Adding More or Removing Jetpack Fuel?

Taz

Name: Muzzle | Taz

RP Rank: 1stLT

Suggestion: Adding more jetpack fuel, or remove the fuel feature

Implementation: Adding more jetpack fuel???? or remove it entirely cause it kinda annoying :FeelsWeirdMan:

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jetpack

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Clone_jet_trooper

Workshop content if applicable: Require development i guess since it just has to be edited
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: N/A
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: N/A

Slots: N/A

Description: N/A

Model: N/A
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: N/A
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu)

Other: honestly you could also just remove it altogether, its just annoying 

@Rezz yw, bitch :pepeLaugh:

Edited by Taz

Currently: Retired :) | Resident Mets Fan | First EVER Medal of Maxwells Recipient 

Former: 332nd CT-0292 Colonel "Vaughn" | Senior Admin | GMO TRO

-1 as of rn jetpack actually seem to be balanced since you aren't able to zoom indefinitely and become a straight up fighter jet. Imo the jetpack fuel should have been added a lot earlier than it was. 

• Agree 3

-1 The current system is balanced. If you where here for while you could remember how overpowered the unlimited jet pack was back then. Classes like the 41st GC ARC and 2ndAC class dominated during events/pvp. 

• Agree 1

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster
  • Founder

I put out a poll regarding jetpacks a few months back and you guys voted to have fueled jetpacks. I actually ended up having it give more fuel than the original concept of having a 5 second or so booster pack. 

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1

I would say increase it slightly. You can figure out ricks to conserve fuel and get up higher. I think the other way we can fix it is increase the horizontal speed.

• Informative 1

spacer.png

-1 most of the community asked for a fueled jetpack and a lot of them actually like it. 

It actually gives you more skill then just being a Warthog plane with unlimited fuel just shooting rockets and other guns at people on the ground that have no advantage. Just learn to use obstacles to your advantage

Edited by Dinaric
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

spacer.png

Former: 212th SPCCG HVY CPL, 21stSO ARFL CPL-XOWolfpack JTL Boost 2ndLT-LTC, 2ndAC 2ndLT, Rancor 2ndLT, Synergy Intel, TGM Padawan, SA/GM/TRO, BH.                                                                                   Current: Retired, vibin’

The whole point of the limited fuel is so you don't have jet troopers in the air for ages and to make it do maneuverability its a skill not a 

"Derr, press the space bar..."

Thw fuel is enough to get to most olace and requires conservation for effective use.

-1 its working as intended which is why some "dedicated" JTs are upset they are no longer flies.

Since it's clear no one wants it removed--what about upping the fuel a bit or what Hanz said?

10 hours ago, FatherHanz said:

I would say increase it slightly. You can figure out ricks to conserve fuel and get up higher. I think the other way we can fix it is increase the horizontal speed.

Currently: Retired :) | Resident Mets Fan | First EVER Medal of Maxwells Recipient 

18 minutes ago, Taz said:

Since it's clear no one wants it removed--what about upping the fuel a bit or what Hanz said?

Jetpacks can already have their fuel adjusted easily. It's literally a 10 second fix if you don't spawn with a jetpack. By default you get these stats:

sbaYUqf.png

I don't play JT so maybe I'm biased, but is 7 full seconds of airtime with 5 second recharge upon landing too short?

-1 for me

+1

Limited fuel = tedious unneeded thing
The reason old jetpacks with unlimited fuel were OP is because with those you could go Mach 5 and fucking swoop in like a terror bird and kill your opponent. These new jetpacks are far slower (except vertically) and can't be used in the same way. Limited fuel on the old jetpacks makes sense to me. The new jetpacks, I feel, don't fit with limited fuel and are too slow and clunky to have to think about fuel. Either boost the speed or yeet the fuel. 

If you are curious on a practical side of how much fuel we have, it takes one full tank to fly from SHB door to the cliff above Besh without landing if you do the spacebar trick. When you land you are fully empty.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Current Niner Skirata

49 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

+1

The reason old jetpacks with unlimited fuel were OP is because with those you could go Mach 5 and fucking swoop in like a terror bird and kill your opponent. These new jetpacks are far slower (except vertically) and can't be used in the same way. Limited fuel on the old jetpacks makes sense to me. The new jetpacks, I feel, don't fit with limited fuel and are too slow and clunky to have to think about fuel. Either boost the speed or yeet the fuel. 

If you are curious on a practical side of how much fuel we have, it takes one full tank to fly from SHB door to the cliff above Besh without landing if you do the spacebar trick. When you land you are fully empty.

Says the Null trooper :Pepega:

-1, I was 2ndACXO and can officially say, fuel is good :)

• Confused 1

🎀  𝒱𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓃 𝐵𝓊𝓈𝓈𝓎 𝒮𝓁𝒶𝓎𝑒𝓇  🎀
𝘊𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘙𝘊-3222 "𝘈𝘵𝘪𝘯"

51 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

+1

The forward speed is perfectly fine IMO. It's just the fuel that is tedious like you said 

-1 It's balanced and the community did ask for fueled jetpacks

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

3 hours ago, Guac said:

Says the Null trooper :Pepega:

I am, in fact, a Null trooper, which means I use the jetpack every day and have an opinion how it should be.

Current Niner Skirata

-1 i think its the perfect balence, you have enough fuel to reach most places and go around

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Piff said:

-1 i think its the perfect balence, you have enough fuel to reach most places and go around

You BARELY have enough fuel to get from the ground to the ridges if you aren't going from DIRECTLY underneath it.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Just now, FatherHanz said:

You BARELY have enough fuel to get from the ground to the ridges if you aren't going from DIRECTLY underneath it.

You literally have enough to get up there, position yourself better, that sounds like a problem you have, i've had no issue with it

• Agree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

-1 The current jetpack is fine, you can time your jetpack in bursts so you gain more height if you just don't hold it down the whole time. It's enough to get you into any place you need to, for the most part.

hi.

-1 don’t be a fucking pussy and use your brain simple as that 

Current: Commander Doom |  Jason Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis

Former: BCMD Doom x2 | Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS

30 minutes ago, Dragon said:

5d6d803a0a34139d4e8bec7046e826db.thumb.png.e60d6d136881a5499dfbb1b77e9988b0.png

I will say the wording of the unlimited fuel in hindsight is not the best. Made it seem like we would be literal gods flying around like jets when in reality we'd just not need to touch the floor and go the same speed which is not too fast.

• Agree 1

Current Niner Skirata

Huge -1, ive been in airborne since i joined the server pretty much which was 2 years ago. Do i miss fucking around and flying everywhere on downtime, sometimes; however, the current jetpack is better for the whole server. It encourages some jet regiments and jetpack based subunits not to use it as much, making it a tool the have to think about using slightly rather than mindlessly using it which was getting old. There were some problems with events where jet troopers would go zoom around the event and over all the walls that were placed there for some rp reason. I always encouraged my men to only use it when necessary and a lot of them heard me yell that it is a privilege due to the fact that airborne aren't really supposed to have them; however, parachutes are no good when it comes to the servers will to live due to physics and stuff. Obviously, not everyone can control their troops and I failed on it sometimes too which is where the majority of the complaints stem from. The current jetpack makes it a lot easier for the community as a whole to control the usage of the wielders. Rest in peace banking off the hills of Endor and going Mach 10. 

Edited by Leche
On 1/15/2021 at 8:44 AM, Eclipse said:

+1

Sounds like you have plenty of fuel. In battlefront 2 (excluding boba) clones have more of a jumppack rather than the jetpack we have on the server. Could be better to just give JT something like that :FeelsWowMan:  

-1 if null feels they need a buff its perfectly balanced

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

3 minutes ago, Logicless said:

Sounds like you have plenty of fuel. In battlefront 2 (excluding boba) clones have more of a jumppack rather than the jetpack we have on the server. Could be better to just give JT something like that :FeelsWowMan:  

-1 if null feels they need a buff its perfectly balanced

Oh God please no. From a Former JT please no. Unless you want to give JT a launcher in BF2 which I assume is no.

• Funny 1

spacer.png