Squad System

Guac

Forum Admin

Name: Guac | RC-3222

RP Rank: CPT

Suggestion: Add a party system to the server which allows multiple options which could be customized to their server's liking such as a x-ray outline, disabling friendly fire, seeing squad health, etc - this would allow for better organization for groups of troopers, Jedi, Bounty hunters, and would be a good feature especially for new players.

Full integration with C menu
Up to 12 members in your squad
Voice chat for your SQUAD
Private chat for your SQUAD
Ability to send weapons and money to your team
Ability to watch their screen
An awesome minimap to see where they are
NPC or key binding or widgets, you decide how to open it

Implementation: the following links are examples how implementation could be handled. 
https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/squads-reborn
https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/4188
https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/2109

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other: 
This is practically a direct copy and paste that @Nade Jonesused last year. While said to be pending founders, it was denied without any reason. I truly love these addon's and really feel as though this could be an AMAZING add to the server.

Edited by Guac
More info
  • Friendly 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

40 minutes ago, Guac said:

While said to be pending founders, it was denied without any reason.

If you want a reason all you have to do is ask the founders. Their messages are just copy and paste because its easier when they go through a bunch of suggestions at once, because thats what they do, but they're always happy to tell you why(so they say). So @ Founderwhy was it denied last time?

Edited by Conrad

spacer.pngspacer.png

-1 Wasn't a 'medics seeing health' suggestion just -1'd because it doesn't promote RP? I don't see how this could improve our experience. We already know who's on our team. We use Ace reports to promote RP, and organization can be improved without mechanical means. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dumb 1

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

+1

I think it'd be really cool to have more technological stuff to augment the current RP we do. X-ray might be a little OP, but the other stuff would be really interesting. 

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

-1 I could see potential trouble involving some of the things you listed as features for opposing forces.  In addition to the concerns I listed below though, I'm just a bit worried about how intensive these features might be on the server itself. Ultimately, I don't think it promotes roleplay itself more than what we have and comes with more flaws than positives. Not sure the reason why founders denied it but I assume my opinion won't change regardless.

If there was an x-ray or shared camera, it could grant information of an enemy's location without them saying a word (if either they die or they're shooting and people in the squad notice despite being a bit away). This would only make things like droids attempting to sneak into base for events or BHs accomplishing anti-republic bounties harder. I'm not sure what weapons you'd be sending to your team since we can't buy them except from the vendor and you can already give money to allies. Minimap is kinda weird and falls into the whole just communicate issue from before. Seeing squad health is the same suggestion we just had so use ACE or just inform medics when low. Multiple voice channels or a text chat only squad have to read for orders might be nice though.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

7 hours ago, Cox said:

+1 this cool af next let’s add printers and give everyone SA

+1 i agree, we should try to make the server more like mexican border RP and let everyone do and say what they wish too, make it a safe and fun enviroment

Edited by Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

Forum Admin
8 minutes ago, CastleClone said:

-1 I could see potential trouble involving some of the things you listed as features for opposing forces.  In addition to the concerns I listed below though, I'm just a bit worried about how intensive these features might be on the server itself. Ultimately, I don't think it promotes roleplay itself more than what we have and comes with more flaws than positives. Not sure the reason why founders denied it but I assume my opinion won't change regardless.

If there was an x-ray or shared camera, it could grant information of an enemy's location without them saying a word (if either they die or they're shooting and people in the squad notice despite being a bit away). This would only make things like droids attempting to sneak into base for events or BHs accomplishing anti-republic bounties harder. I'm not sure what weapons you'd be sending to your team since we can't buy them except from the vendor and you can already give money to allies. Minimap is kinda weird and falls into the whole just communicate issue from before. Seeing squad health is the same suggestion we just had so use ACE or just inform medics when low. Multiple voice channels or a text chat only squad have to read for orders might be nice though.

Again, the exact implementation and which features we would use, would we balanced by founders. Meaning if they found the friendly camera was too unbalanced then they wouldn't implement it, simple as. The weapons one, again, is just a feature and would not be used on our server.

I feel as though you misunderstood my suggestion and assumed all features listed I want added which isn't the case by any means. Finally, seeing 3 other peoples health is a hell of a lot different than every medic seeing EVERYONES health.

At minimum I would love to see the voice/text channels be implemented as they were the reason I suggested this in the first place.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

4 minutes ago, Guac said:

Again, the exact implementation and which features we would use, would we balanced by founders. Meaning if they found the friendly camera was too unbalanced then they wouldn't implement it, simple as. The weapons one, again, is just a feature and would not be used on our server.

I feel as though you misunderstood my suggestion and assumed all features listed I want added which isn't the case by any means. Finally, seeing 3 other peoples health is a hell of a lot different than every medic seeing EVERYONES health.

At minimum I would love to see the voice/text channels be implemented as they were the reason I suggested this in the first place.

The issue is that if you bring up all the features without specifying which ones you want implemented, it will be assumed all the ones you listed were being pushed for. Overall though, my opinion stays about the same. Most of these are ultimately unnecessary or even harmful to balance imo while providing little if any benefits. 

• Agree 1

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

+1 actually have played with this system prior. It helps a lot especially as a medic or just leading in general to know where people are. Although I think it should be disabled for some deployments especially for like spookier stuff like the last recon deployment.

Rancor Med 1SG Xuen(under Stix), Warrant Officer Hammer (under stix), Warrant Officer Alpha-66(BIRD)

On 9/6/2021 at 5:35 PM, Guac said:

Suggestion: Add a party system to the server which allows multiple options which could be customized to their server's liking such as a x-ray outline, disabling friendly fire, seeing squad health, etc - this would allow for better organization for groups of troopers, Jedi, Bounty hunters, and would be a good feature especially for new players.

Full integration with C menu
Up to 12 members in your squad
Voice chat for your SQUAD
Private chat for your SQUAD
Ability to send weapons and money to your team
Ability to watch their screen
An awesome minimap to see where they are
NPC or key binding or widgets, you decide how to open it

It's like the addon creators paid you to write this for them, some of this shit seems utterly and completely useless.
the rest of it is literally covered by using TS or Comms. it's sort of anti-rp if everything is already built into the game and literally just tells you everything you ever need to know all the time. Why would I ever talk to anyone again if I can just use my cute little radar instead.

x-ray outline, disabling friendly fire, seeing squad health:
- x-ray is literally absolute horseshite
- maybe try not to shoot your own teammates through, ya know, stopping shooting when they're infront of you
- seeing health was already shot down heavy

this isn't a darkRP server: we have TS, we get trained to act like an actual team and work together, this just boils down even more parts of RP, if you want to play COD go play COD. If you want DarkRP go play that instead.
if talking in COMMS and TS is a little too hard then I dunno what to tell you.

-1, shot down too many times to survive

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Forum Admin
6 hours ago, Comics said:

It's like the addon creators paid you to write this for them, some of this shit seems utterly and completely useless.
the rest of it is literally covered by using TS or Comms. it's sort of anti-rp if everything is already built into the game and literally just tells you everything you ever need to know all the time. Why would I ever talk to anyone again if I can just use my cute little radar instead.

x-ray outline, disabling friendly fire, seeing squad health:
- x-ray is literally absolute horseshite
- maybe try not to shoot your own teammates through, ya know, stopping shooting when they're infront of you
- seeing health was already shot down heavy

this isn't a darkRP server: we have TS, we get trained to act like an actual team and work together, this just boils down even more parts of RP, if you want to play COD go play COD. If you want DarkRP go play that instead.
if talking in COMMS and TS is a little too hard then I dunno what to tell you.

-1, shot down too many times to survive

I will be frank, I believe the argument you are posing is a bit disingenuous. You fail to realise that immersion is a real factor when roleplaying. Dumb me all ya want but I find having to stop in the middle of a battle to type in a lengthy fucking paragraph to my Squad Lead, only for it to be cut off at the character cap, is terribly un-immersive.

I go through the points 1 by 1 if that makes it easier.

1. "it is literally covered by using TS or Comms"

a. TS are primarily used OOC. While battlecomms may be enforced, they lack the actual feeling of "commsing"

b. Again, this would be used for small squad operations (I would say 3-6 ish), not a substitute or replacement to TS by any means

c. There will still be people who aren't in your squad, so /comms would still be utilized.

2. "x-ray is literally absolute horseshite"

a. I don't quite know what you mean by this. I will assume you are just a proponent of this addition. That is fine, frankly, don't care for it either.

3. "maybe try not to shoot your own teammates through, ya know, stopping shooting when they're infront of you"

a. Compensating for GMOD physics and player hitboxes in a CQC environment is near impossible. If you have any player count over 60 you'll start feeling the affects.

4. "seeing health was already shot down heavy"

a. Medics seeing EVERYONES health was "shot down heavy". Again, I understand that this feature may seem negative at first. HOWEVER, all these features, if implemented, are toggleable, If you don't wanna see your squads health.... don't use that addon.

Once again, all these features are toggleable, with the direction this server is pointed, and the freedom of RP many want to have, who are you to say that they shouldn't have that option? If you don't to use it, you don't have too. What may enhance one's RP experience, may not do the same to yours, and that OK!

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

43 minutes ago, Guac said:

I will be frank, I believe the argument you are posing is a bit disingenuous. You fail to realise that immersion is a real factor when roleplaying. Dumb me all ya want but I find having to stop in the middle of a battle to type in a lengthy fucking paragraph to my Squad Lead, only for it to be cut off at the character cap, is terribly un-immersive.

You will be typing just as much if we have a "squad" chat system so it seems just as immersion breaking to me. Also most of this shit is immersion breaking. Clones can't see other people's health in lore, if they shoot another clone in lore is would hurt them, pretty confident x-ray doesn't exist in this sort of fashion. 

The system you propose is fundamentally un-immersive

1. "it is literally covered by using TS or Comms"

a. TS are primarily used OOC. While battlecomms may be enforced, they lack the actual feeling of "commsing"

b. Again, this would be used for small squad operations (I would say 3-6 ish), not a substitute or replacement to TS by any means

c. There will still be people who aren't in your squad, so /comms would still be utilized.

TS can be used for both, this parallel system seems clunky at most and just not going to be used at the least. Private channels are always OOC because there's no one there to shame you for going out of character. A lot of the time voice chat in game is out of character cause people don't wanna maintain that all the time. Having a dedicated chat isn't an insurance that people are gonna use it for non-OOC shit. if you need to call smth out TS is just easier.

you can do small squad operations in different channels so yes it is a substitute for TS

Most interbattalion comms is literally just RP to show off how cool your batt is, it's pretty much never important info. There is no reason to make it literally private.

2. "x-ray is literally absolute horseshite"

a. I don't quite know what you mean by this. I will assume you are just a proponent of this addition. That is fine, frankly, don't care for it either.

cause x-ray is kinda just like cheating and anti immersive

3. "maybe try not to shoot your own teammates through, ya know, stopping shooting when they're infront of you"

a. Compensating for GMOD physics and player hitboxes in a CQC environment is near impossible. If you have any player count over 60 you'll start feeling the affects.

yeah that does suck, I guess you just have to be extra careful. Most of the time such damage is either negligible or it's so much that it's definitely your fault. Most people tend not to RDM all the time during events and most of the time we have 60+ player events so I really don't see how this is a problem we need friendly fire to solve

4. "seeing health was already shot down heavy"

a. Medics seeing EVERYONES health was "shot down heavy". Again, I understand that this feature may seem negative at first. HOWEVER, all these features, if implemented, are toggleable, If you don't wanna see your squads health.... don't use that addon.

It's seen as negative because it's just removing more aspects or RP. If I don't need to talk to my squad for their health why will I talk to them at all. ACE reports aren't done outside of TS, not that I've seen. So this would make those pretty redundant aswell. It's immersion breaking just seeing people's stats cause that's not how it worked at all. It's really easy to ask for a report, why get rid of that for such a lazy system.
The "don't use if you don't want it" idea is kicking the can down the road to inevitable universal acceptance. It'll become standard due to pure utility alone, not for RP or immersion factors but because you're automatically at a disadvantage by not using it.

Once again, all these features are toggleable, with the direction this server is pointed, and the freedom of RP many want to have, who are you to say that they shouldn't have that option? If you don't to use it, you don't have too. What may enhance one's RP experience, may not do the same to yours, and that OK!

I think the server should be a universal experience and everyone should get the same bucket of shit. this isn't freedom of RP, don't sell it like that. It's to help people avoid RP and be lazy. I don't want other people to use it cause if one person uses it their experience is gonna be easier than the rest. I'll shout "what's your health" and someone else will be like "just enable squads, dumbass" that's how this shit spreads. It'll become a requirement in some places and eventually an begrudgingly accepted part of the server. I don't want that, that's why I'm against it.

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1

Forum Admin
2 hours ago, Comics said:

I have an L take, also queen elizabeth sucks

Guess we doing the list thing again...

1. "Also most of this shit is immersion breaking"

a. Again, subjective. Lore accurate ≠ Immersion.

2. "TS can be used for both, this parallel system seems clunky at most and just not going to be used at the least."

a. This is more of a response to this whole paragraph. Could TS be utilized in such fashion? yes. Is it really that easy to managed dozens of people at a time, not all being on the same objective / mission? Not at fucking all. The voice chat system at minimum I would like to see implemented due to the fact of how much easier it is for in character communications.

3. "Most interbattalion comms is literally just RP to show off how cool your batt is, it's pretty much never important info. There is no reason to make it literally private."

a. Fair point here. While I agree we have the option with this new system to actually make it important and useful!

4. "cause x-ray is kinda just like cheating and anti immersive"

a. Guilty as charged > : ). Jk, again not defending it.

5. "Most people tend not to RDM all the time during events and most of the time we have 60+ player events so I really don't see how this is a problem we need friendly fire to solve"

a. This is either 6 head or 3 head... I cannot tell...

6. "It's immersion breaking just seeing people's stats cause that's not how it worked at all. It's really easy to ask for a report"

a. Now, I won't bring up the Republic Commando games in which you can directly see all of Delta Squad's health, or even the fact that you would be able to see your brothers getting shot, or even the fact that "vital scanners" are a repeated and mentioned subject in the Clone Wars. All I will say is, the limit of the addon means you will still need to call ACE reports when newar someone not in your squad.

7. "The "don't use if you don't want it" idea is kicking the can down the road to inevitable universal acceptance."

a. But I thought TS was easier :monkaHmm:. If the excuse is "TS won't be used! It will become obsolete!!"..... that should tell ya something, maybe an update would be nice.

8. "It'll become a requirement in some places and eventually an begrudgingly accepted part of the server"

a. It has a max of 12 players per squad. Not sure how a requirement would be implemented but I understand your concern. All I can do is offer my condolences.

Edited by Guac
funny

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

1 hour ago, Guac said:

1. "Also most of this shit is immersion breaking"

a. Again, subjective. Lore accurate ≠ Immersion.

immersion is being put into the game & situation you don't want lots of things reminding you you're in a game. An overbearing HUD which displays stats is very un-immersive. And if it being immersive is subjective you can't use that as an argument for it's implementation

1 hour ago, Guac said:

2. "TS can be used for both, this parallel system seems clunky at most and just not going to be used at the least."

a. This is more of a response to this whole paragraph. Could TS be utilized in such fashion? yes. Is it really that easy to managed dozens of people at a time, not all being on the same objective / mission? Not at fucking all. The voice chat system at minimum I would like to see implemented due to the fact of how much easier it is for in character communications.

Yeah but it's not much easier to organise people into squad quickly so they can all work together. If we want to divide people, which we rarely do, we can use separate TS channels. This is such a clunky addon that it nullifies any "quick utility" it may have because it'll be much slower than TS could ever be.

1 hour ago, Guac said:

3. "Most interbattalion comms is literally just RP to show off how cool your batt is, it's pretty much never important info. There is no reason to make it literally private."

a. Fair point here. While I agree we have the option with this new system to actually make it important and useful!

4. "cause x-ray is kinda just like cheating and anti immersive"

a. Guilty as charged > : ). Jk, again not defending it.

5. "Most people tend not to RDM all the time during events and most of the time we have 60+ player events so I really don't see how this is a problem we need friendly fire to solve"

a. This is either 6 head or 3 head... I cannot tell...

You literally just agree with me

1 hour ago, Guac said:

6. "It's immersion breaking just seeing people's stats cause that's not how it worked at all. It's really easy to ask for a report"

a. Now, I won't bring up the Republic Commando games in which you can directly see all of Delta Squad's health, or even the fact that you would be able to see your brothers getting shot, or even the fact that "vital scanners" are a repeated and mentioned subject in the Clone Wars. All I will say is, the limit of the addon means you will still need to call ACE reports when newar someone not in your squad.

yeah but that's Delta squad, this was not a common thing and that seems more like a game balance thing since those were literal NPCs. You cannot get an ACE report from an NPC, so they just used a health ting. No one ever helps people outside their squad unless they scream "medic" this ends all use of ACE, completely. 

1 hour ago, Guac said:

7. "The "don't use if you don't want it" idea is kicking the can down the road to inevitable universal acceptance."

a. But I thought TS was easier :monkaHmm:. If the excuse is "TS won't be used! It will become obsolete!!"..... that should tell ya something, maybe an update would be nice.

TS is easier, but all the cinrgey X-ray & health addons make it a million times more useful for combat shit, not communication. it'll be shite for communication cause it'll flat face end it. It won't make TS obsolete it'll make talking obsolete, cause all the info is right there on screen so why ever talk about anything event related. 
My point wasn't in response to TS, it was in response to it being "optional" cause it's not.

If you're really sold on the chat shit, ask for the radio addon, many more people will support that & it doesn't come with all the other trite

1 hour ago, Guac said:

8. "It'll become a requirement in some places and eventually an begrudgingly accepted part of the server"

a. It has a max of 12 players per squad. Not sure how a requirement would be implemented but I understand your concern. All I can do is offer my condolences.

Most batts don't have that many people on at once, so this just won't be an issue except in deployments, in which you said GMs are likely to disable it. This means any 12+ people issues just aren't going to be encountered

I understand you really want it, but It's just really not gonna work the way you think it will.

Edited by Comics

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Winner 1

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this