Turrets Mk. 2

Willyworm1

Name: Willy

RP Rank: Executive Officer

Suggestion: Adding a turret addon to replace the old turret addon that was removed due to issues involving it not working properly.

Implementation: The turrets will be given to all naval engineers, as well as all Engineer/Support lore characters (Two exceptions were made in order to be fair and let every unit have a turret) This items will need a swep in order to spawn it (which maxwell told me he is able to do). There will be general guidelines/rules for the RP setup of the turret and what you are not allowed to do with it, but I've given those decisions to the naval.

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Turret https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/E-Web_heavy_repeating_blaster 

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1790763731 (also needs development to have a swep that spawns in the turret)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1382020460 (This is the old turret addon)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1387693767 (This is a buildable variant of the old turret, but it requires the repair tool from the old vehicle pack that we had)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=801595691 (This is the original source of the model for the old turret, I haven't checked if it actually works, but the two addons above definitely have sweps for them)
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change
(Any job modification requires all this information)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job: Commander Faie

Slots: Leave the same

Description: Leave the same

Model: Leave the same
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: turret_bullets (need a swep for this, and probably needs it's damage, fire rate, and/or laser model modified to best fit the server)
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job: Wolfpack Warthog

(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: turret_bullets (need a swep for this, and probably needs it's damage, fire rate, and/or laser model modified to best fit the server)
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu)

Job: Wolfpack Tracer

Job: 212th Oddball

Job: Foxtrot Group Engineer

Job: 501st Pilot Hawk

Job: KU Support Trooper

Job: Havoc Squad Acid

Job: Havoc Squad Locke

Job: Alpha-26 Maze

Job: Delta Squad Fixer

Job: Omega Squad Atin

Job: Bad Batch Tech

Job: Jaing Skirata

Job: Diplomatic Service Mack

Job: Operations Engineer

Weapons: turret_bullets (need a swep for this, and probably needs it's damage, fire rate, and/or laser model modified to best fit the server if it isn't good enough)

Other: Please be advised that I have spoken with the highest rank of each unit, and there has been no rejection of the idea, only suggestions that I am accommodating which has been mostly guidelines/rules that would need to be added. As well there is a second type of turret in the pack that is the railgun (launches rockets, weapon string is turret_rail) If you want to leave it in the server, it could be useful for certain applications and maybe GM or future use.

Edited by Willyworm1
I've included other turret addons that I found during my search, I chose the first one originally because it already came with a laser design for the turrets shots and was designed for a SWRP server.
  • Optimistic 1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

Forum Admin

I currently don't see a need for any of these characters to have a turret. This isn't for balancing purposes nor is it in any way lore accurate. I wouldn't be apposed to adding these in for staff to spawn only but not for all of these positions.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

15 hours ago, Marvel said:

Ehhhh I was hoping it was the E-Web turrets not Halo Reach turrets...

I feel there is a more SWRP friendly workshop pack out there tbh

I couldn't find one other than the old one and a different version by the same creator that needs other content to get it to work. But if you find a different one, I would be glad to use it instead. I'll include the old one in the suggestion to see if Maxwell can fix whatever bug it had.

9 hours ago, Logicless said:

+1 I like turrets BUT

Ku support is already a medic/support/arc... it does not need a turret

I understand your point on KU support, but they don't have an actual slot for a Engineer lore job, and the other jobs on 21st have more slots, meaning they would get quite a few turrets, I thought of this as a happy medium, as I wanted all battalions to benefit from this.

9 hours ago, Weaslo said:

-1 Turrets were once a concept here before and they were removed it might be a cool concept for staff as guac said but other than that no

15 hours ago, Guac said:

I currently don't see a need for any of these characters to have a turret. This isn't for balancing purposes nor is it in any way lore accurate. I wouldn't be apposed to adding these in for staff to spawn only but not for all of these positions.

I took that into consideration when looking at this, the reason (that I recieved from a higher up staff member) that this was removed to begin with, was due to the addon being buggy when spawned on certain terrain. The previous turrets were already belonging to the naval at the time, and (unless I am wrong) they either were working on giving it to other engineer jobs or lore character engineers to begin with. If you read the last section, there is a different turret that the high staff can decide on if they want to keep it in and allow people to have them spawned in. It's not really for the sake of being lore accurate for the lore characters specifically, but for the turret to return to the server like it used to be.

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

Forum Admin
1 hour ago, Willyworm1 said:

I took that into consideration when looking at this, the reason (that I recieved from a higher up staff member) that this was removed to begin with, was due to the addon being buggy when spawned on certain terrain. The previous turrets were already belonging to the naval at the time, and (unless I am wrong) they either were working on giving it to other engineer jobs or lore character engineers to begin with. If you read the last section, there is a different turret that the high staff can decide on if they want to keep it in and allow people to have them spawned in. It's not really for the sake of being lore accurate for the lore characters specifically, but for the turret to return to the server like it used to be.

I understand that, they still have 0 use. With the merge of PLT and ENG I don't see it to boost activity nor balance. I'm glad it was lost in the update, I want it to stay that way.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

-1 I don’t think it fits the current meta of the server tbh. Also why would an RC squad have them they are heavy and cumbersome to carry. We have seen it takes 2-3 people to set up. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

22 hours ago, Guac said:

I understand that, they still have 0 use. With the merge of PLT and ENG I don't see it to boost activity nor balance. I'm glad it was lost in the update, I want it to stay that way.

I've thought carefully about your point, and I would argue that this would balance things. Most groups on the server have basic jobs that are common among almost all of them, and each one has something that makes it useful in combat (I've excluded special unit specific jobs and officers/commander jobs):

• ARC Trooper - Has a rocket launcher, minigun, westar, etc
  • ARF Trooper - Has a sniper and a rocket launcher
  • Medical Trooper - Is a medic (their job mainly isn't combat, but healing instead and occasional combat)
  • Heavy Trooper - Has a z6, and may get buffed if the suggestion goes through
  • Jet Trooper - Has a jetpack to allow them to flank and gain a high ground on opponents
  • Normal Trooper - The base trooper, not meant to be special
  • Engineer/Support Trooper - Other than being able to fly (only if the server isn't laggy and the pilots are actually needed) and being able to fix vehicles (which there are maintenance stations that can do that job for them often) they only have an RP advantage (I.e being able to spawn in a hacking tool or defuse kit) not a combat buff on the ground

In general, I honestly believe that it will give the engineer/support classes an edge against other job classes. We can even add a rule that (With proper permission, and if there aren't many of the engineer/support lore characters on to utilize their turrets) the regular engineers/support troopers can receive a temporary turret to fight with.

I know in my battalion, some people want to be pilots/engineers as well as ARCs, but the biggest frustration is how long it takes to get the trainings needed to be those jobs. People are more willing to wait long amounts of time to become an ARC trooper because of what it allows you to do and what you get in your loadout, but pilots and engineers only appeal is to allow you to fly, which they can only do when the right conditions are met. For them to fly, they need no extreme server lag being present, The GM of an event actually wanting pilots in the air, someone actually being at the ATC to grant them, there not being too many pilots already in the air or vehicles spawned in general, and a senior admin+ being on the server and actively taking the request for a ship to be spawned in (which at the end of the day jet troopers can fly around without having to go through all this trouble, granted they have to ask to leave and they have limits to their flight). At the end of the day, becoming a pilot can be much faster than being an ARC, but many people always go to ARC because of the way ARCs are.

17 hours ago, Dennis said:

-1 I don’t think it fits the current meta of the server tbh. Also why would an RC squad have them they are heavy and cumbersome to carry. We have seen it takes 2-3 people to set up. 

Thank you for your point Dennis, The reason RC has it is due to that fact that I wanted to be fair in giving this to all groups when I was deciding to make this suggestion. In all honesty, this has nothing to do with and was not meant to be accurate to the lore of the characters I want to add it to, This was meant to be accurate to the fact that turrets existed in this time period and I wanted to allow for all basic jobs to at least have an edge in combat. I as well came up with some rules for the turrets that I will bring up to the directors and naval (because I wanted naval to have a say in how the turrets are RP set up, and a say in what people shouldn't be doing with them).

spacer.png

While I do agree with this, I havent spoken with you on behalf of the CG pilots for this, and i dont see them on the list. I would still like to see different models for them before it goes further as halo turrets dont exactly fit here in star wars. Overall, ill give it a +1, just wanna see some different models for it first

Forum Admin

I don't think these are needed, nor do they look good or fit with what we'd need. Support troopers already have a lot of benefits (Spawn Armor, defuse bombs, repair vehicles, fly vehicles, hacking tools and hack consoles).

They already have the biggest RP advantage with all of these things and you don't need a combat advantage to make a branch popular, it's an RP server and most of the time it's RP oriented scenarios which we take part in so they have the best time there because of their RP advantage.

I really just don't think this is what we need. -1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Skeptical on whether to +/-1 this and if some questions are answered, it should help me.

1. Will it ruin events? Ex. Kill every droid with ease, or mow down Event Jobs without any trouble

2. How fast is it deployed? 

And if all of that information is on the steam link then I am sorry because my school laptop has steam blocked

• Informative 1

🌓🌙

8 hours ago, CruorFlumine said:

While I do agree with this, I havent spoken with you on behalf of the CG pilots for this, and i dont see them on the list. I would still like to see different models for them before it goes further as halo turrets dont exactly fit here in star wars. Overall, ill give it a +1, just wanna see some different models for it first

I spoke with Gret about it, and the suggestion will be specifically for your lore character Mack, other support/engineers jobs would need permission in order to having temporarily given to them. The permission would most likely be from GMs (if it was an event) and either SA+ or VA+ (If it was in training or a patrol).

23 minutes ago, FatherHanz said:

Skeptical on whether to +/-1 this and if some questions are answered, it should help me.

1. Will it ruin events? Ex. Kill every droid with ease, or mow down Event Jobs without any trouble

2. How fast is it deployed? 

And if all of that information is on the steam link then I am sorry because my school laptop has steam blocked

Thank you for your questions, we will ensure that these aren't over used in events by probably adding a rule that these are more so to be able to shoot down fighters and capital ships, but if the number of droids on the ground are very large, they may be used in that regard as well. At the end of the day, it's 16 jobs that would have immediate access to this (because  swep would be added to their loadout), and only two of the jobs have more than 1 slot for it, The odds of there being more than 10 out of the total number of jobs I have chosen being on at the same time is fairly low, not to mention the odds of all of the people that would receive them actually spawn them in for combat (as it would make them a perfect target for a sniper in an event since they are stationary). But we definitely would be putting restrictions in order to make them only needed in specific contexts and not just whenever someone sees a single B1 standing in the open not doing anything.

To answer your second question, the swep will most likely instantly spawn it in, Unless @Maxwells wants to add something to the swep that makes it a bit slower to spawn in. If it spawns in instantly when the swep is used, the naval will include a guideline to setting it up in RP, so that it can't just be set down and picked up instantly, this would benefit the GMs so they don't have to worry about turret users just changing locations in a matter of 10 seconds.

I hope these answers were what you were looking for.

• Winner 1

spacer.png

• Shotgun
  • Spawn Armour
  • Only clones who can pilot (except BCMD+)
  • Priority for ENG RP
  • Defuse kits
  • Repair kits
  • Spawn hacking tools

How much bullshit are you gonna give engineers before people actually want to join.
Also doesn't really fit the support role makes them a 1 man fucking army

-1, they have far far far far far too much shit rn this is fucking overkill to the extreme

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

On 1/27/2021 at 3:47 AM, Comics said:
  • Shotgun
  • Spawn Armour
  • Only clones who can pilot (except BCMD+)
  • Priority for ENG RP
  • Defuse kits
  • Repair kits
  • Spawn hacking tools

How much bullshit are you gonna give engineers before people actually want to join.
Also doesn't really fit the support role makes them a 1 man fucking army

-1, they have far far far far far too much shit rn this is fucking overkill to the extreme

-1 Forgot about all of this

• Friendly 1

🌓🌙

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...