🌓🌙

+1 100% goodluck my man

• Friendly 1

spacer.png

Current:  Nothing                                                                                                                                                                        

Former: 104th BCMD Wolffe | 212th GCO ARFL Switchblade | 501st ARCO CPT Sina | Knight Etain Tur-Mukan  | Alpha-98 Nate 

Banned

Is doing a great job as Marshal. I know Deku will continue doing good. +1

• Friendly 1

r4ymo.gif

+1 Having been through your ATK Reg and Marshall term, I've seen no issues. I fully believe that you will continue to do good in your position. Like your previous apps, I really appreciate you talking to every battalion. Best of luck if you get the position again. 

• Friendly 1

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

-1. Your current term has been "lackluster" i saw no "communication" for just about anything and in my time a few meeting that are complete bullshit and just drinking contest were hosted. 

Rancor, 21st, 41st, CG are all in a "lackluster" state and have been that way since you started

Odric has 10 count them 10 arrests since 5/22/21, that puts him at about ~10.5 per arrest and when i had mentioned it to you all i got was a "yes we know about it". The CHIEF OF SERVER police has almost an arrest once a week and has yet to be removed, you are too passive and do not have what it takes and what the server needs to have a strong and bright future.

• Agree 4
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Confused 2
  • Dumb 6

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

5 hours ago, Dennis said:

Odric has 10 count them 10 arrests since 5/22/21, that puts him at about ~10.5 per arrest and when i had mentioned it to you all i got was a "yes we know about it". The CHIEF OF SERVER police has almost an arrest once a week and has yet to be removed, you are too passive and do not have what it takes and what the server needs to have a strong and bright future.

I think he's on LOA rn so he can't remove him. could also be a Mas Amedda situation where they just don't get on to get removed. But this is a pretty concerning situation either way

I like Deku as a leader & a Marshal Commander, he seems pretty level headed. But I can see where problems crop up in a seeming lack of any reaction to the actions of battalions especially CG who seems to keep digging itself a massive hole no one wants to pull it out of. I think Deku is very capable & does deserve to continue his tenure as MCMD but really does need to sort out such present issues which heavily affect the whole community

+1, I believe yous got dem skillz. Just need to directly apply them a tad more

5 hours ago, Dennis said:

Rancor, 21st... are all in a "lackluster" state

:pepeLaugh: wonder what they have in common

• Funny 5
  • Friendly 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

I have to agree with Dennis but more on the front of i basically don't see anything from you in the server or via announcements. You haven't really been ensure the REGs do their jobs in some cases as I personally forgot we have a fucking reg and most the time he doesn't talk with use and is just messing around.

Many REGs are in odd situations. 21st is recovering from the senseless wipe and rebuilding itself back to what we want it to be, which we are basically doing solo with little to no interaction with HC. 

DU I feel is in a similar situation but not by wipe, just by leadership change and such. You also forget you have a commander Doom, aka Dennis.

CG is very unstable with activity. Sometimes they are shit tonnes of them and its all good, other time you have 2 semi active ones.

You are barely on from what I can see (probably timezones) and I have heard little to no correspondence from HC over the past 3 months.

HC has gone down hill, not necessarily your fault, but the current team has done little to impress be exempt from just BEING on the job and talking to us the first few weeks.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

I feel like during your Marshall Commander term you haven't done much honestly. I like you as a person Deku but I think it's time for someone new to step into the position with fresh ideas and something that can actually benefit the server. Many battalions are going downhill and I have not seen nor heard that High Command has done much to help them improve. Dennis and Gadget pointed out good points as well. I will gladly see your responses to their statements but for now it will be a -1 from me. 

Good Luck Deku!

• Dumb 1

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

+1

In general i was very happy with your performance as a Marshal Commander, the couple times talking to you in a professional manner you handle it with ease,  shown at my comment i was very happy with your choice of regimentals, i can work with all of them decently well. 

• Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

Before everyone reads this, just letting you know that I am typing all of this on my phone so there may be some screw ups with my typing or formatting, so sorry. :peepoLove:
Alright here we go..

I’ll start off by addressing some of the -1’s/issues just as a response.

16 hours ago, Dennis said:

-1. Your current term has been "lackluster" i saw no "communication" for just about anything and in my time a few meeting that are complete bullshit and just drinking contest were hosted. 

Rancor, 21st, 41st, CG are all in a "lackluster" state and have been that way since you started

Alright to clear up some of the points you’ve made here Dennis I will say this, communication between you and I have been very minimal. Reason being is I’ve had almost no reason to reach out to you involving anything you need to know as a BCMD. Your focus is on DU and there was nothing I needed to tell you without it distracting you from your primary focus, DU. As for the state of those battalions, I’d like to say this, I do NOT like it when Marshal Commanders in the past have tried to play a direct hand in my battalion, so I would not put anyone else through they either. Have I seen these issues? Yes. Have they been addressed? Yes. CG in particular was already talked to including multiple ways that we as a High Command thought they could improve, whether or not they listen to our suggestions is up to them and I refuse to force my way onto the BCMDs under me. I allowed Jovanovic & Bitters to talk to Odric directly about the issues we saw within CG, the reason I wasn’t there was because I didn’t want Odric to assume the worse and step into a small talk about how CG can improve to evolve into something much worse. Simply put, I didn’t want it to seem like he was stepping into a hostile environment. As for your last topic you brought up, I’m not discussing that here with you or anyone publicly. That’s not fair for Odric to be singled out by everyone on the forums. If you’d like to know how the situation is going I recommend you DM me next time rather then bringing it up on the forums where everyone can see it, and assume nothing is being done.

9 hours ago, Gadget said:

I have to agree with Dennis but more on the front of i basically don't see anything from you in the server or via announcements. You haven't really been ensure the REGs do their jobs in some cases as I personally forgot we have a fucking reg and most the time he doesn't talk with use and is just messing around.

Many REGs are in odd situations. 21st is recovering from the senseless wipe and rebuilding itself back to what we want it to be, which we are basically doing solo with little to no interaction with HC. 

DU I feel is in a similar situation but not by wipe, just by leadership change and such. You also forget you have a commander Doom, aka Dennis.

CG is very unstable with activity. Sometimes they are shit tonnes of them and its all good, other time you have 2 semi active ones.

You are barely on from what I can see (probably timezones) and I have heard little to no correspondence from HC over the past 3 months.

HC has gone down hill, not necessarily your fault, but the current team has done little to impress be exempt from just BEING on the job and talking to us the first few weeks.

Alright now to my man Gadget, you bring up some solid points. As for your first & second point, one thing I never wanted to do was overwork my Reg’s. Obviously with your mention of 21st you’re referring to Bitters, as far as I know Bitters has been keeping up with a hectic work schedule and because of that he’s been incredibly tired causing him to spend less time on the server. (From what he told me) Now am I saying I like his activity? No. Am I saying I haven’t had an issue with it and haven’t talked to him? No, I’m not. But I’m also aware that since Bitters has taken a little step back for his work that I’ve been seeing/having Jovanovic step in a bit which he’s been doing quite well from what I see. At least involving the new server changes coming that is. I always implore everyone that if they can’t reach an RCMD and require that help to contact me or another RCMD, if you have an issue with an RCMD of course you can bring that to me as well however up until this re-app, I’ve gotten little to none of that. And the few things Dyn has came to me about, I took time out of anything else I was doing to assist where I could. As for you 3rd point about DU, I agree that the real issues in it is mainly just because of the change in leadership, but I also don’t think DU is doing nearly as bad as you may think, as they are primarily a night battalion. I’d obviously love if they were an active battalion all day but sometimes that's not exactly realistic. DU is a night time battalion through-and-through. As for your 4th point about CG, I answered most of it in my response to Dennis. And your last point that I’ll address is my activity. I don’t want to say that it’s purely based off of the time zone difference but I believe it is. Now I will admit, in the last week and a half or so I’ve been on an unannounced hiatus from the server, primarily just doing the OOC work. This is mainly because I was getting ready for school to start back up again, and as my term was coming to an end I was still thinking about whether or not a re-app was the best move for me with school going on. However, before that little hiatus I’d like to say I was pretty active it I'm being honest, I was in game quite a bit and like I said that only started to drop in the past week and a half for the reasons stated above. 

8 hours ago, Black said:

I feel like during your Marshall Commander term you haven't done much honestly. I like you as a person Deku but I think it's time for someone new to step into the position with fresh ideas and something that can actually benefit the server. Many battalions are going downhill and I have not seen nor heard that High Command has done much to help them improve. Dennis and Gadget pointed out good points as well. I will gladly see your responses to their statements but for now it will be a -1 from me. 

Good Luck Deku!

Alrighty, so thanks for the response black, here’s my response to it! I think you’re entitled to your opinion, but I’ll try not to just say exactly what I said on my app (if you read it) in terms of what I did during my term. During my term I attended 96 meetings, (had a couple after posting my app) I’ve of course assisted battalions whenever they needed my help and came to me, I believe people forget that although it may seem like I hear and see everything, I don’t. I’m not a mind reader, if you need help I encourage anyone to come to me. But anyways back on topic, I believe that I’ve made everyone’s job around me easier from my work as a Marshal, I’ve been extremely vocal about my thoughts and opinions and I’ve also been transparent about things going on within HC whenever asked. (Call it what you want, disagree all you want, idc) but I’ve also helped to rework the command meetings in order to make them shorter from the sometime 2 1/2 hour meetings they were back when I was a BCMD, and like I said I’ve recently changed it to make it even shorter however I don’t believe I have a reason to host another meeting before my term is up to even show it off. I could go on and on but I encourage you to read my app if you want to see a bit more of what I did. I find that when people say “I haven’t seen you do anything during you term” is because they didn’t work with me. Of course you won’t see anything if you’re not looking, or if you don’t need to see it. But I also think that the statement that I haven’t done anything is entirely false, but I will say this.. I don’t like listing what I’ve done or my “achievements” because it really just seems like I’m simply just doing my job.

as for any other -1’s I didn’t address, it’s prob because it’s just a “I agree with this person” so there’s no need for me to say the same thing over and over again.

I want to remind the people I’m responding to that this isn’t an attempt at me trying to sway your vote into a +1, you’re entitled to your opinion and you’re voting from your POV which I can respect. But I mainly just hoped that this message would shine some light on a few of your issues.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Optimistic 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

+1

I think you've had a good term, and you haven't done anything super big stir the pot thing that sometimes happens. It's been a smooth, boring term, and that's exactly what a term should be. Lookin forward to term 2.

• Friendly 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

Alright. I'm going to give my own opinion as well as offer some context where I can (if I can) to some of the matters that have been brought up throughout the thread.

So since the beginning of his term, Deku has been steadily trying to push for things to help communication. He wanted us to do CMD meetings despite everyone bellyaching because it gave us all an avenue to express issues with our own/other battalions and allowed battalion leaders to actually communicate beyond just the memes in discord regarding server things. Before these, the discord basically only got notifications about troublemakers while after we brought up actual big changes (which I won't disclose as I'm not sure if the ones who proposed them would want me to). 

7 hours ago, Deku said:

And the few things Dyn has came to me about, I took time out of anything else I was doing to assist where I could.

This is also true. When I had myself placed under unnecessary stress because of matters that were out of my hands, I was able to reach out on the topics to only a handful of people really. Those being Bro and Deku who took the time and effort to help dig me out of the situation and allow me to feel like I had control of things again. 

23 hours ago, Dennis said:

Not to throw blame on others, but doesn't this reflect more on part of the BCMDs and the REGs above them then? I'm willing to own up that I've still yet to accomplish all I want in 21st since Agent's resignation and I think we still need to build up solid numbers as well. I don't necessarily want to comment on the other bats but I'm curious what is considered lackluster? Numbers? General battalion attitude? I do think the points you brought up about Odric are a lot more grounded though and were worth addressing.

Overall though, I'm going to give my +1 on the topic. Deku has personally helped me quite a bit and I appreciate it as it has allowed me to refocus my efforts on the 21st again and start implementing healthy changes once more.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

• Management

I like the fact that people are -1ing on the premise that some battalions are failing or people below you aren't doing their jobs and I guarantee none of those "problems" have been reported to you or anyone that can handle it. Also with the amount of battalions and factions we have and our general populace I don't know why people are throwing certain battalion's activity towards you as if it's your problem or something you can adherently fix. Every battalion eventually goes through a dull phase where activity and morale is low. Seems like some people don't grasp that concept and that it is in no way in your control. Don't know how else they mean some battalions are "lackluster."

The Odric situation is a bit peculiar although from what I've gathered from when I was online for a few of them they weren't entirely "serious". Yeah they were logged as real arrests but the circumstances leading up to it have all been mostly goofing around or something of the sorts. Imo if the circumstances leading to an arrest aren't malicious then I don't take them as seriously. People like to goof off, I would know. Strange dealio nonetheless.

Like I said when you spoke to me regarding your term so far I told you it was a mediocre MCMD term at best. Nothing crazy has happened because nothing crazy needs to happen but nothing negative has happened while you've held the position either and in my book that's just how High Command is. As high of a position they are there normally isn't much to do and no one can fault you for that. At least you aren't throwin your balls on the table trying to inflict your will on the GAR however from the sound of these -1s that's what some people want strangely enough. 

+1 Only thing I'd like to see you improve on is actual physical engagement with your subordinates via TS and in game. Best of luck, Miley Cyrus.

• Agree 6
  • Winner 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 Basically what Marvel said. I'm certain some of the issues brought up were never made aware to you (you literally stated this in a reply). It seems people blame the fault of some battalions to you and you alone instead of their RCMD or Battalion HC. I understand you have the authority remove people, but come on. At what point should battalions be holding themselves and their RCMD's responsible? Really all I ask is that you keep a close eye on your RCMD's. It looks like if there's no reliable RCMD to go to in the time of need, the battalions suffer for it.

• Friendly 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

+1 This dude right here is my man. I was his BCMD for a bit, and I personally promoted him to be in my High Command. He will get the job done time and time again. He did everything I ever needed him to do time and time again and more. I have heard plenty of his MCMD term and heard only good things. I of course expect more good things to come of him. +1 all day long

• Friendly 1

The Clover Crew Leader

spacer.png

So, from my side of things I have been punished and dealt with by Deku, Bitter and Jova and has been witnessed by Bro.
I have been given Warning, Gramma Squats, advised to go on LOA, been striked, been arrested had covosations to those who have been affected and that is NOT Dekus fault. It is mine. 

I am improving and becoming much better on the discipline side same with my brothers in CG. We are making big plans within the battalion to get all the bad things removed and improved. Our plans have been a great success overall, our activity is in the numbers of 10+ almost every single day with a odd day or 2s acceptation cause we have game nights on a regular. We do our best with grey areas of rules and are learning every day to better handle situations. 

All we ask is some understanding that we want to help, we are human beings too, we want make sure that things are followed the way it is intended. Who are working with grey areas that aren't wrote down for us in the rules, people using that to their own advantage. Shitting on each other cause they can and it's "funny" or they hate each other taking things OOC in game and visa versa.

I +1 Deku cause he has made great strives to be active, to help CG get back on track with sound advice and encouragement, letting us learn from our mistakes. Not overstepping and using his authority to be a cunt and stabbing ya in the back, It's a shame that some don't see this.

Edited by Odric-Steel
sorted it
  • Friendly 1

- Commander Fox - (Former)
spacer.png

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

hi.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

• Winner 2

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management