Bacta-Advertise the Server

Bacta

Name: Bacta

RP Rank: CMD

Suggestion: 

Advertise the server on social media platforms effectively highlighting  server highlights and hype for updates/extremly big events this could easily be ran by a Founder/Managment and hiring a editor could be with ease

Implementation:

I think at the moment of time we should push for these platforms

Instagram-Cool server pics and reposts from the tiktok focused account,.

TikTok-General Server highlights and "Funny Moments" (This will most likely be the bulk of what the server can offer and reach the widest audience)

Youtube-Hype for server updates and such, the map tease went well with the server pop went pushed out

This could easily be used as a means of advertising and sharing with tiktok/instagram with the correct hashtags 

Other:

With the server population down i believe steps could be taken forward to attract newer people to the server and into the community of SWRP, i understand the idea is semi foreign but i think we should push for more, for the past couple weeks server pop has been down alot with peaks of high 60s during times,  I think as the community we should push and show off our server, This is something no other server has really done and i just mainly wanna shoot ideas as atm i think this could be something extremly unique.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 4

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

I think this is a really good idea to get new players into garrys mod and our server. Right now it feels like a lot of people are “recycled” meaning old members rejoining. The problem with this isn’t that old members are bad, but sooner or later you run out of old members to come. This could be a very good way to get new players, and while I’m not an editor or anything I would be more then willing to give whatever I could to promote and progress this idea. 
+1

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 Gmod SWRP memes are hype on Tik Tok and YouTube shorts. You could just find old ass clips of this server and upload em', and that's free advertisement

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

+1 and there’s pros to this, but also cons

So with advertising using old clips like you’re saying that’s misleading, so you’d have to make or find newer clips and do that.

in regards to new clips I’m going to be 100% honest, the server in its current state will not be that appealing in game unless it’s something retarded or really cool, most people are not going to wanna see you RPing seriously because most people just want to have fun and fuck around and yeah yeah we’re an RP server, but for the most part no one gives two shits about SeriousRP. (Also cause a lot of people see RP games like this as cringy and shit)

in regards to having the founders control this, I’ve seen another server that I was staff on have a literal team for this type of stuff and they called it media team or some shit, but having a dedicated team for it would be better, getting an editor also shouldn’t really be a concern tbh cause it’s fuckin GMod you’re not going to make it look super clean regardless.

Doing this also will attract a lot of minges or people who wanna RP, but there’s two ways to go appeal to the People who wanna RP and show cool shit or appeal to the people who wanna minge and show retard moments, and of course you’re most likely to get more people with retard moments, but that’s also more short term members for the most part with the exception of a few people.

Also at the end of the day, there’s no guarantee you’ll have a lot of views or people joining through this, there’s millions of other post and the chances are still low and I would say try not just make it about the server, but try to appeal to people who like Star Wars in general, that itself will make people who have a pattern of liking Star Wars content see and ad for the server.

also forgot to add, to make the server and events look good and shit, GMs will also have to put in more effort into main server events or make really good deployments so there’s also that, not just simply about advertising, other parts have to be included and improved for this to work efficiently

Edited by Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

Forum Admin

nvm

Edited by Guac

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1

Just keep in mind that these accounts would have to be updated in timely fashions. So honestly expecting 4 guys who already do everything for the server could push it. HOWEVER @Jadmake the Synergy PR team lol

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Forum Admin

+1 but only if @Marshhmakes the tiktok acct

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a fantastic idea, obviously it’ll take some time to get going; and new standards would have to be met for the content to be appropriate for certain platforms but I think it’s doable.

+1, let’s get some PR started!

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Founder
Founder

At this time we're not looking to launch an official social media account for Synergy. But that's not stopping others from posting Synergy related material elsewhere on their own.

• Disagree 1
  • Confused 1