Executive Officer Hawk

RP Rank: 

Executive Officer

Steam ID: 

STEAM_0:0:445805193

Battalion or Squad you are applying for: 

The 501st Legion

Experience: 

I’m not going to write about my time in each position I’ve held but rather list them below somewhat in chronological order:

Clone:

• CT PVT Elevator
  • Delta Squad Sev
  • 501st PVT - MSG, JTT, Drill, Recruiter of the Month
  • Null-7 Lieutenant Mereel
  • Null-12 Sergeant A’den
  • Null-6 Lieutenant Kom’rk
  • Null-11 Captain Ordo (Null XO)
  • Delta Squad Boss
  • 41st PVT - SGT
  • Null-Class ARC Trooper Jaing
  • SOBDE Regimental Commander
  • 501st Torrent Company PVT
  • 327th PVT - SGT, K-Company
  • Delta Squad Fixer
  • Delta Squad Boss (Round 2)
  • 104th PVT - CSM, ENGL, Wolfpack Tracer
  • CG ARC SGM
  • Bad Batch Hunter
  • 332nd ARC Lieutenant Jesse
  • Torrent Company CPT Boomer
  • Torrent Company CMD Hawk
  • Executive Officer of the 501st

Other:

• Jedi Youngling - Jedi Master
  • Several Jedi Branch Management positions
  • Jedi Commander Etain Tur-Mukan
  • Naval Senior NCO and ENGO
  • Senator Lux Bonteri of Onderon
  • New Admin - Head Admin
  • Game Helper - Game Master Manager
  • Former Game Master Chief
  • Former CWRP Director
  • Trainer :) and attempted Trainer Officer :)
  • Medal of Honor Recipient

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: 

With my previous experience in leadership positions I believe I make a perfect candidate for the position. I have an immense amount of server knowledge, leadership skills, and problem solving skills that I can apply to the position of BCMD that will improve the battalion in several different ways. Since joining the 501st I've already provided these skills to the battalion with solving issues, providing a unique point of view, and improving parts of the battalion like with our Torrent Company revamp that has extremely improved the consistently failing subunit drastically. I don't have any ground breaking plans to suddenly make the 501st the most active battalion on the server and get 30+ active players a day but my main focus if given the position would be structure and roleplay. I've always taken a RP>Ruleplay standpoint and believe that if I was in the position of BCMD I would be able to provide roleplay with the rank and character and hopefully inspire others to do the same. Below I will list some of my main goals/plans whether they are major or minor but overall I want to look through every nook and cranny of the 501st's structure and make sure everything is running properly and potentially improving some systems by making changes to them. These are in no way placed in any order but rather listed as things I'd like to lookover and for transparency sake I will put it here for the community to read over and maybe give different points of views or what not. All of these changes will of course be communicated with my Officer Corps and the entire battalion so that everyone is on the same page.

501st Officer Corps

• Nothing major in this one but a full reevaluation of the Officer Corps, both people and positions, is always healthy. Making sure everyone is doing what is expected of them in their positions is necessary to battle stagnation and insubordination in the battalion.
  • With the structure of the Officer Corps there are some minor ideas I am playing around with at the moment. WO is one of them but I will make that a point by itself because it's pretty controversial. One thing I'm really looking at is what is the difference in each rank and how do Officers get promoted. (Ew no officer merits and sign ins lol) However in my time in the battalion promotions in the Officer Corps have been honestly pretty random, myself included. I'd like to work on the kinks in the Officer Corps and have a more set way of progressing in it. I also want each rank to have actual meaning rather than it really just being split up as Junior Officer and Senior Officer which also doesn't have any difference as well. 

The Warrant Officer position

• Now here is the weird one. WO in the 501st at least has been one giant flip flop. At one point it was a set lore character, at another it had CMD authority, and at another it was just the NCO babysitter. In it's current state it is just the NCO babysitter/stepping stone to Officer. There aren't a lot of crazy new ideas in my brain right now for this position other than holding the WO more accountable to the point where it isn't a super easy way to get to 2ndLT+ after their term.
  • The position of WO is up in the air for me. I keep thinking to myself is it truly needed or is there other ways to better evaluate future officers for the battalion. However a bigger problem for me is SNCOs...

Senior NCOs and their purpose

• Senior Non Commissioned Officers are ranks 1SG, SGM, and CSM. As of right now to climb through SNCO ranks all you genuinely need to do is complete your merits and meet your TIG. I personally don't like seeing people grind merits and shoot up to CSM super quick essentially just to sit there and do nothing but either wait and go through WO or get lucky and bypass WO to 2ndLT.
  • What I'm saying is I want a more clear purpose for SNCOs. They should be like officers in training to me and act like the big brothers of the NCO corps hence why I want to slow down progression through the SNCO ranks and give them more of a purpose, like shadowing officers in officer related matters like discipline, or creating a team system and assigning a number of NCOs to one SNCO and giving them tasks when in that position. I have a ton of different ideas that I want to talk over with my officers and hopefully implement for a better system.

Subunits

• This was actually my main focus when I first joined the battalion. The subunits were in horrible states and both had essentially no limit and were killing each other and the main battalion. I spent a lot of my time reworking the tryouts and stature of the 332nd with Black and Orion and with the help of Rizzo and Shockpoint I implemented my Torrent Company revamp idea which in my opinion is much better than it's old state. 
  • My main focus during my term for subunits is for them to continue to stay consistent. TC is in a really good state at the moment in terms of in game and people in the positions however I've noticed a few issues when it comes to inducting new people into the subunit that I would like to go over and make sure it is a much more proficient way to fill TC.

Regiments

• Right now regiments in the 501st are fine. I just want to make sure that the REGL position has a clear purpose and that it is being utilized properly. I then want to, with the REGL, go through and make sure every regiment has all their stuff updated and that everything is setup in a way that is efficient and not poorly made. An example if you'd like is as SUPL I do not have a tryout for SUP. Their tryout was receiving their trainings ie. ATC, ENG, and PLT. In my eyes there is no need to create more documents that essentially cover what is already covered in other documents. I hate documents btw. Most of the time people want to join SUP and don't have their trainings myself or my SUPO can train them in what they need and boom there's a tryout. 
  • TL;DR I want every regiment to be as proficient as possible and not have unnecessarily long tryouts or documents covering useless things.

Documentation

• This is actually my big one. I want to make sure that I have all important documents for the battalion in one area for easy access and I also want to evaluate some documents. Things like having a separate roster for regiments when it's already on our main roster is what I am referring to. Essentially I want to cut down on excess documents and make sure we have every document we truly need and make sure they are all up to date and easy to access for those that need to access them. A lot of channels in our discord have several documents pinned to the same channel and most of them are outdated.

Promoting Roleplay and Activity

• I work full time and try to put in as many hours as I can in my timezone. Rex is a huge character in Star Wars and I know I can provide great roleplay with the character and hopefully promote the rest of my battalion to roleplay themselves. As an honorary SA I will be more than glad to setup constant entertainments for the battalion to keep up activity. My main focus will always be roleplay and I want to promote that in anyway that I can.

Implementing and Suggesting New Ideas for the 501st

• Obviously over time new ideas will pop up, whether they are from me or from people in my battalion. I want to spend my entire term essentially brain storming new ways to do things and new ways to reward players in the 501st. I'm always open for suggestions from others and I'm always down to discuss any of these suggestions. These can be suggestions that I can probably implement myself or potentially suggestions that would require a server suggestion that hey, maybe I won't be around for it when it eventually gets added but I know the future generation of the battalion will find uses for it and appreciate it so that's all that matters.

TL;DR I'm gonna spend a lot of time looking at every little thing in the battalion in order to make sure it is setup the best it can be. I have a ton of stuff to look and work on that I definitely didn't cover above. A huge deal to me is making sure to properly communicate any and every little change I do to the proper people being Officers, NCOs, REGOs, or the entire battalion. Communication and transparency like I've already mentioned is extremely important to me and I plan to be as transparent as possible. 

Do you understand the lore of your Battalion or Squad?: 

Yes I do.

Availability: 

I work full time mostly 7am - 4pm CST so I normally play a few hours after work most days.

Estimate of how long you have played on Synergy:

I joined on August 12th, 2018 and have played for 7709:22:08

Do you have a microphone?: 

Yes I do.

Where do you want your Battalion or Squad at the end of your term?:

By the end of my term I want to have completed all my goals for the battalion. Honestly I have a lot I want to do and I really feel like I'm failing to communicate that in this application but I intend on completing every task I've setout to do. Obviously I want to have promoted roleplay and activity throughout my term and hopefully I was able to inspire others to truly actively roleplay rather than sit and wait for events. Hopefully I manage to setup systems that will continue even after I'm gone to promote transparency in the battalion. I also want to have found a successor if I am not going for another term which I never make promises this early so don't ask.

Not gonna lie I wrote this all up extremely quick and my brain is melting on this question but I want to have made an impact on the battalion, both on the people and on the structure of the battalion which has been my main talking point. There is a lot I am setting out to do that may take me the entire term or may even take me hardly half the term however I want to do these things and improve the battalion in anyway I truly can. Most people would answer this with the "I want my battalion to be active and good" but genuinely there are tons of ways that can get out of my control so I want to focus on making the battalion fun for the people that stick around so that hopefully their time comes and I can pass the torch.

Do you understand if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: 

I do.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and that you must reapply after three months to maintain your Commander rank?:

I do.

[DISCLAIMER]

My activity has lowered this last week and a half due to irl/work and I just came off LOA a few days ago so my hours are not the best if anyone goes snooping. I'm trying to get back into the groove of things and I will also be going on another LOA next weekend for a family trip. 

Like always if you have any questions or concerns leave them below or feel free to message me privately either here on the Forums or on Discord. My Discord is: Ruusaar#1337.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application!

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 1
  • Pay Respect 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1

Didn't think it was real. 
Marvel you are one of the best leaders and coolest dudes I know. You are always striving for better and always assisting and just being a warm, welcoming person. I believe you'll do amazingly. Just don't resign half way through please..

• Friendly 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

+1, hopefully this term goes better than your Hunter term!

• Agree 1

Hi, I'm Marsh, I'm 19, I work at Disney Land as a Mickey Mouse Actor and get paid minimum wage. My mother kicked me out the house so I live with my Grandma. Hit me up on discord for some gaming times!

+1 Solid application, solid dude. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do marvelous!

• Friendly 1

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

Called it +1

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Forum Admin

+1. But don't get burnt out if you were hesitant on staying

• Agree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1 spacer.png

• Friendly 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

4 minutes ago, Snadvich said:

+1 oh no

+1 OH YES

• Optimistic 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 Actually mans atc at night what a champ

• Winner 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1 but don’t forget your still grounded 

on a serious note on of the best applicants for this Battalion he is dedicated to the 501st and I’m sure he will strive far and push the 501st in the right direction 

Edited by JaBaku
  • Friendly 1

+1 

You’ll do amazing.

• Friendly 1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

Bad Batch Hunter

Mighty +1 from me. With Black In Rancor now, I see no reason for you not to take over. You're funny and I genuinely enjoy our interactions. Not only this, but you have an app that's incredibly hard to question

• Friendly 1

Former: A lot of shit dude

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Winner 1
  • Informative 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management