Village Warp Addition

Guac

Forum Admin

Name: Guac

RP Rank: CPT | Marshal

Suggestion: For the warp system, add "Village" as an option to TP to the BH village. As of now, BH's when returning to Anaxes can only warp INSIDE base which is cringe. Quality of life change.

Implementation: Add "Village" as an option to TP to the BH village. 

Lore: ????

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1 This needs to happen. The amount of times I've confronted a BH teleporting into base is ridiculous. It can be problematic as New players could teleport out of base, but that's why we have AWOL rules. It can be just as simple as setting up rules for Who can and can't use that teleport Destination

Edited by Paladin_
  • Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Developer

+1

• Dumb 1

+1 I believe this is/was planned but may have been forgotten 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

1 hour ago, Maxwells said:

Listen i know this might be a good idea however they honestly can just walk out base. The thing is if we add a warp to the Village, people are gonna use that as a means of "Fast Travel" either to the village or Aurek which is going to happen 100%. 

I disagree- the people who intend to 'fast travel' already achieve this by placing their TAC down and respawning/picking it up and just respawning again. 

The issue stems from people just walking out of base. 

That's jus my opinion doe

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

Forum Admin
1 hour ago, Maxwells said:

Listen i know this might be a good idea however they honestly can just walk out base. The thing is if we add a warp to the Village, people are gonna use that as a means of "Fast Travel" either to the village or Aurek which is going to happen 100%. 

I appreciate your feedback, but as all things do, rules I am sure would be implemented / enforced to ensure this doesn't happen. Verbage such as "only BH's can use the Village transport" or "only clones may use the Anaxes transport" is an easy fix to this sort of issue. It is harmful to not only immersion (:dumb:) but also RP when you, a hostile BH, has to spawn in the middle of MHB when traveling back to Anaxes; where player count usually peaks and walk past 20 troopers giving you the death stare. 

If there is genuine abuse of the system I would be fine with its removal as I understand upon first glance this may seem troubling.

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

On 9/11/2021 at 5:11 PM, Guac said:

I appreciate your feedback, but as all things do, rules I am sure would be implemented / enforced to ensure this doesn't happen. Verbage such as "only BH's can use the Village transport" or "only clones may use the Anaxes transport" is an easy fix to this sort of issue. It is harmful to not only immersion (:dumb:) but also RP when you, a hostile BH, has to spawn in the middle of MHB when traveling back to Anaxes; where player count usually peaks and walk past 20 troopers giving you the death stare. 

If there is genuine abuse of the system I would be fine with its removal as I understand upon first glance this may seem troubling.

To be honest, I kinda agree with Maxwells. Rules are only effective when the ability exists to properly enforce them (which means you'd have to prove someone is doing it in the first place). If you're a hostile BH returning to Anaxes, why not just walk up to the TP and swap jobs to achieve the same effect? Nobody will care and it'll keep you out of the base.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

Forum Admin
11 minutes ago, CastleClone said:

To be honest, I kinda agree with Maxwells. Rules are only effective when the ability exists to properly enforce them (which means you'd have to prove someone is doing it in the first place). If you're a hostile BH returning to Anaxes, why not just walk up to the TP and swap jobs to achieve the same effect? Nobody will care and it'll keep you out of the base.

Logic here is pretty flawed. I could say the same things abt clones returning from a different planet or smthn. On top of that NLR is at play and it causes even more issues. 

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

15 minutes ago, Guac said:

Logic here is pretty flawed. I could say the same things abt clones returning from a different planet or smthn. On top of that NLR is at play and it causes even more issues. 

The issue stated was that BH go to somewhere they might not want to be (instead of Village) while clones end up exactly where they're required to go. Not sure what comparison you're bringing? If the issue is NLR, that could just be brought up to Guild Lead on the matter of people returning.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

Forum Admin
12 minutes ago, CastleClone said:

The issue stated was that BH go to somewhere they might not want to be (instead of Village) while clones end up exactly where they're required to go. Not sure what comparison you're bringing? If the issue is NLR, that could just be brought up to Guild Lead on the matter of people returning.

The point I'm trying to make is clones can also just "respawn at the TP", why don't they? Cause it is inconvenient. 

A simple compromise would be to make a separate transport guy that has all warps besides village, and set him up in MHB, while all the planets have the village one. Again, not a hard rule to enforce.

Edited by Guac

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

7 hours ago, CastleClone said:

The Black Market system kinda fucks this up. The guild is hella strict about this stuff and switching jobs gets rid of your items.

• Winner 1

🌓🌙

+1 - I can see how this could potentially become a problem later down the line with a new batch of players. Getting lit up as soon as you arrive is not very fun imo. 

"You could just walk out."

Doesn't mean they won't stop firing, not all bounty hunters have an immediate chance to escape with a jetpack or a cloak.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this