Allow People to delete their posts

Hanz

Name:Hanz

Suggestion: Allow people to delete their own posts

Why should we implement this? Add a Delete Button

How will this improve the Forums? I feel many times someone puts something up in the heat of the moment or without thinking and a delete button would cause a lot less drama. One issue that I can see from this is Rep farming by deleting a post with a lot of negative rep, but I assume there is a way to stop that from happening. I think the Forum Mods should still be able to see what someone deleted just like they can see what someone edited. The only proper way to delete something right now is to contact someone to take it down, or by editing it to say nothing, both of which are not as effective of a delete button.

• Winner 1

🌓🌙

So unless its changed since i was forum mod you can't delete, you just hide things or move them somewhere that normal users can't see.

However I'm gonna -1 this one considering you're talking about blanket being able to remove any post, because of one big area, Applications and Suggestions. People should not be able to delete their application or suggest as a public record of all these instances should exist. Its very important to be able to look back for integrity for these things and they should not be able to be removed by the poster.

However if you're just asking to be allowed to delete things you post in off-topic, I'd +1 it.

• Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

So unless its changed since i was forum mod you can't delete, you just hide things or move them somewhere that normal users can't see.

However I'm gonna -1 this one considering you're talking about blanket being able to remove any post, because of one big area, Applications and Suggestions. People should not be able to delete their application or suggest as a public record of all these instances should exist. Its very important to be able to look back for integrity for these things and they should not be able to be removed by the poster.

However if you're just asking to be allowed to delete things you post in off-topic, I'd +1 it.

I guess that does make sense. UPDATE TO SUGGESTION: Make General Posts able to be deleted but not any suggestions, reports, or applications.

🌓🌙

• Retired Founder

Another issue that also arises, if someone posts something explicit or hurtful towards someone, the person it was hurtful towards sees it but it is then deleted and no screenshot proof is provided, then no real punishment can be given as it becomes an argument of person 1 vs person 2.

Also, with not deleting posts, it deletes records of things that have happened, for example, someone may be warned for their post & then deletes it, this will delete their warning points & will also make it so that there is nothing on the forums saying that they ever did anything wrong and repeat offenders would look like new offenders.

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, Forseen said:

Another issue that also arises, if someone posts something explicit or hurtful towards someone, the person it was hurtful towards sees it but it is then deleted and no screenshot proof is provided, then no real punishment can be given as it becomes an argument of person 1 vs person 2.

Also, with not deleting posts, it deletes records of things that have happened, for example, someone may be warned for their post & then deletes it, this will delete their warning points & will also make it so that there is nothing on the forums saying that they ever did anything wrong and repeat offenders would look like new offenders.

Could there be a way that Forum Mods can see the logs just like they can see edits? I think that would remove the majority of those issues. And someone could still be punished for something they deleted, but it just won't be public anymore

• Agree 1

🌓🌙

Despite me wishing I could undo some stuff in the past, I've resigned to the idea that shit happens. Sometimes you have a bad day, sometimes you don't communicate things properly, and sometimes people just disagree with you. This community is filled with very forgiving people, and despite the fact that they get pissed off at each other, in the end, everyone usually realizes that humans are gonna human.

• Agree 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

This gets shot down everytime. Stop trying. You can edit a post to say void, and the title to say void, which keeps the logs intact for mods so if necessary they can warn/ban me-Whoever is causing issues

Edited by Logic

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

Is it possible to allow users to hide their own posts, like how forum mods can hide posts? That way if I don't want a post to be seen, it won't, but there's still a record of it in case staff need to see it.

• Agree 2

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

On 4/18/2021 at 12:43 AM, Finn said:

Is it possible to allow users to hide their own posts, like how forum mods can hide posts? That way if I don't want a post to be seen, it won't, but there's still a record of it in case staff need to see it.

I can see that still being problematic, but im not invested enough to say why. 

Honestly. Just edit your post to say void, its no big deal

• Confused 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

13 hours ago, Logic said:

I can see that still being problematic, but im not invested enough to say why. 

Honestly. Just edit your post to say void, its no big deal

If you're not invested, don't comment. I stand by my post, and I'm not gonna void it because you give a vague dissention.

• Agree 3

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

On 4/19/2021 at 11:47 PM, Finn said:

If you're not invested, don't comment. I stand by my post, and I'm not gonna void it because you give a vague dissention.

I wasn't telling you to void, I just meant if you have a post to delete.