Forum Rep Inequity

Sanchez

Name: Bradley Sanchez

Suggestion: It has come to my attention of the inequity of how forum rep is received. The scale seems to be to favor those with an already high forum rep amount. I suggest that those with high rep receive a percentage of the rep so one reaction will be for example .5 or .2 and those with lower rep get increased amount.

Why should we implement this? IDK 

How will this improve the Forums - Everyone will have a high rep amount

Give me rep

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly 2
  • Confused 4

I actually understand what you're saying and I kinda like it... 

So right now rep is calculated with a simple formula: Rep+1 or Rep-1

This would basically complicate the forum rep. In simple terms if you have 75 rep, it will be Rep+.5, if you have 125 rep it will be Rep+.25 and so on and so on, basically turning it into a logarithmic curve, slowing down some of the rep numbers (Meaning you don't need to add more star colors!) And it would actually apply the other way too. So if you have super high rep and get dumbed, instead of being rep-1 it will be rep-2 or rep-1.5

Yay math coming from stupid person

Its complicated and makes no difference really. I think if anything changed about rep it would be expiring negative rep, because sometimes people just have a bad day

• Confused 2

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

-1 bro what?

Do you want us to seize the means of reputation? REDISTRIBUTE THE ONLINE CLOUT???

FOR THE REVOLUTION FOR LENIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE PEOPLE

Just to add making everyone equal makes 0 sense. The point of rep is that it shows how much people value you on the forums. This is like not thought through at all. yeah I guess some people just get rep for being themselves (like founders used to) but usually it's just based off your contributions. This adds nothing and will just ruin the whole point of rep.

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Banned

+1

r4ymo.gif

Forum Admin

I mean, I get where you're coming from and I am sure intentions are pure, this just ain't it.

Edited by Guac

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1. The logical move.

*Laughs in Marx*

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Sounds like you penalising the popular for being so.

Rep is also the most inconsequential thing for the server and forums, no one looks at an app or suggestion and goes 

"This man has a rep of 500+, I will +1."

There should be disparity, this isn't the United Soviet Synergy Roleplay Server (USSRp Server)

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

I would like to void this suggestion despite the large amount of plus ones it has gotten for the reason I do not think it is possible with the current forums system we use invision is great, but not this great. The greatness of equity will unfortunately not be spread to the bars of synergy. If only we could bask in the light, but today there will only be darkness on our great door step. Alas my great brothers you can help spread the light by not giving rep to those in the high castle of the mighty high rep. Choose to not abide by my terms will only cause pain in the future. 

@Forseen

//locked

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Pay Respect 1