Rizzo needs PC advice

Rizzo

Hey guys, about 3 months ago I was hit by a tornado and my PC was destroyed. I just got the insurance money for it and have a budget of about $1,700 to build a new PC.

I know I want to use AMD for my CPU and mostly Corsair parts but everything else is up in the air for the build. Other than gaming I also make music and need a PC that can handle that. 

Any suggestions are welcome, pls help.

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

Bad Batch Hunter

BBstines build isn't bad, but i'm having trouble finding a 2060 that won't cost half the price of the PC. Honestly I'd build a decent computer with a dirt cheap GPU, have basically a decent web brower/gmod runnable computer, and then in a couple months get a better GPU after you've saved a bit.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Bad Batch Hunter

1 hour ago, BigBoss said:

Im running
CPU: Ryzen 2700x @ 4.2ghz
GPU: RTX 2070 with 8gb VRAM
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengance PRO @4000hmz
PSU: RM750 Gold+
MB: Asus Prime B450M-A

This is good asf. I’m definitely gonna build something like this and what @Rednecksuggested.

Bad Batch Hunter

Hey sorry meant to get to this earlier but got hammered at work, 9 hour shift turned to 12... Anyway...

With everything being how it is, #1 priority is grabbing a GPU. I wouldn't even build a parts list yet until you get one. Aim for the 3070 Ti mark or its equivalent (2080 Ti, 6700 XT, etc.)

Frame your budget around a GPU you can get. I check HardwareSwap on Reddit pretty much all the time, it's pretty reputable. Or you could do the Newegg shuffle and hope for the best. GL man!

@Rizzo

• Agree 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

11 hours ago, Black said:

the legend is finally back @Rizzo

soon. :HYPERS:

Bad Batch Hunter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder
On 9/3/2021 at 6:52 PM, Fizzik said:

With everything being how it is, #1 priority is grabbing a GPU. I wouldn't even build a parts list yet until you get one. Aim for the 3070 Ti mark or its equivalent (2080 Ti, 6700 XT, etc.)

Frame your budget around a GPU you can get. I check HardwareSwap on Reddit pretty much all the time, it's pretty reputable. Or you could do the Newegg shuffle and hope for the best. GL man!

@Rizzo Please for the love of god follow this advice. Also, widen your brands that you're comfortable with. In the market right now you don't have the option to be picky if your goal is to get one ASAP.

Rule of thumb: GPU > CPU > Motherboard > Everything else.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The other thing regarding @Jad's post is to not spend excess money on equipment that will not be useful to you. Look for your best options, multiple vendors as some may have it cheaper than others (trustworthy sites only). Don't underbuild it and don't overbuild it either, find your happy medium otherwise you either spent too much for excessive equipment or spent too much and didn't match your expectations.

If you do prebuilds or building your own just keep your eyes open. Prices are starting to decrease but they will be going up again soon *retailier warning* (even more materials will be going up in cost).

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.