Battalion Vs Battalion [BvB]

We need to bring the tournaments back and have the commentary team it was actually so good and brings opportunities for staff to do stuff and troopers brings more activity and entertainment!

Aye I'm in 212th!

I thought we had someone start hosting them again a little bit ago (I remember someone announcing DU vs SOBDE I think?), but it seems like it has dropped again suddenly.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

Forum Admin
2 hours ago, Taz said:

In all seriousness BVB was actually fun to do. just cause you dont know how to adapt to a 2004 sandbox game's hit registry and hitboxes, doesnt mean you gotta be insecure about itΒ 

Why isn't "funny winner" aΒ reaction

• Agree 1

πŸŽ€ Β π™΅πšŠπš›πš πš‚πš–πšŽπš•πš•πšŠ Β πŸŽ€
<3

• Founder
Founder

Soonβ„’

• Winner 4
  • Pay Respect 1
Forum Admin

Seeming the weapon update is releasing very soon i'm pretty sure the BvBs will be soon aswell

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

I will only accept @Shockpointcommentary

• Friendly 1

Kal SkirataΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β BactaΒ Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β MarvelΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Retired Founder
13 hours ago, Taz said:

In all seriousness BVB was actually fun to do. just cause you dont know how to adapt to a 2004 sandbox game's hit registry and hitboxes, doesnt mean you gotta be insecure about itΒ 

It’s also good to get a break from BvB from time to time. Doing the same thing all the time can get stale and boring. Hence the change to weekly deployments in the weekends for a little while!

• Optimistic 1
11 minutes ago, Forseen said:

It’s also good to get a break from BvB from time to time. Doing the same thing all the time can get stale and boring. Hence the change to weekly deployments in the weekends for a little while!

What I’m hearing is change the map back to venator extensive.Β 

• Funny 1
  • Optimistic 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

BvB was fun when I could spam crouch and mess with my hit boxes and be toxic and cause a whole battalion to outrage and make a forum post about losing and also I loved the part where we never got our prizes for winning

• Confused 1

β€œI’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

BvB isn't healthy for inter-battalion relationships. It hampers it more byΒ creating necessary competitive tensions and adds elitism. Anyone remember how SOBDE use to only want shooters than RPers?
BvB adds more toxicity to the server and right now, since BvB hasn't happened it's been for the better. Overall toxicity amongst the player base has gone down from at least what I've seen.Β I'd assume most people come here to either roleplay or play a cooperative shooter, not to join FaZe clan. If you want competitive shooting go create/sponsor a Synergy Roleplayβ„’ ESL/MLG team.

• Disagree 1
23 minutes ago, Forseen said:

Put me in the game coach

Edited by Craigary

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Management
35 minutes ago, Baron said:

BvB isn't healthy for inter-battalion relationships. It hampers it more byΒ creating necessary competitive tensions and adds elitism. Anyone remember how SOBDE use to only want shooters than RPers?
BvB adds more toxicity to the server and right now, since BvB hasn't happened it's been for the better. Overall toxicity amongst the player base has gone down from at least what I've seen.Β I'd assume most people come here to either roleplay or play a cooperative shooter, not to join FaZe clan. If you want competitive shooting go create/sponsor a Synergy Roleplayβ„’ ESL/MLG team.

I would love to see more PVE or RP orientated BVBs/server events rather than PVP. Things like citadel challenges were always cool but die after the first attempt lol.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

So to throw some light onto when BVB will see its return. We have had talks about it for a while when the right time was to bring it back and the conclusion was to waitΒ Atleast 2-3 weeks after the Weapon update.Β That way people have adapted to the new stats and we were not making a major shift inbetween the tournament.Β 

We haveΒ Full intentions on bringing BVB back. This however, takes alot of work. Coordinating with high command, the GM Team and also the High Staff team. We need to decide on what the bestΒ time to do this is, what kind of format and how long we want this to run for. I want there to be gamemodes made from the start, (4 Gamemodes is the plan) and also decide on the format (Double Elim or Group+Playoffs).Β 

Its still early days for the preperation, So i dont want to give any promises here. Ill provide more news when I can, but for now I trust that you can all wait a little longer, cause we want to do this right and we dont want it to be rushed. Im happy some people havent forgot about it and very hopeful to get this running Soonβ„’.

• Informative 2

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

1 minute ago, Taz said:

That’s cool and all but what about that time you fingerbanged a padawan

What about the time you had original jokes.

• Funny 2

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

23 hours ago, Taz said:

I was saying shut up bc Wren sucks at PVP and he would get wiped by me

πŸŒ“πŸŒ™

It happened so often it got mega stale

Also it was always slightyΒ biased towards SOBDE (probably fixed now), & Naval (who used to always get the best picks from every battalion)
But apart from that it was aight

i feel like some of the alternate game modes could've used some work or refining
& map choice was sometimes just absolute dog water, like extensive just did not work for CTF

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

1 hour ago, Comics said:

It happened so often it got mega stale

Also it was always slightyΒ biased towards SOBDE (probably fixed now), & Naval (who used to always get the best picks from every battalion)
But apart from that it was aight

i feel like some of the alternate game modes could've used some work or refining
& map choice was sometimes just absolute dog water, like extensive just did not work for CTF

Cap.

when I was running bvb I had all kinds of different game modes and shit literally everytime was different. I spent hours and hours making shit work in gmod and all people did was complain lmao

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

I dont understand why people say it makes people toxic or will cause drama. I think if you are scared or worried about people flexing on you and hurting your feeling because they beat you in a Star Wars RP server on GMOD then i think you have bigger problems in your life and should not go to BvB's. BvB is something that give people something to do instead of sitting on the main server doing nothing all day. +1 bring them back!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1

DEUS VULT

The Wannabe&#39;s Corner | qipaos: Knightfall trailer aesthetics (x) ...

49 minutes ago, Deathtiger said:

I dont understand why people say it makes people toxic or will cause drama. I think if you are scared or worried about people flexing on you and hurting your feeling because they beat you in a Star Wars RP server on GMOD then i think you have bigger problems in your life and should not go to BvB's. BvB is something that give people something to do instead of sitting on the main server doing nothing all day. +1 bring them back!

You just described exactly why they're an issue for toxicity.
People use it to push the superiority of their battalion, which causes strong inter-battalion rivalries. The "flexing" is the toxicity not how people respond to it. I personally don't believe it's ever been too much of a problem but acting like it isn't one is kind of ignorant
BvB is not something which "gives people something to do instead of sitting on main", it sometimes stops us being bored on main but that's just not the point of it. It mainly serves to get people invested in the server & want to do better as a battalion. A "friendly" competition to get battalions working together to do the best they can. It provides what events cannot, an actual combat challenge.

• Winner 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

IMO PVP oriented BVBs only brings toxicity to the server, if we do bring them back (which there are some ideas for) it would require us to come up with fun activities that people can enjoy that isn't sweaty GMOD gunfights.

Ultimately, it comes down to certain groups having a much higher competitiveness to the point where it becomes a detriment to others on the server who just want to have fun. If we do PVP stuff I'd just kick people out of the tournament that are turning things toxic or keep things alot more low key instead of trying to hype it up into this big thing that people need to win so they can brag to everyone that they won a SWRP PVP tournament.

• Disagree 1
  • Winner 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

Β 

I would prefer PVE/other challenges that battalions could compete over. Fizzik did something like this last year that I heavily enjoyed.Β There was a BARC race, PVE sim, and a battle royale at the very end. That last one was only two rounds and was too short to upset people.Β All of which was on the event server using the HFG universe map. There are endless ideas that are far better than just PVP

Β 

Edited by Katy

spacer.png

Former:Β Rancor PVTΒ | Special Operations SGM |Β Jedi AstromechΒ | GuardianΒ | B2 Battle Droid

7 hours ago, Katy said:

I would prefer PVE/other challenges that battalions could compete over. Fizzik did something like this last year that I heavily enjoyed.Β There was a BARC race, PVE sim, and a battle royale at the very end. That last one was only two rounds and was too short to upset people.Β All of which was on the event server using the HFG universe map. There are endless ideas that are far better than just PVP

Β 

Just so I don't steal his credit, the BARC race and battle Royale stuff was all Kojak, I just "hosted" it since he wasn't a game master.

• Winner 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:14 AM, Forseen said:

From how many years ago? Under old leadership...

yes, the list of winners and participants just kept being handed down to someone else until it was lost and basically no one got the prize

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Sanchez said:

b4ccdb6e4c84eef9019c7eafc081c853.png

@PiffΒ Cap

Most of the ones that wanted a ts icon never spoke to ron about it so it never got done. Everything that was able to be down through the box was.Β 

yeah i remember and me never got, which i didnt really care for it, at the end of the day, also just wanted to make sure people got their prizes

Edited by Piff

spacer.png

I miss BvB, but only when the teams were balanced. I had matches where my battalion got curb stomped and it sucked. I also has matches where my battalion curb stomped the other team, and it wasn't really satisfying. But those matches where it could go either way by 1 shot, man those were blood pumping

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg