Question about synergy's "server title"

Question: Why doesnt synergy advertise about new updates and our new models coming in the server selection title thingy? Would that not make new people more interested and excited to see whats going on? I would assume that since were always looking for new players why not advertise and make people know about the cool new stuff were getting? 

Comments/Concerns: The title could be something like "Synergy | Clone Wars Main | New model update and Weapon overhaul!

Staff Member you're asking: @Forseen @Jad @Dragon

Additional info: I think this could spark some people coming from other servers or new players to get excited to see what synergy has to offer just so that maybe players from other servers know that synergy is getting really good updates and that development is always happening. 

I would also like to see what other members takes on this would be (:

:| hello? Anyone there ;-;

Edited by Arizona
Just realized deytona is forum mod durrhhhh
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1
  • Retired Founder

Hey @Arizona,
Sorry this has gone unanswered for so long.

This is something that we (the current founder team) haven't even discussed since taking over the community as it has been a very low priority for us compared to the amount of update work, balancing & tidying up we have been doing around the community to try and make the community day-to-day smoother. Which means the following is coming as a perspective of my own and in no way reflects the entire founder team's decision on the matter.

Personally I remember the old founders trying this a few times and we saw either no result or negative result (roughly 5-10% less players joining the server daily) from having things such as "NEW MODELS" or "RECENT UPDATE" in the server title. Personally, I feel as though this makes the server look a little less professional, where as (As you will see) most other servers that are in the higher tiered rankings of any roleplay server on Garry's Mod, don't have anything like this in their titles.

I know this sounds completely cringey, however, most people when looking for a roleplay experience, are looking for either, 1. A place to minge and muck around because "haha you RP on a gmod server", or 2. A place in which they can indulge themselves in roleplay. Obviously the latter of the two is the targeted audience that we want to draw in, but by putting something in the title, it looks as though we are a struggling server that needs the extra help and will actually attract the opposite.

However, this is definitely not a closed topic and is something myself and the other founders may speak about in future and who knows, maybe one day implement, but also it could be something we decide that we are completely against. As I said, it's yet to be discussed.

Hope this clears things up for you a little bit.

• Informative 1
Forum Admin

Question Answered

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums