Recent Events involving the 21st Battalion

Fyi

Changes for the Future of 21st

This is the clarification of actions conducted by Directors (Wolfro and Gears), Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (Crimson) and Myself. The final decision was made after much thought and conversation and was not made lightly. The Community as a whole acknowledges that the 21st has a culture that has developed that has been deemed unfit for the community and is being reworked. This means a complete wipe of the battalion’s leadership and legacies to ensure that the changes that need to be done are done. However the people we will be instituted are not 100% to stay. I will explain those individuals hopefully thoroughly and with as much as I can provide. If you have further questions please PM myself or Wolfro.

The changes to come will be a complete wipe of the 21st Officer Corps and will be moved down PVT to ensure that this is a clean slate for the battalion. The people that will be instituted to take charge will be placed at 2ndLT. There are four of them so that if there is ever a tie, The Marshal Commander or Next Chancellor will break that tie and also ensure that the four individuals will keep the 21st best interest in mind. The members we have chosen are: Dennis, Mitchell, Maddox, and last but not least Brooklyn. I will break down why for each to clear anything up.

Dennis: The elephant in the room. Dennis currently speaking has a great track record of reviving and fixing battalions. Examples are Rancor and Doom’s Unit. That being said he brings strong leadership and confidence. Now I know he has an interesting PR issue as of recently however we believe he will do more good with this change with the results of the other battalions he has helped or changed. That being aside, Dennis will bring a plan to fix the issues and hopefully bring the 21st to a great standard for the rest of the server. Failure to maintain the 21st standard or seen not fit for the position will result in his removal.

Mitchell: As you know, Mitchell is a former HA, BCMD, GMC, and a Director. Mitchell by himself has faults but with a strong core he will benefit in ensuring that the Leadership of the 21st is established and makes sure they are competent. He is great in picking out members that are smart and good at ensuring the Chain of Command is smooth and resolves their own issues. Mitchell is also great at bridging the gap between good PR and sturn leadership. He is approachable and tells you what you need. Overall he is there to ensure that all sides are thought of and ensure the final choice is the right one. Failure to maintain the 21st standard or seen not fit for the position will result in his removal.

Maddox: Maddox is another successful leader and made DU one of the consistent active battalions. Maddox is a great public speaker and is amazing at PR. He will work to reform the relations with the battalions to ensure that the reputation of the battalion is built back up. He will also ensure a smooth transition of battalions changes with the new leadership. Not much else needs to be said about the work of Maddox. Failure to maintain the 21st standard or seen not fit for the position will result in his removal.

Brooklyn: Brooklyn. Where to start. Brooklyn is another established leader that has shown results in fixing and recovering battalions. However he is not this godly figure to fix all. He has faults like the rest of them. However look to the 104th during and after his term as Wolfe. The structure reworks still remain for the better. Brooklyn will bring structure and a good family relation to the battalion. He is kind, friendly, caring, and will ensure there will be no toxicity, bullying, and other unacceptable behavior. Overall he will ensure the restructure of the behaviors of the battalion. Failure to maintain the 21st standard or seen not fit for the position will result in his removal. You fucking Weeb.

In conclusion, We have listened to both sides to create this outcome. The four we have chosen will listen to the 21st to ensure a good relation in the coming changes. The Marshal Commander and Next Chancellor will ensure the changes are smooth. I do apologize to any inconveniences or how long this took to happen because we need to be 100% about this. To summarize to those who did not read everything else, The 21st has been wiped down to Private, Four 2nd Lieutenants have been chosen by HC and Directors to bring changes to the battalion along with ensuring the 21st and the server needs are met, and finally bring the 21st to a better standard. I hope this answers most of your questions but I encourage you to ask Wolfro, Gears, Crimson or myself about anything that was not answered. Thank you for reading and hopefully the changes are for the better server experience.

-Fyi

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 3
  • Friendly 1
  • Confused 1

hi.

Wow this is an... interesting decision to say the least.

My opinion doesn't account for much, but I am sure that the four people you have chosen to take the reins of the battalion will lead it into a bright future!

Best of luck to Mitchell, Brooklyn, Dennis, and Maddox (and of course the 21st). 

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

Developer

Remove legacies +1 [now do the rest of the server :^)] . Best of luck to the 21st.

• Agree 7
Just now, TheGoodOatmeal said:

I’m out of the loop a lil bit can someone say what happened that was deemed unfit? 

Toxicity and favoritism within the battalion is a big one if I am not mistaken (please correct me if I am wrong, I am just going off of my own personal talks with people in SO and experiences with 21st in general). Especially in terms of relations between SO and the GMs. Most of the SO ended up being treated like 2nd class citizens in their own battalion.

• Informative 1
6 minutes ago, Egg said:

Toxicity and favoritism within the battalion is a big one if I am not mistaken (please correct me if I am wrong, I am just going off of my own personal talks with people in SO and experiences with 21st in general). Especially in terms of relations between SO and the GMs. Most of the SO ended up being treated like 2nd class citizens in their own battalion.

:MonkaThink:   Glad high staff wiped our command, gives a good shot to fix things. Even if I believe those weren't massive issues, I guess the outside opinion was different. Most of the time, Officer wipes have worked in the past, even if it seemed controversial at first

Edited by Logicless
  • Informative 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

To any gamers really bummed out about getting that pvt rank, please don't up the bodycount of the server because of a gmod rank. Go outside, reevaluate your priorities, and enjoy yourself my fellow gamers. Stay safe out there my brothers

• Agree 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly 3

This is, what I feel, an appropriate direction to help the longevity of the battalion as a whole. I look forward with seeing and working with in the future. I hope to see this team react appropriately and quickly when handling future issues (If there are any). And with a step in the right direction I look forward on getting level headed commanders in the future and Jedi! 

Interesting action to take. Apart of me would have liked to have seen this a while ago, but better late then never. I know I don't have much ground to stand on as I have been off the server for a while. But still love the 21st to hope for the best for the battalion. During my time on, I have never really seen a bad relationship between SO and GM, or I was blind to it. Best of luck 21st and my you rise like a phoenix from this.

-PUCK

I'm stating this from someone who was there at the beginning of the merge and someone who has been in and out of the 21st, due to real life stuff coming in.

1. Cool and awesome idea to start a clean plate, its been something I was looking at doingish when I was Blackout the second time through under Fenrir, but didn't act on it. 
2. At the beginning, yes I wanted SO to be back as its own battalion, but I never told my guys to act bad or distant from GM. However I can't control how people play or act on server. It wasn't until I came back to the server, after a few months away, that I saw that if SO or GM need to survive, we needed to work together and be a battalion. We dodged a major bullet when 327th and 91st (RIP those batts) got removed. I did what I could as Blackout to keep everyone in SO to respect members of GM and NC the same as brothers. But with me being only on late at night, I couldn't see how things were during Prime time. 
3. I do hope this will clear things up and hope for the survival of 21st, and not just SO. 

• Winner 2

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

• 4 weeks later...