Reasons for Server Suggestion Denial

Question: Why is the specific denial reason not always listed when a suggested is denied?

Comments/Concerns: As I'm looking through the suggestions that were denied, nine times out of ten, the specific reason for denial isn't listed. Instead a list of seven different reasons a suggestion may have gotten denied is the reply to it. I don't think this is helpful at all for the person who made the suggestion and for people in the future looking to suggest a similar thing. I'm not sure if it's an expectation of the person who made the suggestion to contact the person who denied it and ask them for the reasons of denial, but making it clear for everyone else to see on the forums is more informative. Just recently Guac asked why the climb swep was denied in the questions section. He got a quick reply, but asking in the questions section seems inefficient. It's much more convenient for anyone wondering why a suggestion was denied to look through the same suggestion thread.
Using this as an example and because I want to know why it was denied:

This suggestion was denied with no specific reason given, so if anyone ever wants to make the suggestion of buffing Heavy again, they have to speculate as to why the first suggestion was denied. 

Staff Member you're asking: @ Founder

Additional info: N/A

• Agree 5

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

• Founder
Founder

When we sit down and go through all the pending suggestions or ones sitting in already accepted after testing it's much faster for the team to use our automated messages for organization. The "Denied" option auto locks the thread and moves it to the denied category so we don't have to move and respond manually. We're very open to discussing why we deny suggestions and are more than willing to disclose information when it is requested.

For example: The reason why the "Buff Heavy" suggestion was denied was because of us just finishing up the recent weapon overhaul and rework, so we needed players to use the new Z-6 first before following through with the suggestion. Easiest way for that to be done is to deny the suggestion and have people wait out the 60 days before suggesting something again if they truly feel Heavy is not operating properly even after the balancing.

Another example: Model suggestions were all denied as we are currently working on a server wide model update. Doing other models at the same time of the overhaul would be a waste of time and money as a lot of changes are happening when models are releasing.

• Informative 2