Jedi Council Records 1/30/21

Jedi Council Agenda
(1/30/2021)

Tabled Items

New Consular Title doc to be voted and discussed about. https://docs.google.com/document/d/13-ebvISC6uEhlYHWkX-10PT1TVfew_hVH0jHu0LFLBE/edit?usp=sharing -Lie

Action Items (to be voted on) (Knight Suggestions)

+Stop voting on meetings that hardly anyone shows up to. In fact, stop doing it entirely. Utilize the #council-votes channel. Voting during meetings that certain masters *cough, cough* Fenrir *cough, cough* can’t show up to is basically denying them their right to an opinion. These days, all the channel is used for is Master interviews and things that we suck at deciding on. Bring it up at the meeting, post it in the channel, and have all the present masters vote on it and then give it 24 hours or so before it’s accepted or denied. - Vaklu (Might already be in place, if not, double checking) ACCEPTED

Implement some sort of decay for people who just do trials. I’m not 100% on how many merits they get or even if they don’t get anything, but when they want to get promoted to Master or even a higher Knight Rank, they should be doing more. Promoting someone purely out of trials will be promoting someone who lacks the necessary traits of a leader. Sure you need direction to properly host them, but it still misses a lot of the abstract fundamentals that’s required to lead something as large as Jedi. If it turns out I’m wrong in my assessment of how this works, move to my next suggestion. - Vaklu  TABLED

Put a cooldown on manager of the week. It’s great that people can repeatedly get it, but it’s basically echoing the same issue as the trial grind. What I would do is what they had to start doing on Roleplayer of the Week. Essentially the Knight can get it two weeks in a row, but afterwards it has to be someone else. The person who’s getting it could just be hosting at times where he knows that no one is going to his trials and can do back-to-back spamming of it until he’s grinded up to 10-20 trials in 30 minute increments.  - Vaklu TABLED

Have the Branch Leads schedule their weekly trials with their managers. Some branches already do this to my knowledge, but it should be more widespread as it literally would prepare them for Master and the responsibilities of their trials. It would also discourage the spamming that I’ve been going on a tirade about. If the previous suggestion gets passed, the “Manager of the Week” title would go to the people that are actually taking up responsibility on the regular and helping their fellow managers/branch members. The Branch Lead would be forced to pick someone who’s the *best* rather than someone who did the most. Quality over quantity. - Vaklu TABLED

Changing Knight Trials 7 Day Cooldown to a Set Day Wipe - Gears TABLED

Change the Trial of Spirit in the Knight trial to purely RP - Gears EO ACCEPTED

Have Knights making Suggestions actively talk in the Council Meeting - Gears TABLED

Nominations

Promotion/Demotion/Removal/Knight-Watch/Interviews

Named Master Promotions
Adi Gallia: - Open

Obi Wan Kenobi: - Open
Quinlan Vos: - Open 

Ki-Adi-Mundi: - Open 

Battalion Jedi Feedback (Optional)

Open Floor PTS (Optional)

Master promotion changes-Stormzy

Trying to promote the Astromech job-Stormzy

Global Jedi Meeting (New Items)