EOD

PennyMan

Forum Admin

I'm pretty sure this is just because SOBDE EOD Members have the defuse kit in their load out and the 21st don't. 

And I might be wrong but I doubt every single 21st job will get the defuse kit just because they are trained in it. If that was the case half the server should have fusion cutters and Data pads aswell in their load out. 

• Agree 2

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

21st are meant to be specialized in EOD and Tech (mostly SO is Tech), we are meant to give out those trainings.

If you give it to SOBDE you are removing 20+ EOD instructors for 8 SOBDE EOD instructors, I don't think it would be that bad to give GM/KU the Defuse Kit and allow them to train them for it because with the new EOD style of things there has to be new trainings for it which means 100+ EOD trainings are removed and SOBDE has to train all of them for it again.

• Agree 2

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

Forum Admin

Choosing a specific group in 21st to train and give it to is better then every single 21st getting it. Also no trainings would be removed? The Roleplay training will still be a thing, there would only be a small extension on the document to tell people how to use the new bomb system. nothing would need to be wiped. 

• Disagree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

20 minutes ago, PaladinPlague said:

21st are meant to be specialized in EOD and Tech (mostly SO is Tech), we are meant to give out those trainings.

If you give it to SOBDE you are removing 20+ EOD instructors for 8 SOBDE EOD instructors, I don't think it would be that bad to give GM/KU the Defuse Kit and allow them to train them for it because with the new EOD style of things there has to be new trainings for it which means 100+ EOD trainings are removed and SOBDE has to train all of them for it again.

Correction, GM is mentioned to be, mainly in the regard of boarding ships. 

SO are espionage and stealth troopers and did not board ships as often if at all.

I agree with the GM KU thing thou.

Edited by Gadget

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

I’m just gonna give me own opinion on this matter. I believe that 21st should keep EOD tbh. Yes sometimes EOD has long periods of time between people hosting them, but I know 21st would do the training if somebody asked. Same thing with 104th’s tanks and in this case someone literally said SOBDE waits for people to come to them for IR, I know 21st will do it if people just ask them. I don’t agree with 21st being stripped of their trainings but I do believe they need to be talked to either by high command or their BCMD about getting trainings done, I believe this is an internal error more then anything that the server needs to control. (This is just my opinion)

I know SOBDE could take EOD and run with it and do great, but I also think we should give 21st another chance.

Edited by Deku
  • Agree 3

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

21st shouldn't have EOD takin away from them, I'm not going to lie in my 6 months of playing on Synergy I haven't seen more than 10 IR trainings ever, so with EOD on their plate it's probably just going to be the same.

• Disagree 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

2 minutes ago, Dinaric said:

Honestly the same can be said from my side. I didn’t even know SOBDE did IR trainings until someone eventually hosted it one time in-game and that’s just from my 4 months of playing on Synergy. It shouldn’t be whether “only one person wants it” eventually people need to do IR on an event job but they can’t because someone or a group of people do not consistently host IR. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW SOBDE did IR until I joined their tryout discord... So if you’re gonna have SOBDE manage EOD, it’ll be the same exact thing, not hosting until someone asks for it, which who’s gonna know what EOD is if they don’t host it at all?

Exactly my point, no training on this server should only be you can get it if you ask for it, people should be constantly hosting them. I can honestly say 41st are a perfect example of what it should be like, nearly every single day I see Wren, Nissan, and other 41st hosting public tryouts for BARC Speeder and AT-RT tryouts. Once more to reiterate, I have very rarely seen SOBDE host public IR.

• Agree 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

I have no idea if I am miss informed but I am unsure about the removal of EOD trainings from the 21st. If it is the case of SOBDE jobs getting the defusal kits and 21st not, that does not mean you 100% lose the training. However I could be wrong as I was not told anything about this.

Second point, There are many Battalions that only host one or zero trainings. Some battalions seem to have a depenancy on hosting trainings. Personally I feel like that is an error in how the battalion is ran but that's my opinion.

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

When myself and @Marvelmade the interrogation training, We made it so that it was a rare thing to do because the majority of you children are edgy and do "/me Cuts off mans finger and force feeds it to victim". Moving forward, When interrogation was made it was hosted quite frequently and later we had it set up so that select members from each battalion/ Jedi could host interrogation trainings. It isn't on current SO BDE members  that Interrogation training isn't regularly hosted because some haven't been set up to train it due to previous Reg's instructions and lack of a clear path for it.  Which can fault to me, When I was Reg I asked many members of SO BDE to train it but SO BDE is a forever changing regiment. Members come and go. 

EOD is now no longer going to be played out in a /me roleplay direction, It requires actual in game systems and the higher ups have decided to pass it on to us. Which is fair, I understand your concerns I really do. Though I haven't seen 21st run a EOD training in forever, Nor is there lore that states EOD was trained by the 21st. We've seen in the show that the Republic had a whole regiment/battalion for EOD. From my experience, and I mean no offence. 21st are known for excessive documents for /me roleplay which often leads to a misunderstanding of trainings, arguments, conflictions and tedious trainings that people are less interested in to acquire. 

In conclusion, What I'm trying to say is that going forward that its happened, there's no point in trying to act like it gives you a less purpose on the server. SO BDE has been informed by Founders, Our Reg and many others that there will be consequences if we don't do it. There was talks that people outside of SO BDE  who will be able to also host the trainings. People always complain that SO BDE don't do anything, don't interact with you guys, and the chance where we will be able to offer an actual purpose to interacting with people, Y'all bitch.

And I mean this in the nicest way possible, would you kindly please stop your bitching.

• Funny 1

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

• Management
7 minutes ago, Nova_ said:

This might not be the correct place to post this but honestly what’s the point in even hosting EOD training , I’m just kinda confused because it’s not like every job will get the diffuse kit? 

It's in the event that there are no EOD jobs present then if they are trained they can get staff to spawn it in for them.

Edited by Marvel

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

3 minutes ago, Nova_ said:

This might not be the correct place to post this but honestly what’s the point in even hosting EOD training , I’m just kinda confused because it’s not like every job will get the diffuse kit? 

It'll make sense in due time.

hi.

3 minutes ago, Nova_ said:

Because there's a system behind the new EOD stuff, A certain code etc that you have to learn.

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

Having the entirety of 21st being able to EOD is just redundant to those who's lore character specializations are EOD such as myself, Darman, Scorch, and other lore positions outside of 21st. I agree on having a group of you guys who are able to do it but, you should limit the amount of people who can do it in your battalion so 21st doesn't completely seem like an EOD based battalion.

Regarding what Heart said, GM were meant to board ships and take them over while SO is a stealth-based battalion. I can understand the TECH part although.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

In my opinion make the lore characters that specialize in EOD be able to do EOD Trainings, because recently there has been a lack of both EOD and Tech trainings.

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

I will say this, in my time in 21st when claw was BCMD he made it a requirement to get promoted to host it twice and actually train someone. I think the problem is and I dont know if this actually happened is that, that is a requirement anymore. I could be wrong but I see 21st people getting promoted but I dont see them hosting tech and EOD 

Certified Giga Chad

5 hours ago, Dinaric said:

I agree with Brick, and this is not to stir drama, but ever since I left 21st to go to 104th I literally barely saw any EOD done, and literally no TECH at all, sure someone would host it 2 times a week and then that’s it, as far as TECH goes, I’ve seen nobody host that.

Ive been tryna get on people's asses about hosting Tech

Too bad no one listens

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png