Bacta-Redemption Event

Bacta

7/10 - Great event! I had a great time playing Hunter and working with the Bad Batch in this style event.

Pros
- Free player choice
- Great RP for the Players
- Unique story per usual

Cons
- Optimization and lack of direction in some areas. I think this one was the biggest con as it hurt my experience crashing twice during the first part.

Overall, thanks for the event!

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

10/10 Loved the event good work Bacta!

Hi, I'm Marsh, I'm 19, I work at Disney Land as a Mickey Mouse Actor and get paid minimum wage. My mother kicked me out the house so I live with my Grandma. Hit me up on discord for some gaming times!

7/10 

Really really good idea. As you yourself stated, the first map was a little bit of a poor choice due to being unoptimized. However, you as a game master preformed really well and attempted your best to try and run it. The ending and all the other stuff was really just very poor player communication and poor player choice.

I have a small recommendation that could help with some of the major confusion during events like this. Whenever you use the intercom to relay important information, you also try to put it in advert chat as well. It is often times almost impossible to hear the intercom over the insane amount of gunfire and in - game / TS communications going on. I think this would honestly really help to keep everyone on the same page, seeing as if someone doesn't hear you they could always scroll back up in chat and look at what you have said. 

Edited by Striker
Adding something on

Disclaimer that I was only there for the first half

7/10 It was decent but communication between clone and Jedi with what was allowed and what wasn't was very weak and when the Jedi got additional abilities halfway through the event that we were not told about it made it a bit confusing and frustrating for some players. Lag got very out of hand near the end and the orders that we got seemed to be a bit sporadic, and as one of the few groups that has to follow orders it made the event a bit less enjoyable and made things get pretty chaotic. I think a lot of things in the first half didn't go as planned and the Jedi were a bit stronger than you expected, but I imagine that you had a nice recovery in the second half once you were able to get things back on course. Overall, not too bad but I think a lot of the issues were extremely avoidable.

Former:

Jedi Youngling

My rating for Bacta's event setup and his actions as a gamemaster - 8/10

Alright, I'm going to try and articulate my thoughts on this event. 

Firstly, the map lagging and crashing was NOT Bacta's fault, and I don't blame the GM team at all for this part. It was a little disjointed, but you guys pivoted and continued the event really well. The event setup and the RP based actions from the GM and his team were excellent (top tier). 

What killed this event for me was actually the players participating in the event. There was WAY too much powergaming that kind of dragged the event down. Here are some examples: Jedi spamming Diamond storm, using Whirlwind to smash people down, and spamming Force Reflect constantly. The one thing that really pissed me off was a particular individual that supposedly planted an explosive in the generator of the Venator, eventually "blowing it up" and killing everyone on board. This is the essence of powergaming in my eyes. Basically, there's no counterplay to someone "sneaking" into the generator room and putting a charge down there - it doesn't make sense in RP and is really just a scummy thing to do. 

I acknowledge that this was mostly outside the GM's control, and I give big props to Bacta for rolling with it and adjusting the narrative to just the ship being damaged and a fleet dropping in. Great job with turning a negative event like this into something reasonable. 

To sum it all up, thanks Bacta for the deployment. I think you should reign in the idea of "anyone can do anything" and more solidly implement the rules. If people aren't doing what they should be and breaking their character RP entirely (like the situation above), it's my personal opinion that  you should warn them and/or kick em out. 

• Winner 3

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

4/10 I understand it's impossible to control players, but it hurt the overall experience a lot. People broke rules on both sides, and that isn't your fault. Lag was an insane issue, the event was confusing the entire time, and overall it just felt unplanned. I've seen this multiple times coming from you as a GH or EJ, even as a player occasionally, but you need to take time and plan things out with a concrete plan and backups. You did that with the 10 year deployment series, and it really showed. In the end I still had fun, but the confusion and misdirection really bogged it down. 

• Informative 1

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png