GMOD is constantly tabbing me out!

So I recently got back to my dads, and been trying to play GMOD, all of a sudden if a game is fullscreen it constantly tabs me out when clicking on it! (Not just gmod, all games) I need to rapidly tap the game often with both 2 fingers too tab back in, I searched all over the internet and nothing has been working, so i turn to you guys!

ALSO my game crashes if i try to take gmod out of fullscreen!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

Forum Admin

Might sound stupid, but unplug and replug all of your display devices in the order of priority/use. After, ensure your primary game display is listed as the 1 monitor. 

If that doesn't work, go to Garrys Mod in steam. Click on settings, properties, general, then scroll to launch options; type in "-sw" which should set your display to windowed mode upon launch. See if that changes anything.

Edited by Guac

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

On 8/15/2021 at 9:11 PM, ImaJames said:

So I recently got back to my dads, and been trying to play GMOD, all of a sudden if a game is fullscreen it constantly tabs me out when clicking on it! (Not just gmod, all games) I need to rapidly tap the game often with both 2 fingers too tab back in, I searched all over the internet and nothing has been working, so i turn to you guys!

ALSO my game crashes if i try to take gmod out of fullscreen!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

Could be as simple as your Windows key needing to be cleaned. Also make sure your OS is up to date and make sure there’s no Windows defender notifications or anything.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

If you are able to set it to windowed mode and play that way, i would suggest doing so till you able to fix any hardware issues you may have. If the issue is isolated to Garry's Mod specifically, then i suggest a complete and fresh reinstall, Verify integrity of Game cache, install any addons you have, then reverify once more. You would probably get better performance and should help with the ALT-Tabbing a bit. Make sure you don't have other applications up that have priority over performance so that it knocks you out of games. I recommend if you can use it, getting Razer cortex game booster. For me personally it shuts down or stops processes that are unnecessary during gaming time and helps with the ALT-Tabbing out issue you are experiencing.

Razer Cortex 

Razer Cortex also has a defragger for your games and can help clear out unneeded files/temporary files that you can delete.

@ImaJames Please let me know if any of this information helps or answers any of your questions.

spacer.png