Positivity Through Expression

Hello, 

A lot of people on this server have a lot of different back grounds and have been through different situations. It’s apart of what makes us, us. Diversity is strength and this server is no exception.

Its good to talk about thinks you aspire to do and things you have done you are proud of.

Use this thread to express something you’ve done (biggest accomplishment in life basically) And a goal you have ( a bucket list item/ Something you want to achieve or experience in your lifetime) 

Ill go first 

Biggest accomplishment - I’ve done a lot in my life but something that made me feel really good, and I can think about that makes me feel alive is, catching the sunset at a beach near my old house on the west coast of florida, then driving across the state with my fiancé and some of my best friends, to then catch the sun rise on the east side of Florida (the beach wasn’t the best but it was breath taking).

Something I wish to do in my lifetime - Be normal. In the regard that you would expect a normal white picket fence family to be. Settle down with a family, work a good job, kids, and goats. (kind of cheating here having two but meh) I would also like to improve my leadership abilities and communication skills.

These are just examples of my own responses but yours can be anything. 

The person with the coolest answers gets anyrhing off the synergy store Equal to or less than 100 US dollars. 

Good luck y’all I’ll be picking Sunday 14 Mar 2021 @ 12pm (noon) CST

• Friendly 7
  • Optimistic 2

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Biggest accomplishment - not really done much, I guess I got some good grades but that doesn't matter ,my dad said he's proud of me out of the blue recently and that really meant a lot to me.

Something I wish to do in my lifetime - beat adulthood, it really is looking like it sucks dick.

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 3

My biggest accomplishment- Finished my Eagle Scout project, I was 17 and didn’t really wanna do it rather play football and games then I finally got off my ass and Started asking around for donations for the project idea I had in my mind I went from store to store in the area sent out a bunch of letters and received enough money to start my project which was to tear down our old park bridge that was deemed a safety hazard, so we tore it down and rebuilt it sanded the beams and primed and painted it and finished it and I got to watch some of the kids run across and play in the creek and just made me feel like I did something

Something I want to do in my lifetime: Leave a Mark, I’m a Personnel Trainer and I hear from my clients or Just from people how sad they are or how hard life is and I Want to imprint on everyone to puss through it and love themselves b4 seeking it in others, I want my voice to stick in there head where they know they are and will be something, especially in hard times.

• Friendly 1

I started playing GMOD May 17th, 2017, At this time, I was a seventh grader and I was an, interesting character to say the least. Dressed weird, awkward in many social situations, and while I had longtime friends, I was pretty isolated from them because they were meeting new people in middle school and growing up and I frankly, wasn't. I delved into this game because of what Clone Wars was to me, and that is the single most influential piece of media that has ever affected me. I grew up watching this show, and just being absolutely encapsulated. I would always be bouncing up and down when I was in 4th or 5th grade to turn on the new episode from Season 3 every week, and I really didn't know what I had till it was gone. That is, until I discovered Icefuse,  which later turned into Synergy, and I met people like @BlackMamba @Jaggerand other people I still consider close friends. Garrysmod and SWRP had become my life. I poured hours upon hours into this game, would clock 12 hours a day for weeks at a time, being the clone trooper I always wanted to be as a kid. This game truly was one of the greatest things I had ever played, and I was absolutely smitten with who I met and what I could be.
That is, until a year later, after I had just "graduated" 8th grade, and I looked back on my life. My hair had grown down to my shoulders, my appearance was ugly, a good friend to me now told me she thought I looked homeless back then, and I had completely lost out on some of the most impactful years of my life. My real life. It was that summer that a good friend of mine finally showed me how to break out of my shell, my greatest accomplishment to date. I cut my hair, reshuffled my clothes, and actually managed to talk to girls, and held down a girlfriend for a solid 9 months. But I always looked back at this game, and wondered what I was missing. Because everyone always comes back. Except this time, I learned how to do both. I currently hang out with my friends every weekend, reminisce about good times, and sometimes look back on myself 5 years ago and laugh about who I was. But I still play this game. And I play it because of the friends I met here, how I learned that I can balance my real life and Garrysmod and what has really transformed my desires as of late.

When I came back in June of 2020, I was in 212th, expecting to just hang around for a week, and then dip after I had had my fun. But I haven't. When I started doing voices ingame for the first time as a joke, I surprised even myself at how accurate I was with some of them, and how good they sounded. I wont ever forget when I first did maul for @Conradand 501st to re-enact the siege of Mandalore, only to be flooded with people saying I was amazing. I really didn't expect this, and I started to do more voices afterward. I perfected Dee Bradley Bakers voice, and have almost mastered Temuerra Morrison, along with many other noteworthy characters. It was Garrysmod that primed me for what I want to do in my later years. I want to be a voice actor, and use my talent to provide 4th and 5th graders with movies or shows they can watch every week and change their lives, the way Clone wars and Garrysmod touched mine. It is going to be a long, long road ahead of me, but after how many people I have impressed upon with my voice, I am absolutely confident I can do it, and do what I have grown to love alongside you guys the past 9 months I have been back.

"If a man loves his job, he will never have to work a day in his life"

Edited by Shockpoint
  • Friendly 3

If you use the RC Shotgun you are automatically cringe.

11 minutes ago, Shockpoint said:

When I started doing voices ingame for the first time as a joke, I surprised even myself at how accurate I was with some of them, and how good they sounded. I wont ever forget when I first did maul for @Conradand 501st to re-enact the siege of Mandalore, only to be flooded with people saying I was amazing.

One of the best story remakes i've ever participated in. Second only to my final event as rex.

• Friendly 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

I’ve already said my greatest achievement, so far, in one of my posts. All I’ll say to people is don’t give up on your dreams in life. If gaming makes you happy, then do a career in game design. If space makes you happy, then follow me in a career in Aerospace. Dont let anyone tell you you can’t succeed in life. 

Former: Liaison

My biggest achievement was when I officially became a Polyglot in spring of last year, as I proved that I now can hold a native level conversation in English, French, Korean, and Portuguese. (Yes I know, it's quite a wacky assortment of languages. And no, I can't switch between them seamlessly.)

As for something to achieve in the future there are a couple things that come to mind. I'd like to leave the U.S and live somewhere else to do my own thing. Life where I am is a tad suffocating and bland so might as well say fuck it and try somewhere else. Also mating with a Female KPOP star doesn't sound half bad lmao, but that's a side quest tbh. Lastly learning to beatbox and throat sing from someone, @Fizzikis kinda butt fingers at teaching me, though he sounds rad when he does it.

My biggest accomplishment so far was a competition called The Source America Design Challenge, it is a National competition where High School Engineering Teams compete from all across the United States. The goal of the competition is to work with a company around the area you live in that employs people with disabilities, and to research the employees while they are working and find out what their biggest struggle is during work. Then we were to design and make a device/product to help them with their everyday job. One of the jobs that the employees had at the company we worked with in Lawrence, Kansas was packing small plastic baggies with medical supplies. They had to pack the baggies with a syringe, wet wipe, and a bandage, but many of the employees had limited use of their hands and had trouble with this. So my group designed 3 devices to help them 1. Open the bag 2. Load the bag with supplies and 3. Close the bag. We went through many different designs until we found the one that the employees loved and it worked great. Unfortunately because of COVID, the competition was cut short and they never announced the winner but we made it to top 10 Nationally and I felt very good about myself and my group and it was a huge accomplishment.

For the future when I graduate college, I plan to be a product designer and hopefully help out more people in need with my products.

• Winner 1

Biggest accomplishment? I had sex at 13 and my mom still thinking I’m a virgin. I turn 21 in 3 months 

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

My biggest accomplishment: Coming out gay to my parents. It was definitely an emotional rollercoaster to come out when I was 14 and resulted with one of my parents disowning me as their child in the end. Although, I wish there was a different result to it, i'm happy that it could weed out the one who didn't love me for who I am and supported me. My mom isn't the biggest fan of me being homosexual, but she still loves me to this day and supports me whenever possible. 

Something I wish to do in my lifetime: I wish in the near future to become a successful game developer for one of the major game industries out there. It has always been a passion of mine to understand gaming physics and how everything is encoded in just simple lines of words and symbols. That's why i'm currently going to college to get my degree in Computer Science.

• Winner 4
  • Friendly 2

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

On 3/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, Smeck said:

My biggest achievement was when I officially became a Polyglot in spring of last year, as I proved that I now can hold a native level conversation in English, French, Korean, and Portuguese. (Yes I know, it's quite a wacky assortment of languages. And no, I can't switch between them seamlessly.)

As for something to achieve in the future there are a couple things that come to mind. I'd like to leave the U.S and live somewhere else to do my own thing. Life where I am is a tad suffocating and bland so might as well say fuck it and try somewhere else. Also mating with a Female KPOP star doesn't sound half bad lmao, but that's a side quest tbh. Lastly learning to beatbox and throat sing from someone, @Fizzikis kinda butt fingers at teaching me, though he sounds rad when he does it.

Boy you didn't give me a chance to teach you. Takes time you can't get it in 1 go.

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

20 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

Biggest accomplishment? I had sex at 13 and my mom still thinking I’m a virgin. I turn 21 in 3 months 

cant say that im suprised

biggest accomplishment is similar to poliks, BUT it was from a girl that i didnt know her name and i still dont, and her contact on my phone is just numbers, so basically i got head from a girl that i dont know her name.

and something i wish to do in my lifetime is learn her name

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

I don't have any real grand achievements to speak of- none that come from one action or one decision at least. Though, when I was a freshman I joined my High School Theater Crew as a lighting technician and picked things up very quickly, and by the beginning of my sophomore year I was basically the de-facto lighting designer and board programmer. I was basically responsible for overseeing the process by which people in the audience would actually be able to see the people onstage, which still amazes me. I helped wrap a lot of shows before COVID shut everything down. It was a super fun experience too, because I had really good friends on crew and onstage. Which reminds me of something from sophomore year, actually... There was a scene in which three of the actors were sitting around a table playing scrabble when the lights came up- and we took full advantage of the fact that we could put whatever the fuck we wanted on the scrabble board. When the lights came up for each performance, there'd be a different profane word or remark and we'd laugh our asses off watching them struggle not to do the same. That was pretty cool. The only other real thing that I can say was a life-changing achievement was that my shy, awkward, star wars roleplaying ass found a girl I fell in love with, which is honestly something I didn't think I'd ever do. 

As far as plans for the future, one of my bigger goals is to commission into the Air Force as an Officer and hopefully spend a fair amount of time living overseas and seeing the world. Since AFROTC isn't an option for me because I'm going to community college for my first year or two for financial reasons, I'm probably going to be applying to OTS once I graduate with my degree in WHO KNOWS WHAT and hoping that I get accepted. I suppose my other goal would be getting back together with my ex once schedules free up and we can make things work, cause ya'know, why not. 

9 hours ago, Polik said:

biggest accomplishment? I got head the other day from my girl

Oh Polik. You’ll get there someday

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.