Thoughts on activity?

Developer

Activity has always been a contentious issue on the server. People being called inactive, not being on enough, only X amount of hours etc...

From what I've gathered from talking to people is they have different opinions on what is considered inactive and active. So, out of my own morbid curiosity I wanted to ask the community as a whole;

How many hours in a two week period do you consider inactive/active?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Depends entirely on what you're doing with all those hours. If you're pushing 60 to 70 hours and are say, bcmd and also jedi, and only really do stuff on the jedi, you're an inactive bcmd. Honestly, 30 to 40 active hours for a bcmd is plenty. Activity is not about hours, its about time management which is what people don't understand.

• Agree 5

Inactivity for me doesn't depend on hours. It's how often a player gets onto a server. For example, if a player gets on almost every day but can only play 1 or 2 hours, I don't think thats inactive. They are working with the time they have, even if its under 15 or 20 hours. However, if a player doesn't get on for a week and then gets on one day and logs 4-5 hours, thats inactive to me. Activity depends on how consistently someone can get on the server and how they manage their time and make use of it.

• Agree 1

Zuko Fanboy

spacer.png

• Founder
Founder

Personally I've never gone off of hours, I go by how interactive someone is while online. Sure you can be online 8+ hours a day, but rarely interacting with anything or anyone leaves you unnoticed or "inactive" to others views. I'm not saying people need to be a social butterfly and speak with everything that breathes, but minor interactions with random players goes a long way and gets you noticed. The terms active or inactive are almost entirely 100% perspective.

• Winner 1
2 minutes ago, Jad said:

Personally I've never gone off of hours, I go by how interactive someone is while online. Sure you can be online 8+ hours a day, but rarely interacting with anything or anyone leaves you unnoticed or "inactive" to others views. I'm not saying people need to be a social butterfly and speak with everything that breathes, but minor interactions with random players goes a long way and gets you noticed. The terms active or inactive are almost entirely 100% perspective.

Holy shit.

Bumped.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

> 10 hours a week is what I consider active.

here me out here.

this is a video game, (I know it’s more) but at the end of the day there is life that happens and not everyone is capable of 80+ in 2 weeks or w.e.

To further expand upon it, 

such as what Jad said, an example :

Player 1: 12 hours in a weeks time

player 2: 56 hours in a weeks time 

player 1 : lead 3 sims and hosted 4 trainings as well as recruited 3 people 

player 2 : participated in 3 events

—————

Player 1 has less hours but arguably accomplished more.

i think judging someone off hours is dumb within reason. (Obv if someone is just inactive it’s a different story) 

• Agree 3

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Inactivity is a pretty subjective thing that takes multiple measures.

But unless you're on the server 24/7 with your whole battalion there and always doing something you're gonna get called inactive.
It's a catch-all-phrase used to throw shade without much genuine criticism

If it was up to me I'd have activity based off of how much work was completed in the time you've been active/online

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Yea its entirely perspective but I agree that If you have a lot of hours on steam game time ex: 200 hours biweekly that doesnt mean you are active especially that anyone can achieve that if you leave your pc running on gmod. I mainly think of it as consistency and interaction. 

in my opinion Activity is based off consistenty not hours.  Like if your getting on the server and doing what you need to that's fine but if your asking about hours probably anywhere from 30 - 40 hours every two weeks 

Edited by Jack
  • Confused 1

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

If you come on the server and make no use of your time while on the server, it doesn't matter how many hours you have. At specific ranks and at specific roles using your time wisely can result in you being inactive or active. Say I came on everyday but just AFK'd, it make no difference whether I came on or not to the rest of the battalion. Even a member that doesn't play the game all too often, but does a lot of battalion work outside of the game can be considered active in one way or another.

Banned

Achieving a certain amount of hours to be considered active is dumb. 

Edited by Sixta

r4ymo.gif

Banned

In my opinion, activity isn't based on hours per week, fortnight or even month, it's based on how much you contribute to the server, and how much you participate, whether that means playing 10 hours a day or 2 a week, both of those people could have the same impact on the community. Along with this, activity is fluid and changes constantly dependent on a person's schedule. I think if someone is having a positive impact to their regiment, and playing the server a few times a week (for any amount of time, really) they could be considered active. I don't think just because someone has 100 hours in a fortnight it makes them active.

I had a discussion about this recently. It's about when you interact with people in-game and make an impression of yourself. Ya know, actually hang out with people and battle with them instead of being alone and calling yourself active over a simple number.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope