Admin letting CG's TK during an event.

RP Name: Fearsome

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:38593864

Staff member you are reporting: Envoy

Staff Members Steam ID (If applicable): STEAM_0:0:24580299

Staff Members Wrong-Doing: Allowing players to TK.

Explain the situation: During an event, a CG was tking and destroy tac inserts with rockets, I informed the admin running the event and he said "it sounds like a you problem"

Evidence (If applicable): Garry's Mod (x64) (gyazo.com)
Edited by AlexTheFiery
  • Funny 1
  • Dumb 1
Developer

Hi there, this event/entertainment/giving people at 6am who are active something to do at 6am, for the three people who were active (one including yourself). The CG accidentally teamkilled and destroyed your tac. I suggested if you have a problem you should report them to the commanding officer if you have an issue with how they are misusing their rockets. You also could have requested an ROAS but chose not too. Friendly fire does happen at times and is unfortunate occurrence that happens. The situation would be 100% different if he was going around and purposely targeting you or your tactical insertion  (I.E RDMing). Instead you walked in front of him while he was engaging enemies. Accidents do happen. This post leaves out context that tacs were also placed very, very close to the combat where antlion and antlion guards were pushing you and basically on your tacs. If you are placing your tactical insertions in bad locations then this may happen. Players shouldn't be punished for honest mistakes, especially during downtime.

https://gyazo.com/c8eaf5ecca6d343fd795d325232bf96e

• Winner 1

Confused Nick Young | Know Your Meme

wtf?

Instead of Complaining in OOC about something that the admin has no control over, And you have the feeling as though it was an intentional TK.

GO TALK TO THEIR COMMANDING OFFICER OR SEND THEM A DM ON DISCORD.

Edited by Bleach
Made some edits :3
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 1

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

Simply going to -1 this report due to information that has already been stated by Baron. This again could have been concluded with you speaking with A. The CG's higher ups, to investigate the situation or B. Talk to a VA or HA about this situation so they can do a investigation regarding what happened. They are there to talk to for this main reason and have no issue if you reach out to them via, TS or Discord.

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

So while from what barron says the tac destroying was an accident, I don't think the staff member saying "sounds like a you problem" is at all warranted. Thats just not a good way to handle any situation, even one where it was an accident, and gives a poor look on the staff team and the server as a whole. I think that someone should talk to envoy about how to more properly handle a situation like this in the future instead of basically telling fearsome here to fuck off. Thats just not ever how you should handle a situation and envoy can take this as a learning experience.

• Agree 5

spacer.pngspacer.png

50 minutes ago, Conrad said:

So while from what barron says the tac destroying was an accident, I don't think the staff member saying "sounds like a you problem" is at all warranted. Thats just not a good way to handle any situation, even one where it was an accident, and gives a poor look on the staff team and the server as a whole. I think that someone should talk to envoy about how to more properly handle a situation like this in the future instead of basically telling fearsome here to fuck off. Thats just not ever how you should handle a situation and envoy can take this as a learning experience.

I would absolutely agree with you and furthermore he isn't a new admin or an admin hes a senior admin and at that level I would say more should be expected from him.

The Staff team should be held to a high standard.

• Optimistic 1
  • Dumb 1

Former: Veteran Admin | 91st XO Razer | Trainer Manager | Assassin  Sith Lord | Game Master|

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

He wasn't speaking as a staff member but as a player and lets not talk about who is/isn't a good influence when there are plenty of people in higher positions and do worse or act inappropriately in more general circumstances. I all for more strict standards if they are to handed out equally and everyone is expected to uphold but i am sure that the majority wouldn't go along with any standards

Regardless of any of that what makes this directly a staff related issue vs a player report?

There no issue of staff power abuse.

Or failing to do a staff duty.

So why is this even related to staff this is just my feeling got hurt so have a staff report when you also didn't take any action in game to resolve the issue. which was against a CG shooting a rocket and splash damage destroying you tac and killing you and you didn't call staff to help, you didn't place a AOS/RAOS or complained to CG command about the person who caused your issue. instead a third party made a comment and because they have a SA next to their name thats a staff report? I fail to follow the logic as he only made a comment on the situation you've only give one singular out of context cropped screen shots implying Baron was mean to you and nothing else so you don't even have good grounds on proving what happened.

Edited by Scarecrow
  • Agree 2
Forum Admin

@ConradEnvoy is Baron. Also not an ACTUAL Staff member
Should he of said that in this scenario, no. But I don't think the staff report is really a "staff" report as he's not officially in the staff team. Nor do I believe the report was needed as accidents happen. 
The actual reason you're reporting him for aswell "Allowing players to TK" I don't agree with. Situation was blown out of proportion and this wasn't needed imo.

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

21 minutes ago, Naffen said:

Also not an ACTUAL Staff member

22 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

He wasn't speaking as a staff member but as a player and lets not talk about who is/isn't a good influence when there are plenty of people in higher positions and do worse or act inappropriately in more general circumstances.

So Obviously didn't know baron was envoy. But I think my point still stands here. This just isn't a good way to handle this situation.  Basically telling someone to fuck off isn't great, and not being an actual staff member but having the power of SA doesn't absolve you of being able to do wrong with your position, honorary staff are still held to staff standards. Like i said before I don't think anyone should be punished for this, its not like they where doing something horrible, but just in the future say "hey that looks like it was an accident, lets get back to the event" instead of "looks like a you problem", would mean this report, be it warranted or not, wouldn't have had to happen.

• Confused 3

spacer.pngspacer.png

I personally think all parties could have handled this better. Also maybe everyone understands the problems and can walk away a bit wiser having learned some lesson. 

p.s don't ask me what the lesson is, it's for each individual to determine.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

Envoy/Baron has been talked to, since he did not abuse his staff powers and didn't do anything that would get him punished/removed from staff.

He was cautioned to watch out how he refers to people in the future. 

I will be closing the report now, if you have any further questions please direct them my way or any other HA+.

• Agree 1

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh: