Buff Heavy

Pog

Name: Pog

RP Rank: Major

Suggestion: Heavy is in desperate need of a buff. In my and most other members experience within all of the battalions on the server, the heavy regiment is not a regiment people stick with. The Z-6 is decent and attracts new players, but new players soon realize that the Z-6 is the only thing Heavy has. ARF has an RPS-6 launcher and a DC-15x, ARC gets the ARC loadout, Support gets the DP-23 and the ability to drop armor, and medic gets the bacta kit and syringe. In comparison, Heavy is severely underpowered and consistently lacks numbers because of this fact. Throughout the server and in nearly every battalion, heavy is by far the regiment that struggles the most. It is easily the weakest regiment and is going in a bad direction server-wide. It is clear that it is in need of change and this could be implemented in many ways.

Implementation: There are endless ways that the server could improve the heavy class to be closer to balanced with the others. The Z-6 itself could be buffed, heavies could receive additional health/armor, give them some of the grenades, or something entirely different. I am hoping to hear any other suggestions that people can come up with that could potentially lead to heavy being a more balanced regiment. I hope for this to open a discussion about potential change within the heavy regiment and please leave any ideas/suggestions you have in the comments.

Lore: N/A, but here's a picture of a heavy trooper *look at how accurate that beam is*

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Hevy's death [1080p] - YouTube

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Require Development

Edited by Pog
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Former:

Jedi Youngling

+1 In all my time on the server, Heavy numbers always go up when people are recruited, then go back down when they realize it's severely underpowered. Heavy troopers who don't go to the other regiments that are extremely better at PFC or PVT, wait for ARC at SGT. It's a cycle.

• Agree 2

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

• Management

I have made several suggestions for buffing several different classes and I definitely support this one. I actually made a suggestion for heavies to get a squad shield that they could place down but it was denied due to performance issues. Here are a few ideas of mine currently:

I was thinking with the new grenades maybe giving Heavies the impact grenade. That could be a cool addition.

Maybe giving them the defusal kits? Make them the EOD classes. 

A simple armor or hp boost. Maybe just a 100 in either of them but it is a substantial boost. Wrecker get's one at the loss of speed so I'm not opposed to the same happening to Heavies

+1

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 3

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

I may sound dumb here but why dont we just give them the Z-2? Or we give heavys a cool item like a grenade?

I would support that +1

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

• Management
3 minutes ago, Jack said:

I may sound dumb here but why dont we just give them the Z-2? Or we give heavys a cool item like a grenade?

Z-2 is a perma weapon and isn't a Republic weapon either. If anything a buff to the Z-6 would do the trick.

I am a firm believer that class weapons should not be less powerful than perma weapons. Why be a ARF trooper with a sniper when you could be a Jet Trooper and buy a more powerful sniper from the perma weapon vendor? 

Edited by Marvel
  • Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 

When thinking of a Heavy your thinking of an ABOSLUTE UNIT OF POWER but here its just

"here is a low powered minigun with horrendous accuracy, have fun trying to hit something that isnt standing still"

Edited by Weaslo

:pepeL:

I remember in the old days heavies used to have rockets back when there were less classes, but then were taken away cause people were being fucking idiots with them. 

Only one time have i seen an actual buff for heavies but that has come and gone.

I am very surprised to see that they haven't been buffed lol.

+1,

56 minutes ago, Heart said:

Give them grenades for fucks sake, we have 4 epic grenades that nobody has. 
+1

Im dumb, do these grenades have downsides? I know thermal dets used to fuck with dupes

+1 tho

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

+1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

+1

Heavies are a dying regiment in most of the battalions on the server.   A lot of what I've seen is it a "come-n-good" place due to better options.

A example of this is that 212th has ZERO active heavies outside of Xander whose our current lead.   Why?  Refer to my comment above.

Edited by Zensras

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

57 minutes ago, Logicless said:

Im dumb, do these grenades have downsides? I know thermal dets used to fuck with dupes

+1 tho

Nah those were the old thermal sets. We have a new pack for our explosives.

impact, thermal, dioxis (toxic gas), and stun grenades are all on the server but nobody has them. Atleast give HVY one

• Agree 1

+1. 

The z6 is a good weapon, but isn't enough to retain players as the sole draw to the heavy regiment. The addition of a grenade or a stat increase would definitely do a lot to draw more people to staying as a heavy trooper. 

For those who say that other regiments may suffer, I counter with the idea that every regiment has either multiple kit items or an RP advantage. For example, medics get a bacta kit and a syringe (?), and also get an advantage for medRP in terms of being able to RP revive fellow players. ARF get priority for BARC and AT-RT vehicles, get a 15x sniper, and a RPS-6 rocket launcher. Etc. etc.

Heavies are disproportionately disadvantaged and, in my opinion, deserve a buff. 

• Agree 1

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

+1 give em grenades!

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1 just increase the damage by a decent margin, SLIGHTLY decrease the spread, maybe 100-200 more hp, maybe 50-100 damage, and like 2-3 grenades of one type (cause all the rocket launchers for ARF get only 3 shots), not different ones.

• Disagree 1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

+1 It seems like Heavy Classes aren't too enticing to newcomers when they join battalions and would simply gloss over the idea of only getting a Z-6

Edited by Stockings
  • Winner 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

This is the start of giving all the battalions their specs back. I hope. +1

• Disagree 4

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1

The grenades would just be a quick gimmick and not keep people around plus what's the point of every class to have explosives

Best change for heavy would be to boost the damage or speed the gun shoots 

Instead of 100 in health or armor we split it 50/50 into both 

With a decrease in movement speed 

Changes 

boost the damage or speed the gun shoots 

350 health 

350 armor 

Wrecker movement speed maybe a little faster

Edited by Shake

After talking with the heavy lead in my battalion I have a few more ideas for improvements to the heavy regiment

To keep it short, heavies need a way to get close to their enemies without being shredded, or they need to be able to take out enemies from range. I think the first situation suits the heavy job much better though

A way to do this is to give them a mobile ray-shield as seen in star wars battlefront. It could have let's say 1000hp, and both friendlies and enemies could move in and out of it, but blasters would be deflected by it.

Officer's Shield Generator image - Star Wars: A New Frontier mod for Star  Wars Battlefront II - Mod DB

A similar way to do this would be to give them a shield over their weapon which is also seen in star wars battlefront. I do not know how difficult this would be to implement, but it would make heavies extremely unique and could be what the regiment needs.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: 10 Best Star Card Combinations You Need To Use |  Studiocgames.com

Edited by Pog

Former:

Jedi Youngling

5 minutes ago, Pog said:

After talking with the heavy lead in my battalion I have a few more ideas for improvements to the heavy regiment

To keep it short, heavies need a way to get close to their enemies without being shredded, or they need to be able to take out enemies from range. I think the first situation suits the heavy job much better though

A way to do this is to give them a mobile ray-shield as seen in star wars battlefront. It could have let's say 1000hp, and both friendlies and enemies could move in and out of it, but blasters would be deflected by it.

Officer's Shield Generator image - Star Wars: A New Frontier mod for Star  Wars Battlefront II - Mod DB

A similar way to do this would be to give them a shield over their weapon which is also seen in star wars battlefront. I do not know how difficult this would be to implement, but it would make heavies extremely unique and could be what the regiment needs.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: 10 Best Star Card Combinations You Need To Use |  Studiocgames.com

I would much rather have the small one than the big one

🌓🌙

5 minutes ago, Pog said:

We used to have bubble shields and they just didn’t work properly, so we removed them. And to your heavy with a shield over their weapon, not sure if I’ve ever seen an addon like this before but it would be interesting if we could do that.

• Informative 1

+1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

I mean personally if the z-6 got buffed, I think it’s accuracy should mainly because after watching this video I the z-6 is pretty fricking accurate. 

Edited by Slak
  • Disagree 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

We are looking into a new buff concept for regimental or specific jobs etc. This will be considered. Will move to accepted for reference.

• Founder
Founder

Accepted

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.