RoadMap/Server Pop

Question: Does the server/High staff have any solution or ideas to increase server pop, also would the server ever come out with a roadmap to see the future of what we can be expecting to come for synergy? 
Comments: I am commenting this because there has been a trend with all servers where the community waits for a long time for one large update that increases server pop. The thing behind this is when the new update comes out, server pop increases then several weeks later players already get bored of what they're given. The solution I was thinking would be to take all the server suggestions and categorize them into sections. Then Every 2-3 Months each section would get the update to the server. This would possibly keep server pop higher with new content coming out every few months keeping players engaged. The Idea for Suggestions would be. {Battalions},  {Server/Map}, {Additions}, Etc. I also feel like having community events/Holiday events to interact with the players would have good enjoyment for players. I'm aware this rambles on but I would like to hear what we got planned to be the best SWRP server on GMOD that we should strive to be the best available.
Staff I'm asking: @ Founder@ Director

• Agree 1
  • Informative 5
  • Founder
Founder

We already got rid of the "waiting for a big update" concept a while ago. Prior to the weapons rework there is already a smaller update planned for current server suggestions and bug fixes as well as a few other things that will be going into motion. I understand that this one however has taken an extra month considering the last one was put out in January, but there have been several obstacles along the way that have prevented a lot of work being done such as getting the new map/v3 properly working, the server box switch which was a pretty big inconvenience (as you can tell by the issues with the event server) and other work that has popped up in my life, as well as other founders. We definitely want to get content out to you guys consistently but it requires a lot more effort than just adding new stuff into the server. Currently our load in is around 11-13 gb which can be seen as fairly large to some people. In addition we have to constantly combat lag by cleaning up old stuff on the backend whenever something new is added. 

Nevertheless, we still have a lot of stuff planned for you guys especially with summer coming up. A lot of stuff is unannounced and I don't really like putting things out there when they are in development which gets peoples hopes up in case things don't work out as expected which I am sure frustrates you guys as well. In short, update is already being worked on, big weapons rework/balance coming too but will not directly hold up a suggestion/bug fix update for you guys, and there will also be a ton of other things that Maxwell and I will be throwing at the server. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them. 

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
  • 2 months later...
Forum Admin

Question Answered

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums