Can't log onto server

Whenever I try to log onto the server it will load everything but at the end it will say

Missing map 'maps/rp_anaxes_synergy_v2.bsp', disconnecting

don't know what to do, I downloaded the content packs uninstalled all of my addons and then re downloaded the content packs I cleaned my files like on discord,  I don't know what to do I played on synergy little over a year ago and ran into no issues. I'm guessing that its just because the map changed and I can't seem to find the map itself anywhere so I'm just stuck.

The map was intentionally not released everywhere because we didn't want other servers stealing it, but I can't tell you why its happening. There was a lot of files we were all told to clear before the map, maybe you didn't clear those. I don't know what the steps were to clear them but hopefully someone else will know

🌓🌙

Step 1: Navigate to Steam/SteamApps/Common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/addons
Step 2: Select ALL files within this folder and press "DELETE"
Step 3: Navigate to Steam/SteamApps/Common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/cache/workshop
Step 4: Select ALL .gma files (leave the resources folder) and press "DELETE"
Step 5: Navigate to Steam/SteamApps/Common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/cache/lua
Step 6: Select ALL files within this folder and press "DELETE"
Step 7: Navigate to Steam/SteamApps/Common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/download
Step 8: You guessed it, select ALL files within and press "DELETE"
Step 9: One last time, navigate to Steam/SteamApps/Common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/downloadlist
Step 10: Select ALL files within and press "DELETE"

Try doing this and resubbing to the Synergy Addon pack.

On 2/2/2021 at 11:04 AM, Yeaster said:

Whenever I try to log onto the server it will load everything but at the end it will say

Missing map 'maps/rp_anaxes_synergy_v2.bsp', disconnecting

don't know what to do, I downloaded the content packs uninstalled all of my addons and then re downloaded the content packs I cleaned my files like on discord,  I don't know what to do I played on synergy little over a year ago and ran into no issues. I'm guessing that its just because the map changed and I can't seem to find the map itself anywhere so I'm just stuck.

Have you made sure you enabled your addons in the main menu after you launch Gmod?

Or validated your Gmod files.

Ensure you’re not using a beta version of gmod - steam, libraries, gmod right click and go to betas.

see if you have any special launch settings as well. Navigate to steam, library, right click Gmod go to general ensure launch options is blank. 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

You have to delete the map file itself, it’s either in maps, downloads, downloads list, or just the delete the one file for in in addons and the one in maps I’ll add more once I get onto my computer cause I forgot which one is it

• Agree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

• Founder
Founder
On 2/6/2021 at 8:01 AM, Piff said:

You have to delete the map file itself, it’s either in maps, downloads, downloads list, or just the delete the one file for in in addons and the one in maps I’ll add more once I get onto my computer cause I forgot which one is it

@YeasterTry this ^ if it doesn't work let me know.

• 1 month later...
Forum Admin

Question Answered

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums